iPad Reset through iTunes on Wine?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
NDW57

iPad Reset through iTunes on Wine?

Post by NDW57 »

Hi
I have an oldish ipad and want to set it up for my grandson. Unfortunately we've forgotten the passcode (four digits). Tried to use our usual codes with no success and now need to connect to itunes. Perfectly happy with a factory reset. Will the itunes on Playon allow me to do this? Neither version of itunes there says it will sync the ipad but not sure if what I want to do classes as a "sync". Unless someone has a better solution.......
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: iPad Reset

Post by xenopeek »

You'll have to trigger recovery mode on the iPad and use iTunes to load a fresh iOS install onto it. If that doesn't work with iTunes on Wine, you can use anybody else their iTunes to do this. It's not tied to your account or anything like that. So a relative or friend that has Windows or Mac and would be willing to let you do it. You can otherwise also do it at an Apple store.
NDW57

Re: iPad Reset

Post by NDW57 »

Thanks for the advice. I'm aware that I need to do a full reset which isn't an issue. Sadly I do not have access to a Windows machine nor to an Apple Mac and the nearest Apple Store is well over an hour away in Birmingham - nice! I just wondered if anyone had tried this process through Wine and it had been successful.

Return to “Open Chat”