How to cross-compile on Mint for Mac?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

How to cross-compile on Mint for Mac?

Post by jimallyn »

I recently learned about dmrconfig, and aid to programming digital radios such as my Baofeng RD-5R. The github page says it can be compiled for Linux, Mac, and Windows. For Linux and Mac, the procedure is pretty simple:

git clone https://github.com/sergev/dmrconfig
make
make install

I was able to compile it for Linux, but there's a guy on the RD-5R Facebook page who runs a Mac, and he insists github is beyond his capabilities. I'd like to compile it for him and send him the binaries. I know cross-compiling is possible, but I have no idea how to compile for Mac on my Linux box. Anybody got hints/tips/advise/whatever?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: How to cross-compile on Mint for Mac?

Post by xenopeek »

I think this may be what you need: https://github.com/tpoechtrager/osxcross
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

that's something that I've never got working on my Linux PCs:
- had to resort to programming my Baofeng UV-5RC on an Win-Xp machine.
:(
did get the Prolific Driver to work on Win-7 as well, but that's another story.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Pierre wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 amhad to resort to programming my Baofeng UV-5RC on an Win-Xp machine.
Windows? Oh, how awful! Are you using CHIRP? I've been using it ever since I got a Wouxun (and now a Boafeng) radio. Works flawlessly on Mint.
Pierre wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 amdid get the Prolific Driver to work on Win-7 as well, but that's another story.
Prolific sucks. The FTDI drivers are built into the kernel, and it works every time.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

xenopeek wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:23 amI think this may be what you need: https://github.com/tpoechtrager/osxcross
Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

Return to “Open Chat”