Tea or Coffee?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Re: Tea or Coffee?

Post by rossdv8 »

But in long enough to know that only sissies drink coffee. Real men drink rum...
Of course, after adding that little gem, I'm sitting here enjoying a cappuccino coffee from freshly roasted and ground beans! I have a handful of coffee machines here.
So what does that make me? :D
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

rossdv8 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:22 pm So what does that make me? :D
Someone with Dutch roots perhaps? "Devitt" looks uncannily like an anglification of the Dutch surname "De Wit"....
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

Someone with Dutch roots perhaps? "Devitt" looks uncannily like an anglification of the Dutch surname "De Wit"....
The earliest Devitts, and most, in fact, that I found records for in Australia seem to be from Ireland. A little searching suggests the name is taken from an old Gaelic name meaning 'son of David' according to some sources including Wikipedia. I've never followed that up though.

I always wondered about the De Witt possibility though. Most early Irish in Australia seemed to be criminals, including our national hero (the bloke, NOT the racehorse).
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
farkas
Level 5
Level 5

Post by farkas »

Way back when in 1968. In the Tin Can Navy, cruising the Tonkin Gulf the only brand was US Navy issue coffee, which came in 5 gallon tins then disbursed sparingly by cooks. Once in a while made undrinkable by a seaman apprentice, fresh from boot camp, who mistook a seawater faucet for a fresh water. The only way enlisted men drank it was black. Occasionally a brand new Ensign, just graduated from Annapolis would ask for sugar and/or cream, they soon learned to drink it black, even if it was a couple hours old. You made a pot of coffee and drank it until it ran out. Fresh water is precious resource at sea.
If your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the subject line.
If you found a solution on your own please post it.
A generation which ignores history has no past and no future.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Still coffee here, Drank whole pot this morning. :)
Will have iced tea at lunch though . So guess I could say I drink both :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Trying some Pu'er tea, and it is....different, supposedly more healthy for you. But it is really, really dark tea.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

MurphCID wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:31 am Trying some Pu'er tea, and it is....different, supposedly more healthy for you. But it is really, really dark tea.
I drink it every day. It's a good tea to kickstart your day, and even if it's brewed to be very dark, it doesn't get bitter. It has an earthy flavour that I've come to enjoy.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Moem wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:34 am
MurphCID wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:31 am Trying some Pu'er tea, and it is....different, supposedly more healthy for you. But it is really, really dark tea.
I drink it every day. It's a good tea to kickstart your day, and even if it's brewed to be very dark, it doesn't get bitter. It has an earthy flavour that I've come to enjoy.
So far it is pleasant, nice flavor, and I am enjoying it.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

I've now had to switch permanently to tea. Coffee was... how to put this politely... interfering. :shock:
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

as we are Now heading into Winter:
- - Hot Chocolate - -
:D
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Pierre wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:58 am as we are Now heading into Winter:
- - Hot Chocolate - -
:D
Yes I had forgotten that "down under" it is getting to be winter now.
thatchunkylad198966
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thatchunkylad198966 »

Has to be tea here. don't like coffee.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

We're now into the Brass Monkey weather in the tropics, with temperatures in the mid to low 20s for the next month or two. Mind you, we use Celsius :D

One of the advantages of thesehome Coffee / Espresso machine things is the steam wand.

A jug of nicely micro-foamed Hot Choccy goes down well. Done right it pours like a chocolate milk shake.
A nice twist is a cap full of Vanilla flavouring (or a couple of drops of extract) and a teaspoon or so of malted milk powder with the chocolate before foaming the milk . . .
Last edited by rossdv8 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

rossdv8 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:22 am We're now into the Brass Mokey weather in the tropics, with temperatures in the mid to low 20s for the next month or two. Mind you, we use Celsius :D

One of the advantages of thesehome Coffee / Espresso machine things is the steam wand.

A jug of nicely micro-foamed Hot Choccy goes down well. Done right it pours like a chocolate milk shake.
A nice twist is a cap full of Vanilla flavouring (or a couple of drops of extract) and a teaspoon or so of malted milk powder with the chocolate before foaming the milk . . .
I was about to say, 20's! wow that is cold, but 20 C, that is pretty balmy. :) I like to add a shot of heavy cream to the Hot Chocolate at the end. Right now I am enjoying Twinnings Prince of Wales tea, pretty light, and good flavor.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

MurphCID wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:42 am Right now I am enjoying Twinnings Prince of Wales tea, pretty light, and good flavor.
Good stuff! Is the brand called Twinnings where you are? Over here, it's Twinings.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Good stuff! Is the brand called Twinnings where you are? Over here, it's Twinings.
Twinings with one "N" is the correct spelling.

Twinings is from England and i believe has "The Queens" official commission, imprimatur, charter, "By Appointment, or whatever they call it, to produce teas such as Earl Grey, Prince of Wales, etc....I drink the Earl Grey myself here in the U.S but only the Twinings brand as it is was not only the first, but also, and still is the best Earl Grey tea ...Bigelow and other brands of Earl Grey are only a poor imitation of the real thing from Twinings....DAMIEN
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Moem wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:13 am
MurphCID wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:42 am Right now I am enjoying Twinnings Prince of Wales tea, pretty light, and good flavor.
Fumble finger typing. It's Twinings
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

MurphCID wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:12 pm
Moem wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:13 am Is the brand called Twinnings where you are? Over here, it's Twinings.
I'm sure it was from pure enthousiasm and energy. Good tea will have that effect.

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Moem wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:35 pm
MurphCID wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:12 pm
Moem wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:13 am Is the brand called Twinnings where you are? Over here, it's Twinings.
I'm sure it was from pure enthousiasm and energy. Good tea will have that effect.
No kidding!
bracknelson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bracknelson »

I prefer green tea in the morning and coffee in the evening before my workout. Both tea and coffee contain different types of polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants that guard against heart illness and cancer.

Return to “Open Chat”