Looking for an Android app that will allow me to use only the 3 apps I've explicitly whitelisted

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Looking for an Android app that will allow me to use only the 3 apps I've explicitly whitelisted

Post by pepperminty »

I'm pepperminty and I'm a, gulp, phoneaholic. I've been sober for 23 minutes.

I'm looking for help. I'm looking for something that will lock down my phone and will only let me use one of three apps when I tell it to. The three apps are Amazon Kindle, Moon Reader, and Play Books.

I've checked out many other apps, but the problem with them, for my usage, is that they are "blacklist apps". They work by knowing what apps you want to block. For example, Facebook and Instagram. But I want to work on my netaholism the other way around. In other words. I want apps that I explicitly whitelist to be accessible to me. (The 3 reading apps I've specified).

Is there such an app?

I have a Samsung S9 running Android 8.0. Not rooted (and not rootable).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mediclaser
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Looking for an Android app that will allow me to use only the 3 apps I've explicitly whitelisted

Post by mediclaser »

You could only do very little if your phone cannot be rooted. The closest you could get to what you want is to:
1) Disable all apps that your phone will allow you to (Settings)
2) Install NetGuard to control which apps you allow access to internet
If you're looking for a greener Linux pasture, you won't find any that is greener than Linux Mint. ;)
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Looking for an Android app that will allow me to use only the 3 apps I've explicitly whitelisted

Post by absque fenestris »

Possibly remove the SIM card...?
Lithium e.g. works quite well offline :mrgreen:

Return to “Open Chat”