Tea or Coffee?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Tea or Coffee?

Post by MurphCID »

This morning was Yunnan Gold from Rishi tea, and yesterday was Twinings Prince of Wales (which is such a mellow, smooth tea). I just can't deal with too much coffee these days. I get about one or at most two cups a week.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Post by rossdv8 »

I discovered a neat side effect of my switch form Tea to Coffee.
The various coffee machines produce these little dry hard crumbly things called 'pucks'.
For years the neighbourhood Cats liked to dig and carp in my yard and p!55 on things, particularly on the wheels of the cars, and on screen doors. (The tigers even used to p!55 on the window screens, but fortunately that is not a problem where I live these days).
Anyway, I've discovered that cats seem to dislike the smell of coffee grounds. Coffee pucks are a pain if washed down the sink (clogging), so once a week I take a knock-box of these nice dry pucks and crumble them up as I distribute them around the house where the cats like to dig and below areas where they like to P!55.

Seems to have worked wonders over the last few years since I discovered this trick, and kills off only a few more plants than the cat pee did.
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

rossdv8 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:57 am I discovered a neat side effect of my switch form Tea to Coffee.
The various coffee machines produce these little dry hard crumbly things called 'pucks'.
For years the neighbourhood Cats liked to dig and carp in my yard and p!55 on things, particularly on the wheels of the cars, and on screen doors. (The tigers even used to p!55 on the window screens, but fortunately that is not a problem where I live these days).
Anyway, I've discovered that cats seem to dislike the smell of coffee grounds. Coffee pucks are a pain if washed down the sink (clogging), so once a week I take a knock-box of these nice dry pucks and crumble them up as I distribute them around the house where the cats like to dig and below areas where they like to P!55.

Seems to have worked wonders over the last few years since I discovered this trick, and kills off only a few more plants than the cat pee did.
That is brilliant!
chavic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by chavic »

I like coffee in the morning :D and tea in sunset. I do this a few days a week not every day.
Desktop: MATE 1.26.0
Distro: Linux Mint 21.1 Vera

rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

A cordless 'stick vac' thingy and a few minutes with a few bits of cardboard and some electrical tape, so that the 'vaccy bit' without the 'stick' attached is a great tool to help in cleaning out the burr part of a home coffee grinder.

It used to be a real pain, but now I can remove the top burr and brush it, then get in around the bottom burr with the long brush, and a pointy satay stick to loosen the last few days oily waste, then fit the vac over the hole for a moment and suck it out, then repeat.
Takes a minute or two.

Beats the hell out of turning the grinder upside down and banging it on the kitchen bench over and over...

I wish I had thought about this idea a couple of years ago. But then I didn;t have a cheapo Lithium powered hand held stick vacuum cleaner a couple of years ago :D
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

My breakfast each morning is a cup of milk with 2 tsp of nescafe classico, (I like it strong!) one sweet & low packet, and a dash of hazelnut flavoring (Torani brand). As for tea, I'd say Lipton has the best flavor, and mostly what my family drank, using loose leaf and then through a strainer, not tea bags. I don't even remember those in the 60's, think Tetley made the first ones. However, for tea bags, typically we buy Luzianne or Red Rose. My displeasure with Lipton are their fuzzy tea bags. If the Titanic was made from the same substance, it never would have sunk below the water, just like Lipton's tea bags never do either. When they changed their tea bags years ago from the thinner sinking ones, I wrote a complaint to Lipton. Their reply was to send me a free box of 100 of the same forever floating tea bags I was complaining about. That's when we changed to Luzianne and Red Rose tea bags.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Loving me some Black Rifle Coffee at their San Antonio location. Just me, the Lemur Pro, and a cuppa. This is a nice wind down to h**l week at work. After this on to the Tandoor Palace for the best Indian food in San Antonio. After that I go home and mow the grass. Got here a little late this morning, I was using some Round Up on the weeds, and Hackberry tree sprouts. Linux Mint and Coffee a great combination!
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Aha, Indian food. Reminded me of John Pinette, a deceased comedian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ6SmL1w2BA

The one about time in Scotland and eating Haggis is fun too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Eo558ZrCQ

Chinese Buffet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHixD8MTnc4

Dairy Queen in Arizona at 110F degrees, Camping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk0Ok5h7OFM

more of his humor.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Pinette
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

At Black Rifle Coffee with Matt Best and Logan Stark! Got a couple of selfies, lordy I am such a fan boy it seems. Now for Coffee....
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

MurphCID wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:53 am At Black Rifle Coffee with Matt Best and Logan Stark! Got a couple of selfies, lordy I am such a fan boy it seems. Now for Coffee....
For those who do not know the reference...DAMIEN

Never had the coffee myself, hope to try it sometime...lol.

https://coffeeordie.com/logan-stark-veteran/

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/pages/mat-best
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Friday ritual on going, having a good start to the day.
BJZilberman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BJZilberman »

I'll go with either tea, or beer.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

Mmmm Fresh ground 19g beans - 30-40ml Espresso C O F F E E
Mintmann
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Mintmann »

My coffin has been modified to fix my coffee maker. :mrgreen:
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

My coffin has been modified to fix my coffee maker.
Somehow that sounds sort of evil - but innovative!
Goz
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Goz »

Both. I brew a mixture to enjoy during the week of black and green tea,add stevia and store it in the fridge.
I drink coffee every morning with stevia,butter and heavy cream and sometimes chocolate. In the winter,I often add cinnamon for a change of pace.
Think of Windows 10 as Hotel California for computers.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Torani sugarless syrups, I prefer the hazelnut. Allows me to make easy cold or iced coffees. Walmart is so often out of it, I have to order online instead. I don't have to worry with the powders, which won't dissolve in cold coffee anyway.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Another way to have really good coffee...Have only seen this in my native New England, mostly in New Hampshire and Vermont.

If, like me, you use cream and sugar in your coffee, instead of sugar, try it with maple syrup instead.

Not the imitation flavour maple syrup, but has to be the real thing...Not only smooths it out, but what i nice flavour...Just don't overdue the maple because you want a nice mix of coffee and maple flavour, not overpowering it with maple...Really good in the dead of winter...DAMIEN
RickyRaccoon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RickyRaccoon »

Coffee. If we're talking hot tea as the alternative. I'm a Southerner; tea should be iced, and loaded with enough sugar at the time it's being brewed, to cause instant diabetes.

Kinda sucks for me, I'm on a diet atm. Sweet Tea without cane sugar is just immoral- but I'll happily drink my coffee with saccharine, or even black.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

Sweet Tea without cane sugar is just immoral- but I'll happily drink my coffee with saccharine, or even black.
How does tea go with that weed they use in various places. Sounds like Fleetwood Mac. Stevie Nicks? 'Stevie' something . .
Supposed to be nicer than saccharine. And was supposed to be healthier.

Return to “Open Chat”