Australia’s first B-quad hits the road

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Australia’s first B-quad hits the road

Post by lsemmens »

Saw this online today! I'm in love! :mrgreen: I'd love to see one in RL, at least, I do travel in parts of the country where I might get that privilege.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Australia’s first B-quad hits the road

Post by HaveaMint »

lsemmens wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:29 pm Saw this online today! I'm in love! :mrgreen: I'd love to see one in RL, at least, I do travel in parts of the country where I might get that privilege.
It will take a few hours to set each trailer on docks, and connecting won't be for faint hearted.
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

that is just totally awesome.

I have friends in the trucking industry, both in the states here, and in AU.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

HaveaMint wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:53 am
lsemmens wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:29 pm Saw this online today! I'm in love! :mrgreen: I'd love to see one in RL, at least, I do travel in parts of the country where I might get that privilege.
It will take a few hours to set each trailer on docks, and connecting won't be for faint hearted.
Nah! A good Roadtrain driver would knock it over in fairly quick order. You'd just start at the back and work forward so you are really only connecting the front dog to the rest. The issue might occur when for some reason, once all is connected, the driver needs to reverse a distance, THEN that would be fun! NOT!!!!!! IOW a good driver would NEVER need to reverse the whole rig.
Fully mint Household
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

In watching that drone footage, can you imagine how funny it would have been if the tail car had been a police officer with lights on, pulling the driver over to give him (or her) a ticket?

As I see it, and I'm only commenting as a normal automobile driver, I think managing that would become a nightmare if for no other reason than other motorists would make it impossible for that driver to get the physical clearance necessary to make turns. They'd unwittingly trap the driver, or they'd get stuck and then practically knocked off the road because they didn't realize the driver to their left was actually making a right-hand turn.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Typically these things only run in rural areas so traffic is not a huge issue and they are not permitted to operate in major centres anyway.

Oh! And they do get pulled over by the transport "police" fairly regularly. All heavy vehicles are subject to regular checks anyway. Drivers are only allowed to drive for so many hours a day, no alcohol or drugs are permitted. Transport inspectors can also check that the load is adequately secured, some even carry portable scales to ensure that overloading does not occur. In many ways the trucking industry is more heavily regulated than public transport.Here is the list of times a driver must adhere to
Fully mint Household

Return to “Open Chat”