A Heads Up About Comcast

Chat about just about anything else
MrGrimm
Level 4
Level 4

A Heads Up About Comcast

Post by MrGrimm » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Sometime yesterday comcast chose to upgrade select users to ipv6 ip's WITHOUT informing them they were doing so. i could not get back on line untill i refreshed my network setting in mint and that's when i noticed they switched us to ipv6. today we had issues staying connected and when i checked the brilliant people of comcast had us on a ipv6 ip with ipv4 dns settings. called them and they swore we did not such thing, but my setting in mint, 2 ip lookups and going to a site that i was banned at for handing a asshat his ass tells me that they lies and did change the ip without informing us. the point i'm getting at is if yesterday or today you are having issues with your comcast internet connection it just may be that they changed your ip without informing you. one additional note because of this my roommate had to rerun windows. now when he tried to get to any site that hasn't switched from ipv4 to ipv6 he can't, but every ipv6 site he goes to loads instantly. this is an EPIC fail on comcast part.
Mint Cinnamon 19 On The Following Hardware

AMD FX 6300, Asus 970 Gaming/Aura, Samsung 120 Gig 850 EVO, 16 Gig DDR3,
USB 3.0 Card, AOC 29" Ultra Wide At 2560x1080.
SATA 500 & 500 Gig Hitachi drives, USB 3.0 1 TB WD & 2 TB Seagate Expansion

Portreve
Level 6
Level 6

Re: A Heads Up About Comcast

Post by Portreve » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 am

Well, who knows how long this might take if it is a staged rollout, but I just checked my gateway and it's no different than it's always been.

Also, I was just on the euroflorist web site perhaps 30 minutes ago, along with a couple other places, and I had no problems.
MrGrimm wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:51 pm
this is an EPIC fail on comcast part.
Honestly, I've had more problems with the LinuxMint domain than any other website (like the other day when even the default home page wasn't even accessible) so maybe ymmv?

Also, as an escapee from CenturyLink, I can tell you there are far worse providers out there than Comcast.
Peoples of the universe, please attend carefully: the message which follows is vital to the future of you all.

If your issue is solved or your question answered, please edit the first post of your thread and add [SOLVED] to the thread topic. Thanks!

MrGrimm
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MrGrimm » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 pm

never a problem with the mint sites here. as for cumcast i checked my ip through google, wht is my ip, and one other and all 3 came up with a public ipv6 address when my vpn is off. i also went to a site a friend got my default ip blocked in and logged without any issue. leave it to cumcast to not tell peeps that they're FINALLY doing this rollout. 3 days of up and down service and then a day of no service because of it. FINALLY looks good, but only after they determined that the modem was getting everything it should, the setting on all devices were correct, but the bandwidth from the modem was not being released to the devices. comcast doesn't even understand why the modem wasn't sending the bandwidth to the device, then boom several hours after the tech left it just starts working. if i didn't shave my head i would of been pulling my hair out.

Pepi
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Pepi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Communications Breakdown ~~ Led Zeppelin :wink:

"as for cumcast"

Now I know why they changed their name to Xfinty :mrgreen:

Portreve
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Portreve » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Pepi wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:38 pm

"as for cumcast"

Yep, that about sums this up. :lol:

Actually, Comcast has always given me rock-solid service. Outages have always been minimal, and they make CenturyLink look like total amateur hour. Then again, I've never really been a fan of DSL, so...
Peoples of the universe, please attend carefully: the message which follows is vital to the future of you all.

If your issue is solved or your question answered, please edit the first post of your thread and add [SOLVED] to the thread topic. Thanks!

MrGrimm
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MrGrimm » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Pepi wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:38 pm

"as for cumcast"

ignore the one who posted after you, cause beside this epic screw up on their part they have always had extremely poor customer service and take forever getting credits owed taken off the amount due.

Pepi
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Pepi » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Yeah .. My daughter is in 'collections' right now with them over equipment they picked up and she didn't think about getting a receipt :oops: Really her fault IMO

Return to “Open chat”