Getting around Privacy Screen of McDS

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
green_dragon34
Level 1
Level 1

Getting around Privacy Screen of McDS

Post by green_dragon34 »

Mint Linux 19 Cinnamon did it automatically. Did not bring up a screen that wastes my time, telling me McDs Wifi, is unsafe., but click the button to start WiFi. Instead with Mint, the internet connection just works., after I select it from Network.

That is cute. How did you do it? I see it starts some kind of proxy thing in Firefox, and Yahoo Search. Still, I guess the WiFi connection is unsafe.

I have tried several times to use TAILS Linux at McDs, which gets blocked. I am guessing the people who write TAILS do that for good reason. Still, trying to do some things with Windows 10. So I felt I would at least use a USB key with a version of Linux with Tails. Since I am not very sophisticated in using Linux, I found Ubuntu was not very helpful in installing TOR. I have tried Debian, which did not have an Immediate driver for my Wireless, given my expertise level, it was not directly easy to install the Wireless Driver, but I will likely go back to doing that, as Debian is faster with Security updates.

TOR for Mint Linux is just Extract to a folder, and click on the TOR button.

Obviously for usability, Mint Linux knocks it out of the Ball Park.

WOW, how did you guys get around those annoying permission screens, (Privacy screen ?)???
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Open Chat”