path statement in Libre Office on Windows 8.1

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

path statement in Libre Office on Windows 8.1

Post by wpshooter »

Can the PATH statement for "my documents" in Libre Office be set to blank, i.e. no path ?

The reason I am asking about this is that a friend of mine is still stuck on MS$ 8.1 and he is running
Libre Office for W and he is having a problem with a spreadsheet which he is running and I am
thinking his problem is related to this path parameter in Libre. I have Libre running on MY
computer and I have not been able to replicate the problem that he is having on Libre on MS.

The problem he is having is sometimes when he gets ready to close his spreadsheet after
making data changes instead of getting the prompt to save or not to save (he normally does NOT
want to save any changes he has made to the DATA in the spreadsheet because he needs the
spreadsheet to be exactly the same as his template/static spreadsheet when he gets ready to
do his next job estimate - he only prints the current info, does not want to save it), he gets a prompt
for a file name to give to the spreadsheet as he exits Libre even though he has answered the prompt
that he does not want to save.

And like I say, I have not been able to replicate his problems but like I say I am using Mint 19.1
not MS$.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: path statement in Libre Office on Windows 8.1

Post by deepakdeshp »

Libre office forum is a better place for this.
Or Windows forum.
Best luck
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Open Chat”