Only in Texas....

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Only in Texas....

Post by MurphCID »

AZgl1500 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:24 pm
MurphCID wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:36 am
I did not have a choice, I had to accept the HOA when we moved into the neighborhood. I did tell him that he could get his happy butt over here and mow it for me, I took your advice. He was offended, and stomped off in a huff.
poor guy, now he will have to suck on his thumb :lol:
Yeah, or suck on other parts. But I don’t really care as long as he shuts up and leave me alone.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Yesterday was hot, today is hot AND humid, miserably so. Tonight a front is supposed to arrive and drop temperatures down in to the low 40's. I broke a sweat just walking out the door it is so humid. Local news says 98% humidity. No rain though. Oh Lord NO! The Mountain Cedar has shown up, so my sinuses will be in open revolt for the next two months. Oh Joy I can look forward to sinus infections, headaches, toothaches, pain and suffering.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

"The Mountain Cedar has shown up..."
I had to ask the Internet for advice: do you mean the allergic reaction, the "cedar fever" ?

Then my heartfelt sympathy. My season starts in early spring with the birches, then the nose enjoys various flowers and mowed lawn, and later barley and rye give me the rest.
And not everywhere the same, in Portugal, for example, it is strawberries and roses that cause very amazing reactions.
Funny variety is offered by old house dust, so that the pleasure doesn't take a break even in winter.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

Yesterday,
the Wx folks promised me that I would have 73*F and sunny views.

the truth?
it is 69*F, drizzling almost all day long....
no jacket needed, but I could do without that dampness.

I needed to work outside..................
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

absque fenestris wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:08 pm "The Mountain Cedar has shown up..."
I had to ask the Internet for advice: do you mean the allergic reaction, the "cedar fever" ?

Then my heartfelt sympathy. My season starts in early spring with the birches, then the nose enjoys various flowers and mowed lawn, and later barley and rye give me the rest.
And not everywhere the same, in Portugal, for example, it is strawberries and roses that cause very amazing reactions.
Funny variety is offered by old house dust, so that the pleasure doesn't take a break even in winter.
Yes, "cedar Fever" it is horrible. The only things I am MORE allergic to than Mountain Cedar are Cats and mold.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Holy Crud, the wind is blowing 25-40 miles per hour, and the neighbors had something blow down that sounded bad. After it gets light I am going to go and check the yard to see if we have any damage.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

MurphCID wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:14 am Holy Crud, the wind is blowing 25-40 miles per hour, and the neighbors had something blow down that sounded bad. After it gets light I am going to go and check the yard to see if we have any damage.
Talking about "blowing down", the next door neighbor was demolishing a ratty looking wooden shed behind his home while I was outside "playing" with my Ethernet cable project when I suddenly heard a crash loud enough to wake the dead and scare them to death. I look over there and all that was left of the shed was a pile of rubble and a very stunned looking young man standing on the second from the top rung of a step ladder. Fortunately, he was OK.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20

Post by AZgl1800 »

The weather guys have been posting most of the night, about a flattened Amazon warehouse up in the Northeast somewhere.

a Tornado on the ground for 20+ minutes that resulted in lots of damage and fatalities...

OkieLand was left alone last night, thank god..... other than the temps dropped from 74*F down to 53*F by the time I went to bed, and as of now at 11:45 a.m. it is 42*F here...... don't know how low it went, but the blankets sure felt good last night.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

38F here right now! It really got chilly. Now it is only going to be that chilly for today, after that back up into the 50-80F temp range.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

AZgl1500 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:41 pm The weather guys have been posting most of the night, about a flattened Amazon warehouse up in the Northeast somewhere...
Here is a news account of the collapse. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/le ... e-rcna8464
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

my god.
prayers for this people!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Yeah, and now it is coming out that apparently certain businesses told employees to stay put or lose their jobs, if true (because we all know the media lies, and lies as often as they breathe), those owners need to have some accountability for this stupid order. The tornado went on for over 200 miles which is unheard of for most tornados.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20

Post by AZgl1800 »

I know nothing of what happened in that particular warehouse,

BUT, Amazon has a horrible reputation for being fair to employees.
they won't allow them to go the rest rooms when the need arises, they can only do so "on break times".

to Amazon management, it is "all about the dollar", not having an enjoyable work place.

They have opened up a new huge warehouse about 30 miles from our home, and my daughter would really benefit from having a "good job", but she said "no way in hell, will she work for Amazon, period".

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Lordy, Mountain Cedar is at 8000+ and my sinuses are in revolt. I hate this time of year for allergies.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

MurphCID wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:03 pm Lordy, Mountain Cedar is at 8000+ and my sinuses are in revolt. I hate this time of year for allergies.
I feel your pain. Fortunately, I have only one season: January 1 through December 31. :cry:
Jeannie

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Only in Texas are you wearing shorts and a Tshirt, running the a/c because it is 84f outside!!!! On Christmas Day.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

MurphCID wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:30 pm Only in Texas are you wearing shorts and a Tshirt, running the a/c because it is 84f outside!!!! On Christmas Day.
I just got off the phone with my sister up in northwest TX. She also mentioned how hot and dry it has been there. Here, it's been cool (59°right now; for us old desert rats, that feels cold enough to freeze the fur off a frog), wet (we got 1.26" rain yesterday; that's ark building time here), and humid.
Jeannie

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:48 pm
MurphCID wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:30 pm Only in Texas are you wearing shorts and a Tshirt, running the a/c because it is 84f outside!!!! On Christmas Day.
I just got off the phone with my sister up in northwest TX. She also mentioned how hot and dry it has been there. Here, it's been cool (59°right now; for us old desert rats, that feels cold enough to freeze the fur off a frog), wet (we got 1.26" rain yesterday; that's ark building time here), and humid.
It was hot, humid, and miserable today. I just cannot get in the Christmas spirit when it is so hot!
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

MurphCID wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:03 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:48 pm
It was hot, humid, and miserable today. I just cannot get in the Christmas spirit when it is so hot!
I wasn't able to get into the Christmas spirit either but it was because, for the second year in a row, it's too dangerous to travel to CA, where I normally go to be with friends extended family, thanks to the pandemic and the idiots who keep spreading it.
Jeannie

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

OMG, it is time to run, run I say, to the anti-histamines. Between the hot weather, and the Mountain Cedar it is horrible here. But I am on vacation till the new year, so unless work calls me in, I am off, away, hurray! Last night the Spouse-Unit told the familia that I get to retire....In June or July, we HAD formerly agreed to May. So I am going to tell my Sheriff I am gone in June.

Return to “Open Chat”