How to use website for generating revenue?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
satimis
Level 3
Level 3

How to use website for generating revenue?

Post by satimis »

Hi all,

I have about 30 websites running on Internet. All of them are for fund and/or for testing.

Several years ago I have been advised that I could generate revenue on them. But I just put their advice aside never taking a serious consideration.

About one week ago I was advised again as a comment on one of my website. Just have had a brief search on Internet in re "how to generate revenue on website" and found dozens of suggestion.

Could any folk on the forum shed me some light how to confine my search. Thanks in advance.

Regards
satimis
Last edited by SMG on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locking 2+ year old topic because it is attracting spammers.
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How to use website for generating revenue?

Post by Neil Edmond »

If your site(s) have enough traffic, and good enough SEO, to rank high on searches you could sell ad space on the site. There is also links that pay per click.
satimis
Level 3
Level 3

Post by satimis »

Neil Edmond wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:21 pm If your site(s) have enough traffic, and good enough SEO, to rank high on searches you could sell ad space on the site. There is also links that pay per click.
Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

In my previous searches most articles suggest "Pay Per Click Advertising"

What Is Google AdSense and How Does It Work?
https://ppcprotect.com/what-is-google-adsense/

I'm not familiar on SEO. Just found following thread;

What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization?
https://searchengineland.com/guide/what-is-seo

Regards
satimis
murray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by murray »

AdSense is Google's advertising platform that lets website owners earn by placing ads on their websites. You sign up and provide info about your website(s) and tell it what sort of ads you want to run (content, size, etc). They then give you some code to add to your website that handles the displaying of ads.

Once your earning hit a certain amount they pay you. I've added it to one of my websites and it brings in a little bit of money, but it certainly hasn't made me rich! :lol:
Running Mint 19.3 Cinnamon on an Intel NUC8i5BEH with 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD
satimis
Level 3
Level 3

Post by satimis »

murray wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:32 pm AdSense is Google's advertising platform that lets website owners earn by placing ads on their websites. You sign up and provide info about your website(s) and tell it what sort of ads you want to run (content, size, etc). They then give you some code to add to your website that handles the displaying of ads.

Once your earning hit a certain amount they pay you. I've added it to one of my websites and it brings in a little bit of money, but it certainly hasn't made me rich! :lol:
Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

My purpose is for learning this technique, using websites generate income" and anticipating to discover some other usages.

My websites are WordPress websites in multi-languages, such as English, Chinese, French etc., using plugin.

They include following contents;
Internet/Computer technologies.
Classical music including ballet strings, piano and opera.
Cooking including foods and beverage.
Travel.
Geriatric health.
Finance and stocks.

Could you please shed me some light how to register? Thanks in advance.

Regards
satimis
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

that was something, that I've tried to do, in the past, on some web sites,
but, the Real Issue, was always, the amount of traffic that was attracted to each web site.

there never was enough of that traffic, and finally, when I'd reached ~$100USD & could get an pay-out,
that Google changed their Terms of Service, which forced me to use $AUD instead ..
- - because of that change, I've not received those $USD earnt & couldn't transfer them either,
as well as having to start again in $AUD - - so I've given up, on that bad idea.

some time later, both Google accounts were shut down.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
ACE_
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ACE_ »

In addition to Google's AdSense program, which generates ads that reflect the content of the page on which they are displayed, you could also look at using Affiliate Programs such as those offered by Amazon, Commission Junction, Ebay, etc. Search for Affiliate providers which offer programs directly related to your websites (ie: Booking.com for your travel site). Some of the most successful sites, which use affiliates, are just review sites that provide a detailed review of a product or service and then provide a direct link to the item, held on one of their affiliate sites.

But no matter which route that you decide to use in an attempt at generating revenue through your websites, you will not see a significant return unless you increase the traffic flow to your sites. For that, I would suggest that you increase your presence across social media.
murray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by murray »

satimis wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:15 am Could you please shed me some light how to register? Thanks in advance.
To register go to https://www.google.com/adsense/start/ and click on the blue "Get started" button. It will start asking you questions and you just fill them in (pick just one of your websites to start with, you can add others after you've set up your first one.

If you don't already have a Google account set up then you might want to do that first.
satimis
Level 3
Level 3

Post by satimis »

Hi all,

Lot of thanks for your advice.

PPC (Paid Per Click) is common for high traffic websites.

My aid is to widen the envisage of the use of a website not solely limited to providing FREE information.

Regards
satimis
satimis
Level 3
Level 3

Post by satimis »

brownie17 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:20 am I know that to do this, the site needs to provide interesting content: about travel, animals, plants, or food. ......
Thanks for your advice.

The difficulty is how to know what people like. The most difficulty is at the beginning.

Regardss
murray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by murray »

satimis wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:06 am The difficulty is how to know what people like. The most difficulty is at the beginning.
Probably best to choose a subject that you have an interest in and know lots about.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Write some ransomware for Windows and distribute it via your websites.

Profit!
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

You could always set yourself up as an online bank, they know how to gouge money! ;)
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Vladimir00

Post by Vladimir00 »

Portreve wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:15 pm Write some ransomware for Windows and distribute it via your websites.

Profit!
If you want to spend years in prison. This is a great way making money on the Internet :lol:
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Vladimir00 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:52 pm
Portreve wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:15 pm Write some ransomware for Windows and distribute it via your websites.

Profit!
If you want to spend years in prison. This is a great way making money on the Internet :lol:
I never said it's something a rational person would do. :lol:
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
JTemple
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JTemple »

How about thinking of something you could sell. Our website's ONLY purpose is to generate $$$$! We do NO adds but do sell a lot of books. The great thing is you can get general reading books for pennies. I know, we are constantly trying to unload cartons of general used books. We only do rare, out of print and special copies or editions. Very few of the books we list are under 10 years old and those would be in some way, 1sts . We've been in the game for 40 years and online since 1995 or 96 so we come up pretty close to the top of searches. Add revenue is hard to make much money with unless you are a really popular site.
Here's a guy that just tells very short stories: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/the- ... d299436963
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. “- Bertrand Russell (I suspect I'm often of the stupid variety!)

Return to “Open Chat”