Walmart Calling asking you about prescriptions

Chat about just about anything else
DAMIEN1307
Level 6
Level 6

Walmart Calling asking you about prescriptions

Post by DAMIEN1307 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:43 pm

ok...heres what has happened...supposed walmart pharmacy calls me to authenticate and re-up prescriptions from my local walmart...i decline and call them up via their real phone...(there closed on sunday)...i call the walmart store manager and tell them what just transpired...she agrees that walmart pharmacy is closed and no way i should be called by them...i then ask her to call walmart headquarters and ask for a response within a half hour...i then call again 45 minutes later...i call again and manager denies i even called for possible problem...i have the phone logs and have not deleted them...walmart needs to respond but they refuse...i do not know what to do but post this and hope that those who do know what to do can help not only me but others out there to do so as well, and make sure that walmart is aware that there managers are not helpful as well....the local walmart in alamogordo nm has my phone number and only you folk can make this happen...the call really happened and the person not only knew my full name but even the prescrptions i need to take...im asking anyone here in the forums who know more than myself, how to take walmart to task and make them accountable....DAMIEN
ORDO AB CHAO

DAMIEN1307
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Walmart Calling asking you about prescriptions

Post by DAMIEN1307 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:11 pm

talked to the people at walmart...they basically told me..."up yours'...DAMIEN
ORDO AB CHAO

HaveaMint
Level 4
Level 4

Post by HaveaMint » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:29 pm

Did you call the number back that originally called you? What was the original phone number?
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".

ajgringo619
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ajgringo619 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 pm

DAMIEN1307 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:11 pm
This is really strange. My mom's meds are processed through Wal-Mart and I've never had them call me for refills; I do get notified via email, but never over the phone. Also strange that they're closed on Sundays; 9am-9pm every day here.
[Mint 19 XFCE, AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core w/16 GB RAM, 4.15.0-42-generic, GeForce GTX 960 w/Nvidia 415.23]

catweazel
Level 17
Level 17

Post by catweazel » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:48 pm

DAMIEN1307 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:11 pm
Unnamed world leaders et al seem to use use Twitter to try and trigger WW III. Some use Facebook.
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

AZgl1500
Level 9
Level 9
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Post by AZgl1500 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:07 pm

it was a scam call, had to be.

used Walmart for prescriptions a long time, never had them call me.
but, I was always signed up for their Text Messaging service, and got immediate notification when a script has been filled.

moved to Podunk, USA 30 miles from a Walmart, switched everything over to the only drugstore in our community, no SMS service with them, you talk to a live human :mrgreen:

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Post by jimallyn » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:21 am

Definitely a scam, I would say. I quit going to Walmart a couple of decades ago after learning a few things about some of their practices.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

DAMIEN1307
Level 6
Level 6

Post by DAMIEN1307 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 pm

well...just confirmed that they indeed did call me after pharmacy hours last night...seems they have a new policy that has them calling folks for re-upping their scripts now...these days you just dont know anymore what is or is not a scam because there are so many of them but at least this time, its legit...DAMIEN
ORDO AB CHAO

Portreve
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Portreve » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:57 pm

I read this thread and I'm still left wondering why there was concern about this. My local Walgreens calls me if and when I have prescriptions ready. Walgreens also calls my mom automatically when each bottle of her medication is about ready to run out.
Peoples of the universe, please attend carefully: the message which follows is vital to the future of you all.

If your issue is solved or your question answered, please edit the first post of your thread and add [SOLVED] to the thread topic. Thanks!

DAMIEN1307
Level 6
Level 6

Post by DAMIEN1307 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:14 pm

the concern was that since 2005, for as long as ive filled scripts at various locations they have across the country, they have never once live called (not an automated refill confirmation call), but a real live person calling a patient to re-up scripts...this is absolutely new for them as well as a new one on me...also there are a number of scam calls now that are targeting medicare users and ive already received several myself...that is where the concern arises...too many scams targeting senior citizens...DAMIEN
ORDO AB CHAO

lsemmens
Level 6
Level 6

Post by lsemmens » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:53 pm

I'm very blessed in that we only ever deal with three pharmacies. One in our local town for the bulk of our medications, and we have a LOT of medication (wife chronically ill), and we know all the staff there. One, in the city for one particularly expensive med (again, we know the pharmacist there) and, one from the Main Hospital in the city for a med we can get nowhere else, (this is the ONLY place we have no control over.) If I get a call from someone I don't know regarding meds, it's very easy to work out their intent.
Kernel: 4.15.0-36-generic x86_64 bits: 64
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.8.9
Distro: Linux Mint 19 Tara

Laptop T4500 Dualcore 4Gb RAM
Server AMD Phenom 9650 - GEForce 9400GT 6Gb RAM
+ three other Linux Mint machines
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Open chat”