E-mail Notifications ???

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
BuckSkin

E-mail Notifications ???

Post by BuckSkin »

I am new to this site and some aspects of it are quite different to sites that I am familiar with, so maybe I may not have everything as it should be in my user-CP.

As far as I can comprehend, I should have everything set such that, whenever someone posts in a thread that I have created, then I should receive an email notifying me of that.(hopefully an instant email)

As it is, I am only getting an email maybe one time in ten.

I check my email and there will be no site notifications; I go immediately to the site and there may be a dozen responses in my threads, some of them hours old.

Also, on the thread itself, if I click the little thread tools icon, in the flyout menu, subscribe to this thread will be checked, even though it is not listed in my subscriptions.
If I then uncheck "subscribe...", it will then subscribe me to the thread; this seems to me to be tail-backwards to what one would expect.

Thanks for any and all help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: E-mail Notifications ???

Post by JoeFootball »

BuckSkin wrote:whenever someone posts in a thread that I have created, then I should receive an email notifying me of that.
I believe that you only get an email notification if someone quotes you in their response, as I did now, to which I hope you received said notification. Unless you were subscribed, where you'd get email notifications to all responses, so onward...
BuckSkin wrote:Also, on the thread itself, if I click the little thread tools icon, in the flyout menu, subscribe to this thread will be checked, even though it is not listed in my subscriptions.
If I then uncheck "subscribe...", it will then subscribe me to the thread; this seems to me to be tail-backwards to what one would expect.
I think you may be mis-conceptualizing that check symbol as a setting, which is understandable. :) Think of the menu options as an action to do, rather than a current disposition of something.

Joe
BuckSkin

Re: E-mail Notifications ???

Post by BuckSkin »

JoeFootball wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:41 pm I believe that you only get an email notification if someone quotes you in their response, as I did now, to which I hope you received said notification.
Yes, I did receive notification for this.
Thanks.

Return to “Open Chat”