Adobe Customers Now At Risk of Legal Action For Not Staying Current...

Chat about just about anything else
stormryder
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Adobe Customers Now At Risk of Legal Action For Not Staying Current...

Post by stormryder » Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am

Portreve wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:09 pm
I am all about personal liberty and freedom, I'm just not interested in actively recruiting AOLuserz to the platform, that's all.
What about the freedom of the creators of intellectual content?
Free speech man, the freedom to exchange ideas means we have the right to remain silent as well. I don't have to share my idea with you or I can charge a fee or I can ask that you not redistribute it, You are free to not agree to my terms and go without my idea.
The courts shouldn't be involved at all unless you violate terms you have agreed to.
I'm not interested in recruiting anyone, I'm not building an army.

gm10
Level 20
Level 20

Post by gm10 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 am

stormryder wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am
Portreve wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:09 pm
I am all about personal liberty and freedom, I'm just not interested in actively recruiting AOLuserz to the platform, that's all.
Free speech man, the freedom to exchange ideas means we have the right to remain silent as well. I don't have to share my idea with you or I can charge a fee or I can ask that you not redistribute it, You are free to not agree to my terms and go without my idea.
The courts shouldn't be involved at all unless you violate terms you have agreed to.
Bingo. Nobody is forced to subscribe to Adobe's service, nor was Adobe forced to license Dolby's technology. This is not about ideology, this is just business.

Portreve
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Portreve » Thu May 16, 2019 2:04 pm

stormryder wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am
I'm not interested in recruiting anyone, I'm not building an army.
gm10 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 am
Bingo. Nobody is forced to subscribe to Adobe's service, nor was Adobe forced to license Dolby's technology. This is not about ideology, this is just business.
I almost feel like I am coming in midway through a conversation. What exactly are you two arguing against?
Please be polite and remember to mark your fixed problem [SOLVED].

Presently running Ubuntu 19.10 on a MBP 8,1 and dreaming about my return to Linux Mint.

Also looking for a new job.

Return to “Open chat”