Tea or Coffee?

Chat about just about anything else
MrGrimm

Re: Tea or Coffee?

Post by MrGrimm »

homemade cold brewed triple shot vanilla latte every morning. every week or so a home made iced chai tea. various other teas at random times.

MurphCID
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MurphCID »

One of the things I miss and envy about Europe, is they have great beer, not the swill sold here that is best poured back in the horse it came out of and then bottled.

BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Post by BG405 »

MurphCID wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:17 am
the swill sold here that is best poured back in the horse it came out of
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A mate of mine who has been to the States a number of times commented on the "near beer" on sale there. I did hear though that there are a fair few micro-breweries these days to challenge the corporate slop. :mrgreen:

Fortunately, in England we can get the Continental beers here as well as having some great breweries with good availability in the local watering holes.
Iced tea is something I've never tried. I saw it on prominent sale in a number of places in the likes of Spain, Madeira, Italy, Belgium, Czech Repiblic, Turkey etc. but didn't really notice it in Kenya. It seems that most Brits (myself included) and many in former colonies find the idea of drinking cold tea quite unappetizing; same for iced coffee, which seems to be a more recent "thing".
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 8GB - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------K7S5A AMD 1.2GHz - LM17.3 Xfce 32 & WinXP-Pro
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a write.

lsemmens
Level 10
Level 10

Post by lsemmens »

Speaking of Beer, when in China, I had plenty of opportunity to sample their local beer. At 3% it was like drinking soft drink, though marginally more refreshing. The only issue being that refrigeration is almost unheard of, so everything is at room temp, be it a 2C day or a 38C day! We soon found a shop that did have stuff in the fridge. It got a good trade from us. Even the vending machines sold "hot" drinks.

China is a land of anachronisms, everyone was glued to their mobile phones, but sanitation was very hit and miss.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

farkas
Level 4
Level 4

Post by farkas »

Coffee, strong and black. In the morning and early afternoon. No sweeteners. Iced tea on on a hot day, again no sweeteners. Hot tea, occasionally, when a cold or flu strikes, with a splash of dark rum. Evening libations are a glass or two of Rogue Valley pinot noir or one of the other great wines made here. I put decaf, lowcaf versions of coffee, tea and light beers in the "Why Bother!" classification, no reason to drink them. All the processing just ruins the taste.

BTW one of the best cheeses in the world is made here!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_Creamery
If your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the subject line.
If you found a solution on your own please post it.
A generation which ignores history has no past and no future.

lsemmens
Level 10
Level 10

Post by lsemmens »

Fully mint Household

all41
Level 16
Level 16

Post by all41 »

At this moment I am enjoying a nice chamomile tea, with a half teaspoon of raw honey
mixed with a jigger of special family recipe.
Sleep well
libera ab tyrannis

MurphCID
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MurphCID »

I just ordered some more Pu'Er tea from Rishi tea. I really like the flavor, and I get two brews from the leaves.

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Lipton green tea with citrus in bottles, and Nescafe Classic with hazelnut & creamer.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

murray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by murray »

BG405 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:00 pm
Iced tea is something I've never tried. I saw it on prominent sale in a number of places in the likes of Spain, Madeira, Italy, Belgium, Czech Repiblic, Turkey etc. but didn't really notice it in Kenya. It seems that most Brits (myself included) and many in former colonies find the idea of drinking cold tea quite unappetizing; same for iced coffee, which seems to be a more recent "thing".
I'm not a tea drinker at all, but I really like the Lipton peach flavoured ice tea. Doesn't taste anything like normal tea, instead it's very refreshing on a hot day.

Running Mint 19.3 Cinnamon on an Intel NUC8i5BEH with 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

I like the mango green tea too.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

ferdinand
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ferdinand »

i recommend morning with tea, but night with coffee, it is good choice.
you are puzzle of my heart

Schultz
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Schultz »

ferdinand wrote:
I used to be able to drink coffee at night without it messing with my sleep, but alas, now it does. Man, it sucks getting old.

MurphCID
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MurphCID »

Schultz wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:43 am
ferdinand wrote:
I used to be able to drink coffee at night without it messing with my sleep, but alas, now it does. Man, it sucks getting old.
Me too, I have to stop caffeine by three pm or I don’t sleep. Getting old sucks.

151tom
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 151tom »

I'm having shots of Wild Turkey 101 and chasing the shots of Wild Turkey 101 with green tea. :)

lsemmens
Level 10
Level 10

Post by lsemmens »

151tom wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:55 pm
I'm having shots of Wild Turkey 101 and chasing the shots of Wild Turkey 101 with green tea. :)
You do realise that you do better by chasing those shots of Turkey with shots of Wild Turkey 101! ;)
Fully mint Household

151tom
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 151tom »

lsemmens wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:28 pm
151tom wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:55 pm
You do realise that you do better by chasing those shots of Turkey with shots of Wild Turkey 101! ;)
I used to be able to do that when I was younger but I'm 67 years old and don't like falling on the floor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul_Pedant
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Paul_Pedant »

At 70, I find that I only fall on the floor once a day now. I just stay there. I figure you youngsters can just navigate around me.

lsemmens
Level 10
Level 10

Post by lsemmens »

Thanks fellers I'm really looking forward to that! (I'm a kid - 61)
Fully mint Household

MurphCID
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MurphCID »

I am going to get a De Longhi espresso machine for Christmas this year (yes I have put in my request to Lupe and the kids), and am looking for a good coffee to go with it. I loathe Starshmucks and their coffee it is burnt, bitter, and overly caffinated. I cannot stand the burnt taste. My local coffee place is closing, which sucks, but their espresso has NO burnt taste to it. So any suggestions on a good coffee for a home espresso machine.

Return to “Open chat”