a Fond Au Revoir

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
tlcmd

a Fond Au Revoir

Post by tlcmd »

To all y'all,
Thank you for putting up with my usually dumb questions over the past 10+ years when I added Linux Mint alongside my Windows on my various computers. I really enjoyed using LMDE2 (Mate), but was very disappointed when LMDE 3 was only offered in the Cinnamon format. I had also been hoping the Linux Mint would offer a rolling distro. I do use Linux over 99+% of the time.
So I went searching for a rolling Linux distro and after trying several recently installed GeckoLinux (an offshoot of openSUSE). So far I have been quite pleased with it, especially since I've finally learned to convert and work with RPM files. Their forums are, like this one, very helpful, polite, and so far they have been willing to put up with me and my dumb questions. I do intend to continue to watch as Mind evolves further and may eventually add it to my selection of distros as I do have a large HDD so could accommodate a third OS.
Best wishes to all y'all and I may be back.
tlcmd
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: a Fond Au Revoir

Post by Pjotr »

Linux is Linux. Have fun! :)
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
merryoakparker

Post by merryoakparker »

An update:
I have installed and configured GeckoLinux, but with 700 Gigs left blank on my HDD added back LinuxMint 19 Mate as a backup for my Window 10 and GeckoLinux documents. So y'all may be getting some more occsional stupic questions.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

Ellie Mae is so hot!

Return to “Open Chat”