Please recommend calendar app without sync

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
isaac12345

Please recommend calendar app without sync

Post by isaac12345 »

Hi all!

I have an iphone and am not that comfortable with sharing my calendar with apple. Can someone suggest a calendar app (not paper!) that respects your privacy and doesnt have sync/can switch it off?

Thanks! :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DavePlummer

Re: Please recommend calendar app without sync

Post by DavePlummer »

FWIW, I would first try to disable iCloud for calendars. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207689. I don't have an iPhone, so I can't test Apple's instructions myself.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

i know this is open chat, but are you asking support for apples or linux?
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

For Linux I use Rainlendar free version. It has many different skins and formats. Only the paid version allows syncing between computers.
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
isaac12345

Post by isaac12345 »

Asking for on iphone.
By the way is it possible to sync directly between the desktop and phone without any party in the middle, over the web?
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

+1 on rainlendar. The only reason I didn't keep with it was the syncing. Instead went with evolution for combined email, calendar and syncing with google and thus to my phone. Not aware of any apps that sync calendar of iphone to mint. Apple is pretty much hostile/indifferent to linux. One reason I changed my iphone for an android.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0

Return to “Open Chat”