Tea or Coffee?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Tea or Coffee?

Post by MurphCID »

How do you take your morning/mid-day/evening legal addictive stimulant? I love tea, fresh brewed from the leaves (black, Pu'Er, and green). I'll drink coffee sometimes, but I really prefer tea.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
iain_33
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Tea or Coffee?

Post by iain_33 »

Can't start the day without a strong cafetiere - some time ago I accidentally picked up a pack of decaf coffee and I was falling asleep all morning - but apart from that I cant face much coffee, it's builder's tea the rest of the day.
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon on Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop (2020)
8 ball
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 8 ball »

Tea, brewed reasonably strong but with plenty of milk. No sugar.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

I like both coffee and tea (real tea, not herbal teas so much). I like my coffee strong (my wife likes hers weak) and black, with just a little sweetener. I've been drinking a lot more lately since I'm on a "diet" (lost 22 lbs. so far, yay!). As for tea, either black (red) or green. I've had oolong and white, but they're harder to find. I'm not fancy, just use the kind in tea-bags.
old_noob
Level 4
Level 4

Post by old_noob »

Both, of course!

I have coffee every morning (good stuff; we don't roast our own beans yet but it may happen soon). I drink a lot of tea during the cooler months of the year, we have about 8 of those here in VT. My daughter in law is from India and her family owns plantations in Darjeeling so we drink good tea :mrgreen:
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

A BIG cup of coffee here :D

I don't understand how anyone can start the day without it :?
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi MurphCID,

I prefer good coffee preferably Hawaiian coffee or 100% Columbian coffee or other "high-end" coffees with two sugars (or artificial sweeteners) or honey and coffee cream or milk when available.

Previous post with some good replies

Tea - questing for a good cup - Linux Mint Forums
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=222637&hilit=coffee
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

phd21 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:58 pm Hi MurphCID,

I prefer good coffee preferably Hawaiian coffee or 100% Columbian coffee or other "high-end" coffees with two sugars (or artificial sweeteners) or honey and coffee cream or milk when available.

Previous post with some good replies

Tea - questing for a good cup - Linux Mint Forums
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=222637&hilit=coffee
Nice. I love a large latte from a local place, that beats the heck out of Starb**ks.
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

Coffee is my morning wake-me-up. Dark roast, black. Although I have been known to doctor it with a shot of Irish Cream.

I am a bit surprised a Texican would consider tea as anything other than the "house wine." You do know the proper way to serve it is in a tall glass, over ice, with way to much sugar, yes. :)
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
bob466
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bob466 »

It"s Tea here. Image Image
Last edited by bob466 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linux For Ever...Windows Never. Image
The Freedom To Choose Your Own Avatar Without Victimisation.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

I like tea, but I prefer coffee.

A friend of mine of many years owns a local coffee shop and Roasterie. Many years ago when he decided to sell off his computer parts and service business, he felt he should get properly trained in the coffee roasting arts. It turns out he has a natural talent for it.

Once he was fully up and running, he sold off the other business and went full time into having his small restaurant, and through that I have had coffee from literally all over the world, from legitimate high grown Hawaiian, to Mexican, to Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and everything else (except for Kopi Luwak).

Of single-origin coffees, Brazil Santos, Mexican High Grown, and Tanzanian Peaberry are some of my all-time favorites.

That said, my all time favorite coffee is Eduscho Gala.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

the military swore they would make me drink coffee! yuk! filthy brew that crap is.

I like Tea, most any flavor will do.

mostly though, my mornings start out with milk and cereal with buttered toast.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

BenTrabetere wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:06 am Coffee is my morning wake-me-up. Dark roast, black. Although I have been known to doctor it with a shot of Irish Cream.

I am a bit surprised a Texican would consider tea as anything other than the "house wine." You do know the proper way to serve it is in a tall glass, over ice, with way to much sugar, yes. :)
Absolutely, but after my last doctors visit, I no longer use very much sugar. I like my iced tea unsweet with a little lime or lemon, hot tea gets a little sugar. My wife likes her tea as a proper syrup.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

AZgl1500 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:23 am the military swore they would make me drink coffee! yuk! filthy brew that crap is.

I like Tea, most any flavor will do.

mostly though, my mornings start out with milk and cereal with buttered toast.
I too, learned to drink coffee in the Army. Strong, deadly, black, and so full of caffine that you thought you were having a heart attack. Yep, my First Sgt was from New Orleans and drank "real mans coffee", if the spoon did not stand up in the cup it was too weak :).
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Both. Coffee in the morning, sometimes another at work. When I'm in the mood, I'll have a tea a work.
vansloneker

Post by vansloneker »

I'm all tea. I drink coffee one cup after dinner. And in the supermarket where they have these wonderful machines that produce coffee from fresh grinned beans.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

3 cups of coffee and then I'm done for the day
philotux

Post by philotux »

A large mug of coffee in the morning. All black! A couple of Espresso shots throughout the day. Some evenings a cup of tea of some sort.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

I think I wrote this in the other thread. The best coffee I ever had was at my friend's place in Ohio (I've moved far, far away quite a while ago). I guess you could say he was pretty extreme about his coffee. He buys his own beans, whole and raw, roasts them himself, and grinds just enough to last a week. That was the best coffee I ever tasted in my life.
slipstick
Level 6
Level 6

Post by slipstick »

Only coffee or tea? No MATE? :)

For me, it's almost always coffee - once in a while a cup of green tea. Not a fanatic about it.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they ain't.

Return to “Open Chat”