Comments on Pascal thoughts

Chat about just about anything else
User avatar
pascal111
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Comments on Pascal thoughts

Post by pascal111 »

Moem wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:11 am
RollyShed wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:43 pm
pascal111 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:30 am
We can't realize the existence or the what of God because he's no extension or limit.
You, pascal111, said, "Religious posts aren't allowed." on the "Is the Tenth Planet Really a Bowling Ball-sized PBH?"
In fact, the forum rules say that. RollyShed, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you've read them and that it slipped your mind for a moment. :wink:

This would fall under that rule, so please quit talking about any and all deities. Philosophy of religion is not a good subject here because it's still a way to talk about religion. Thank you.

On a different note, I believe the contents of this thread is better suited for a different audience, and I repeat my suggestion that you get a blog somewhere on the web. You seem to be the only one here who is interested in the subject. Having a thread that is just by and for one member isn't very useful on a forum.
If you're atheist it doesn't mean to have an attack-like spirit against any religious topic, more than that, this is not religious topic and there was no religious argument, you need to be more objective not subjective against such topics and Pascal is great character, all world agree that,if you think that its level doesn't deserve to be studied, as you like, and I disagree with you when you said there was nobody is interesting in this topic, there is about 419 views of this topic, it means there are many readers.
Self-made poems and fables https://soundcloud.com/user-393369096

User avatar
pascal111
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Comments on Pascal thoughts

Post by pascal111 »

RollyShed wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:15 am
pascal111 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:27 am
"We can't realize the existence or the what of God because he's no extension or limit."
But this is philosophical more than religious, I think you don't know difference between religion and philosophy of religion.
That is religious (first sentence), not philosophy.

Philosophy means the study of wisdom.

The mention of god is religious.

The mention of computers is technical.

The mention of rain is weather.

Moem posted at the same time as I did and basically is saying the same as I am, your posts are about religion.
Mentioning "God" doesn't mean you're talking about its common field, God can be a belief, an idea, a concept, anything, "We can't realize the existence or the what of God because he's no extension or limit." has more atheism more than religion.
Self-made poems and fables https://soundcloud.com/user-393369096

User avatar
Moem
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 11041
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Comments on Pascal thoughts

Post by Moem »

pascal111 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:18 am
If you're atheist it doesn't mean to have an attack-like spirit against any religious topic, more than that, this is not religious topic and there was no religious argument, you need to be more objective not subjective against such topics and Pascal is great character, all world agree that,if you think that its level doesn't deserve to be studied, as you like, and I disagree with you when you said there was nobody is interesting in this topic, there is about 419 views of this topic, it means there are many readers.
My own religion or lack thereof is not under discussion, and not relevant here. What is relevant are the forum rules. Religious topics are out of bounds. Talking about deities is out of bounds. And argueing with a mod is out of bounds, too.

It's fine to study many philosophers inclusing Pascal. There is plenty of value in that. It's debatable whether this is the place to do it.

Many of those 419 views are from moderators like me, checking whether the conversation (well, more of a monologue really) in this topic is still within forum rules.
Mentioning "God" doesn't mean you're talking about its common field, God can be a belief, an idea, a concept, anything, "We can't realize the existence or the what of God because he's no extension or limit." has more atheism more than religion.
It's still out of bounds.
Image

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Locked

Return to “Open chat”