Tea or Coffee?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Tea or Coffee?

Post by lsemmens »

Coffee at any hour of the day or night. Tea is for woosies. I can have a coffee and go to bed and sleep straight away.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
fstjohn
Level 5
Level 5

Post by fstjohn »

I'm a coffee person. Cafe Bustello Espresso Grind in my Aero Press several times per day. Wife drinks PG Tips (we lived for years in the UK)
Greencedar
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Greencedar »

Tea is our choice of beverage here on Taiwan. The Chinese, or Taiwanese, prefer their tea brewed hot, real tea leaves that expand when the hot water is poured on.

I must also add that the Chinese, Taiwanese, like their tea 'a la natural.' They do not like to add any sort of sugar, or other condiment, into their tea, they rarely drink cold tea, the tea is usually poured into small cups, and to drink tea with others is an act of friendship.
Greencedar
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Pjotr »

Coffee! I grind the beans myself, for each individual brew. Nothing beats the taste of coffee when the beans are freshly ground.

Usually Arabica, although a blend with Robusta in it, adds some extra coffein ("pep"). :mrgreen:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
RollyShed
Level 8
Level 8

Post by RollyShed »

Schultz wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:35 pmI like my coffee strong and black, with just a little sweetener. I've been drinking a lot more lately since I'm on a "diet" (lost 22 lbs. so far, yay!).
Last night's TV news, coffee has been found to help weight loss, stimulates brown cells, so it said.
DJF113
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DJF113 »

Coffee! :D I usually fill my coffee cup with Maxwell House Columbian in the morning, and I'm good for the day. Haven't picked up the pot a day habit yet! Has to be black, anything else ruins the flavor.
Alienware 17R4, i7-7820HK, 16GB DDR4, 256SSD, 1TBHDD, Nvidia GeForce GTX1070, Win10/LM19 (Gaming Rig)
Dell Inspiron 17 5758, i5-4210U, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Linux Mint 19
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Greencedar wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:56 pm Tea is our choice of beverage here on Taiwan. The Chinese, or Taiwanese, prefer their tea brewed hot, real tea leaves that expand when the hot water is poured on.

I must also add that the Chinese, Taiwanese, like their tea 'a la natural.' They do not like to add any sort of sugar, or other condiment, into their tea, they rarely drink cold tea, the tea is usually poured into small cups, and to drink tea with others is an act of friendship.
I agree here. But iced tea is really nice for a Texas summer.
carum carvi

Post by carum carvi »

Neither.

I drink water. Some wine ocassionally. That's it.

Japanese people are fanatic tea consumers. They have a disproportionate LARGER number of stumach cancer casualties compared to countries who drink less tea. But many scientists could NOT find a relationship between stumach cancer and an extraordinary high intake of green tea.

Coffee drinking makes people react slower after 1 month. Research has shown that. At first it improves reaction speed, but coffee drinkers who drink every day, month after month, will start to react slower than when they werent drinking coffee at all. Coffee drinking is an addiction and has ZERO use for the needed daily nutrient intake of vitamins and minerals.

But I do like the smell of coffee in the morning very much, although I have never liked drinking it...
Last edited by carum carvi on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Spoken like a true tea drinker. Coffee does nothing for me. I can drink a cup and go straight to sleep. Even those "Energy Drinks" do nothing for me, and they taste like smelly stuff that comes out of your fundamental orifice too.
Fully mint Household
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

lsemmens wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:16 am Spoken like a true tea drinker. Coffee does nothing for me. I can drink a cup and go straight to sleep. Even those "Energy Drinks" do nothing for me, and they taste like smelly stuff that comes out of your fundamental orifice too.
Energy drinks are terrible. However, that being said when I would get called out at 0200 hours I would often shotgun a Red Bull and then eat a Payday candy bar to keep from crashing.
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Pjotr »

carum carvi wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:40 pm Japanese people are fanatic tea consumers. They have a disproportionate LARGER number of stomach cancer casualties compared to countries who drink less tea.
Probably unrelated to tea. But very likely related to spices: too much pepper in the food....
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Rosko
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rosko »

Coffee - strong, black, no sugar, many cups/day.
carum carvi

Post by carum carvi »

Pjotr wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:38 am
carum carvi wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:40 pm Japanese people are fanatic tea consumers. They have a disproportionate LARGER number of stomach cancer casualties compared to countries who drink less tea.
Probably unrelated to tea. But very likely related to spices: too much pepper in the food....
Pjotr, you are right. I RE checked my own presumption and scientists have done lots of research about a possible negative or postive effect of tea drinking related to stumach cancer and they couldnt find one. My statement was WRONG. Sorry for that. I did read a book though that clearly stated this as a truth. But I didnt double check it. The majority of research shows that there is no positive nor a negative effect of teadrinking on stumach cancer. Sorry tea drinking people, if I give anyone a scare.

The fact that stumach cancer is so much higher prevalent in Japan is probably related to a much higher doses of salt intake and pickled foods, which contain cancer causing nitrates. Smoking and alchohol drinking are suppose to be 2 other major contributors which cause stumach cancer. I havent heard yet about the effects of peppers related to cancer.

I did read some interesting research though about the relationship between hot drinks and esophageal cancer. Regardless if it was coffee or thea or hot chocolate,people who drank lots of super hot drinks (boiling hot) had an increased chance of getting esophageal cancer. Letting it cool down a bit would prevent this from happening.

Enjoy your tea and coffee folks!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I saw the same report. And I still drink my tea, occasional coffee, and unfortunately too much salt.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

But what I really want to know is...

Why don't they serve Lowbiscus Tea?
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Swampthing
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Swampthing »

Coffee for me, all day every day.
I've been in the coffee business for 11 years, servicing and repairing vending machines.
Now I'm looking for a new job, the company i was in were bought by a large competitor and they have their own technicians, so they fired a couple of dozens of us ... :?
So black coffee for me, IF I want sugar in it I'll need a lot of cream in it as well.
Tea is fine, sometimes. I drink maybe 10 cups of tea a year. And maybe 10 cups of coffee a day.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

10 cups of tea a year! :shock: I'd be lucky to have had that many cups of the stuff in my lifetime!!! Strangely enough, when I was in computers the cup on my desk was always full (of coffee) so, I guess it would have been over 10 cups a day that I'd drink. I started getting kidney stones (not recommended for anyone). xRays showed that my kidneys were full of "gravel" (none large enough to be a problem, so no surgery). Enough to cause me pain until they passed. I do trust and rely on God, so I prayed about it, and He responded with "reduce your coffee intake". I did, and haven't had a stone since. That was over twenty years ago. Now, I average only 3 or 4 cups a day.
Fully mint Household
lexon

Post by lexon »

Sometimes coffee in the morning but Mint tea in the evening with a of teaspoon honey from a local Apiary. I buy my tea by the batch from Amazon.
Many years ago I use to grow my own Mint but had to contain it. It could could spread.
It was great to simmer the leaves right off the vine in boiling water.
I cannot grow it where I live now.
Go Mint.

L
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick-Cork »

Coffee, occasionally Irish :)
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Chamomile tea, although I also like green tea.
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.

Return to “Open Chat”