Problem with tablet

Chat about just about anything else
AlfaGirl
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with tablet

Post by AlfaGirl » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:19 am

Ive not been on here in ages so ive got alot of catching up to do. :oops:
This is a shot in the dark to see if anyone can help me. Ive got a Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Model number SM-T210, Android version 4.4.2, which ive had for a few years. This year it has not been working right with my email im with BT email and I can send emails fine but I cant receieve them on my tablet but its all fine on our laptop. The last time I picked up any emails on my tablet was on the 13th April 2019 :( . Does anyone have any ideas please?

michael louwe
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Problem with tablet

Post by michael louwe » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:52 am

Most likely, the problem is caused by the BT email app no longer supporting Android 4.x. Today, Android 9.x is current. Android 4.4 is about 5 years old.

Can you access your BT email account from the web, ie via the browser like Chrome or Firefox for Android.? Eg Android users can access their GMail emails from the web(= at www.google.com , click the 9-dots/menu icon) or by opening/using the GMail app; access Google Maps from the web(= at www.google.com ) or by opening the Google Maps app; access Youtube videos from the web(= at www.youtube.com) or by opening the Youtube app; access Facebook from the web(= at www.facebook.com ) or by opening the Facebook app, etc.

You should try installing a Custom ROM, eg Lineage OS 15(= based on Android 8.0), on your tablet. .......
https://www.getdroidtips.com/lineage-os ... tab-3-7-0/ - How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (Android 8.1 Oreo)

AlfaGirl
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Problem with tablet

Post by AlfaGirl » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:28 am

Thank you. Will try that later :D It just seems so strange that I can send them but I can't recieve them.

Return to “Open chat”