How to "gut" windows 10 like a fish

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
DAMIEN1307

How to "gut" windows 10 like a fish

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Found this article this morning for gutting bloatware. telemetry, cortana, shut down automatic updates, purge windows defender, etc. from windows 10...have no idea if this is going to work well without borking it and since i will never use windows ever again, i will never know...but for the adventurous among you, you may want to try this at home on a non-production, non daily driver and report back how well, or how bad it could be...lol...DAMIEN

https://fossbytes.com/ultimate-windows- ... -defender/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: How to "gut" windows 10 like a fish

Post by AZgl1800 »

Oh my,
I got really excited there for almost 90 seconds, until I got to
Before gettings started, make sure that you have the appropriate ISO build of the Windows OS that you would like to remove preinstalled bloatware.
My daughter hates Win10 but isn't ready to learn Linux, even though I dual installed PeppermintOS on it so she can access her MS Office stuff in the cloud...

sigh!
when you buy an OEM laptop, you don't get the install ISO.

and doing constant maintenance on a Daily Driver pc for my daughter is not something that I want to get into.
Furthermore, the MSMG toolkit is a Windows software which is updated quite often, so make sure that you are using the one which supports the Windows ISO version that you would like to customize.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Would it not be quicker just to plug in a linux disk and when prompted, delete windwoes all together? :D
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

the thing is - that you will Create Your Own Customised Version of the Windows System,
so,, even if you are using an OEM version, on your machine,
- then as long as you use the ISO for the same version, that is installed onto your machine,
& then finish up with Your Own Customised Version of the Windows System,,
- you then can still utilise this Method of Customising the Windows System.
:)
you then finish up with what is still called an "Light Version of Windows".
8)
there has always been these "lightweight version available" of the various Windows Systems.
& there has always been some different versions of the Software that is needed to perform this Customisation.
- - generally you had to Pay For It,, as they often were Not Free.

it's a lot of work, that is required, but the proposed Software can Automate a Lot of it.
& it's really only of use, for those that are keen to Create an Lightweight Version of the Windows System
- - for a specific purpose - like Gaming - where unnecessary BloatWare is UN-desirable. ..

NB: if you then tried to Sell Your New ISO,
- - then you would, most definitely get Busted for Selling Illegal Copies . . . . . . of the Windows System.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Open Chat”