(answered)Multi-post subject

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

(answered)Multi-post subject

Post by HaveaMint »

I am curious to what would be a good way to do a topic example; Tutorial that would take two or more replies in that subject to complete?
I would think this way.
Please don't reply yet there is more to come
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Multi-post subject

Post by HaveaMint »

then continue on as needed. I wouldn't want it to sound Snooty in asking people to please hold off.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Easiest way is compose all of it in a text editor. Then copy/paste post one, submit, hit reply, copy/paste post two.
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

Does this work with images?
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Ahh. That'll take a little practice, I think. Can't offer help as I've never inserted images into any posts so far.
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

MrEen wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:29 pm Ahh. That'll take a little practice, I think. Can't offer help as I've never inserted images into any posts so far.
Thanks for the input though. I laugh at the thought of me formulating enough text to require multi replies to complete. My concern was in trying to keep a tutorial or the like from getting fragmented from outside input. I can of course have it all in a worked up locally texts and pictures but sometimes even the fastest of pasting cannot stop several replies / opinions before you even get finished.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Moderators can always clean up a worthwhile tutorial thread. So don't worry about it until you have to. ;)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

HaveaMint wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:16 pm Does this work with images?
Not if you want to attach them, but then you can add those in the five minutes afterwards.
If you host them elsewhere, then yes, that's possible. Use the rimg tag for best results (large, clickable thumbnails inside the post).

And yes, moderators can clean up a thread if someone manages to butt in.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

Moem wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 am
HaveaMint wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:16 pm Does this work with images?
Not if you want to attach them, but then you can add those in the five minutes afterwards.
If you host them elsewhere, then yes, that's possible. Use the rimg tag for best results (large, clickable thumbnails inside the post).

And yes, moderators can clean up a thread if someone manages to butt in.
Thanks. That looks like a good book in avatar, your always reading it. :lol:
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

HaveaMint wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:11 am That looks like a good book in avatar, your always reading it. :lol:
I'll let you in on a secret:
They're different books, I just cover them all in kraft paper to keep them from getting damaged. :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

HaveaMint wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:52 pm I am curious to what would be a good way to do a topic example; Tutorial that would take two or more replies in that subject to complete?
I would think this way.
Please don't reply yet there is more to come
That is similar to what a member on ubuntuforums does when he writes multipost tutorials, he puts this line at the top of the first post
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD UNTIL I REMOVE THIS MESSAGE
Then he edits and removes the line when he is done

Return to “Open Chat”