Message in a Bottle

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Message in a Bottle

Post by lsemmens »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
carum carvi

Re: Message in a Bottle

Post by carum carvi »

When I was 7 I had read a childrens book about someone who had found a bottle with a message in it. Fond of that idea I decided to do the same. With the help of my older sister I wrote a message in english, french and german. We used a sturdy glass orange juice bottle which had a very tight closing lid on it. Just for safety we wrapped the letter in numerous plastic bags, so it couldnt get wet. We threw it into the ocean and waited...

3 months later I got a letter delivered to my house. Someone had found it! It had covered a distance of about 100 kilometres, that is about 60 miles. It was found on the shores of another beach in my homecountry. Somehow I was a bit disappointed by that, because I probably had wished it was found by someone far far away. But the preparing to throw it into the sea and the anticipation of what was to happen next was great fun for a kid of 7 years old. Come to think of it, it would be fun nowadays too, with all the speedy internet connections it can be nice to slow down and write a letter, just a simple letter. And then throw it into the ocean and just wait what is to come of it...
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Message in a Bottle

Post by deepakdeshp »

carum carvi wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:36 am ..
Thats a nice one.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Open Chat”