Chat about just about anything else
Glockdoc
Level 3
Level 3

I need help with LARGEADDRESSAWARENESS....I think

Post by Glockdoc »

Howdy,

Hope I am posting in the correct spot.

I am hacking( well, hacking, bricking, hopefully unbricking my phone ) and have run into a problem with adb sideload not being able to read the android image I need to install because it is too big. From the searching I have done I think it is because the file is too big to sideload in adb. All of the solutions I have found have been for windows. I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to have to go to my shop where the only ms machine is and redownload all the adb stuff and android images.

It appears this has something to do with LARGEADDRESSAWARENESS, which I have not been able to find a solution for in any of the forums.

when I try to sideload the custom ROM I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Glockdoc@Glock19:~
$ sudo adb sideload OnePlus6tOxygen_34_OTA_20_all_1904032212b6154bb7f26.zip
loading: 'OnePlus6tOxygen_34_OTA_20_all_1904032212b6154bb7f26.zip'
* cannot read 'OnePlus6tOxygen_34_OTA_20_all_1904032212b6154bb7f26.zip' *
From my reading adb is trying to load the entire zip file to ram and it is exceeding a 2 g limit. All of the solutions I have found have been for windows.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, Glockdoc
deepakdeshp
Level 18
Level 18

Re: I need help with LARGEADDRESSAWARENESS....I think

Post by deepakdeshp »

Looks like an Android issue. Posting in the Android forums should get a response.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 20 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 / 8GB
Mint 20 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U
rene
Level 16
Level 16

Post by rene »

Referring to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1617905 it's possibly useful to recompile adb with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. Possibly, since that link is for 32-bit, but I checked in a apt-get source adb tree (debian/adb.mk; add it as -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 to CPPFLAGS) and it might be applicable also for an amd64 build. Seeing the build-deps required together with having no way to test the result anyway I did not however in fact try.

And as such also; if the above is not guidance/hint enough I'd really advise to just use either Windows or some potentially available Linux distribution where adb already is useful; installing Fedora into a VM would be my own first try if latter.
Glockdoc
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Glockdoc »

Thanks guys!!

It appears to have been an issue with an older install of adb(I think). As I was working through the issue the phone came back to life and I never had to test the new install I did.

Return to “Open chat”