M$ wants to also start charging for windows 10

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
DAMIEN1307

M$ wants to also start charging for windows 10

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

interesting article below that pretty much speaks for itself..."windows as a service" looks like its going to be exactly that, more than likely with businesses first being charged a monthly subscription fee for service...how long before the home user?...thats probably anyones guess but i think most of us saw this coming a long time ago as part of their "new" business model of "WAAS"...DAMIEN

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkell ... 7aa83772c1
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: M$ wants to also start charging for windows 10

Post by Pierre »

if you wish yo buy their argument, that win-10 is the "Last Version of Windows",
and then you see that they are releasing an update, every six months,
then you will also see that they will need to get a New Business Model.
:(

Software As A Service.
:evil:
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
ud6

Re: M$ wants to also start charging for windows 10

Post by ud6 »

I'm pretty happy about this and I think is probably good all round. Commercial enterprises that want constant and instant attention for problems will get it. Home users or small businesses will have to stick with older versions of windows or swap to Linux. Really, it opens up the market. Windows might improve too, as their income model doesn't depend on inventing more useless things you can do, but on actual useability. I'm sure plenty of people will also find a way to hack or avoid paying for the service too.

Return to “Open Chat”