Letgo is not 100% compatible with Linux Mint

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Letgo is not 100% compatible with Linux Mint

Post by wpshooter »

The "Letgo" (sales and buying website) application is not 100% compatible with
Linux Mint (and Firefox browser) operating system.

How would the Linux community (or developers) go about convincing Letgo developers to make
their application work better with Linux Mint and Firefox.

I have tried to point out to Letgo some of the shortcomings of their application
when it is attempted to be used on a Linux Mint machine but, so far, seems like I
might as well be spitting into the wind !!!

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

How to troubleshoot problem with website

Post by wpshooter »

I am using a certain website (Letgo) that is not working properly (there is a SAVE function on one of the
pages and it is NOT active, when I attempt to click on it to save changes I want to make to my account
data nothing happens, i.e. data is not saved).

Is there a way that I can copy the coding of that website page using the Firefox browser tools
and then submit it to someone either here on Linux Mint forums or elsewhere to see if I can
discover what the problem is with the functionality of the save button ? I am thinking that
the website is not written properly to work 100% correctly under Firefox browser.

I would submit the code to the developers of the website but I have no way to contact them
that will allow me to submit any type of webpage coding and even if I did I am not sure that
they would be familiar enough with Firefox to discover what the problem might be.

Thanks.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Letgo is not 100% compatible with Linux Mint

Post by xenopeek »

It appears to be an issue on your end. I created a fake account on the website and the save changes button on the account data page activates as per expected after changing something in the account data. If you can't get it solved it may be a add-on you're using (like ad, cookie or script blocker). Test it again with Firefox in safe mode (go to about:support in Firefox address bar and click the button to restart Firefox with add-ons disabled). Or create a new user account on your system and log in to that, testing again from there. The website seems to work fine here in Firefox.
wpshooter wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 amHow would the Linux community (or developers) go about convincing Letgo developers to make
The onus is on you to tackle that, if this was the case. I've never seen it be a Linux Mint issue. But sure, a rare few websites may deliberately sabotage themselves to not work correctly for 40% of their potential users by not adhering to web standards. It happens and would be a case of "we use Google Chrome experimental features for our production website because why not?" As a rule you should look to what on your own system may be the cause as this is extremely uncommon.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

xenopeek wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:02 am It appears to be an issue on your end. I created a fake account on the website and the save changes button on the account data page activates as per expected after changing something in the account data. If you can't get it solved it may be a add-on you're using (like ad, cookie or script blocker). Test it again with Firefox in safe mode (go to about:support in Firefox address bar and click the button to restart Firefox with add-ons disabled). Or create a new user account on your system and log in to that, testing again from there. The website seems to work fine here in Firefox.
wpshooter wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 amHow would the Linux community (or developers) go about convincing Letgo developers to make
The onus is on you to tackle that, if this was the case. I've never seen it be a Linux Mint issue. But sure, a rare few websites may deliberately sabotage themselves to not work correctly for 40% of their potential users by not adhering to web standards. It happens and would be a case of "we use Google Chrome experimental features for our production website because why not?" As a rule you should look to what on your own system may be the cause as this is extremely uncommon.
Did you try changing the "USER LOCATION" on the profile page. I can change all of the other data except for the LOCATION
if I try to change the location the SAVE button is not active ?

There are NO plugins or add-ons running on my Firefox except the one add-on "Open H264" which Firefox says is REQUIRED.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I did in fact change location. No problems. Very strange it doesn't work for you but I don't think this is a "they don't support Firefox / Linux Mint" issue.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

xenopeek wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:56 am I did in fact change location. No problems. Very strange it doesn't work for you but I don't think this is a "they don't support Firefox / Linux Mint" issue.
I tried Firefox in safe mode, SAVE button still not active.

The only thing different that happened is that it gave warning message that website was making
browser run SLOW and gave option to either WAIT or STOP IT, I choose to wait. App run but just
super slow, save button still would not work !!!
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

xenopeek wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:56 am I did in fact change location. No problems. Very strange it doesn't work for you but I don't think this is a "they don't support Firefox / Linux Mint" issue.
Sort of strange that I don't have these type of problems on any other websites except for Letgo !!!
I am beginning to believe that there is something corrupted in my Letgo user account. Think I am
going to ask them to delete it and set it up again from scratch. Thanks.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition

Return to “Open Chat”