Whiskey ...

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Whiskey....

Post by lsemmens »

Portreve wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:19 pm This thread reminds me of a scene from ST:TOS By Any Other Name.
Thanks, I'd forgotten that episode. will have to watch TOS all over again! :D
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
jstgth

Post by jstgth »

Portreve wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:19 pm This thread reminds me of a scene from ST:TOS By Any Other Name.
That made me want to spend the rest of my night watching Star Trek instead of getting this blasted wifi to work
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Whiskey ...

Post by lsemmens »

I wonder if the firies emptied their water tanks only to "refill" them..........:D :mrgreen:
Fully mint Household
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

jstgth wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:41 pm
That made me want to spend the rest of my night watching Star Trek instead of getting this blasted wifi to work
Maybe we should move to Canada
Fully mint Household
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-ca ... of-bourbon

but that 1% of their product - was worth over $300m or so
:eek:
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

Last edited by HaveaMint on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
fstjohn
Level 5
Level 5

Post by fstjohn »

Pierre wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:02 am
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-ca ... of-bourbon

but that 1% of their product - was worth over $300m or so
:eek:
You can be sure the loss was fully insured. The effect, at the most, will be a slight increase in the price of their whiskey.
vansloneker

Post by vansloneker »

But it is still a waste and a loss...
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Tried Tullamore Dew, and while it was alright, it just can't beat my favorite Jamison's Caskmates Stout Edition. Good Irish Whiskey.
Jandini

Post by Jandini »

In my opinion it is better to go in for sports than to drink whiskey)
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

Jandini wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:37 am In my opinion it is better to go in for sports than to drink whiskey)
I tried but the Patriots turned me down twice :? Appears Tom Brady doesn't like me
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I resurrected this thread, because I hate starting ones where we have already had great discussions. I have become very fond lately of Tomintoul 16 year old Scotch. Their 21 year old is also amazing but insanely expensive for me. If you like a Scotch that is not overly peated, this is some good stuff.
vansloneker

Post by vansloneker »

Currently I am at the bottom of a bottle Finlaggan Old Reserve. This is an inexpensive Islay single malt bottled from overstock of an undisclosed distillery. I think it's Lagavulin.
I actually have one Lagavulin in stock but the right moment to open this not inexpensive bottle has not yet come.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

vansloneker wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:05 pm Currently I am at the bottom of a bottle Finlaggan Old Reserve. This is an inexpensive Islay single malt bottled from overstock of an undisclosed distillery. I think it's Lagavulin.
I actually have one Lagavulin in stock but the right moment to open this not inexpensive bottle has not yet come.
The Islays are too peaty for my palate, but I have a co-worker who swears the more peat the better the Scotch....
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I really, really like Jamison Caskmates Stout cask edition Irish Whiskey. It has such a good flavor. It works well on snake bites, and subjective wounds as well. I had a wee dram tonight since I go back to work tomorrow.
fstjohn
Level 5
Level 5

Post by fstjohn »

Years ago when I was at BMEWS at Thule, Greenland for RCA,I had a workmate whose nightly drinking consisted of a half water tumbler of Lemon Hart 151, straight, which he chugged and then about 15 minutes later staggered to bed, out for the night. We checked from time to time to see if he was still breathing.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

fstjohn wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:31 pm Years ago when I was at BMEWS at Thule, Greenland for RCA,I had a workmate whose nightly drinking consisted of a half water tumbler of Lemon Hart 151, straight, which he chugged and then about 15 minutes later staggered to bed, out for the night. We checked from time to time to see if he was still breathing.
WOW! That is some heavy drinking and of potent stuff. We gave one of our prosecutors a bottle of 21 year old scotch yesterday to thank him for all the help and support he has given us.
Night Wing
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Night Wing »

Maker's Mark.

Good for when I want a small amount of straight sipping whiskey; no ice or water, and for my two favorite mixed drinks which are a bourbon & coke and a whiskey sour.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce
ivar
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ivar »

vansloneker wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:38 pmI like the extremes in taste: smokey, tar, iodine or sharp.
Sounds like Laphroaig? :mrgreen: Its pretty intense.
One favorite of mine is Lagavulin, will never forget the first tile I tasted it, almost oily in "mouth feel"

Return to “Open Chat”