busdriver12
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Corona virus (COVID-19)

Post by busdriver12 »

Pierre wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:18 am
on another Note:
it now seems that Western Australia has recorded no new cases of COVID-19 overnight,
& the first day with no new confirmed cases of the virus in more than five weeks.
According to the latest information put out by the Health Dept today, there have been no new cases again :P Looks like we are heading in the right direction.
Phil

Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 4.4.8
Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Pierre »

Yeah - did hear about that,
& there is now some talk about re-opening the local intra-state 'borders' again.
but, not the State Border, though, not any time soon, anyway.

as an whole, it does seem that Australia, has done rather well,
& when compared to just how, some Northern Hemisphere countries, have faired.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
kukamuumuka
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kukamuumuka »

About Corona virus mutations:
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science ... nese-study
Coronavirus’s ability to mutate has been vastly underestimated, and mutations affect deadliness of strains, Chinese study finds
The most aggressive strains of Sars-CoV-2 could generate 270 times as much viral load as the least potent type
New York may have a deadlier strain imported from Europe, compared to less deadly viruses elsewhere in the United States
AZgl1500
Level 13
Level 13
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Post by AZgl1500 »

Here in Oklahoma, I read a post from a person on our local community group.
she said that she had been tracking all of the Confirmed & Fatalities "in Oklahoma" since Day 1 in a spreadsheet.

and, that she had noted in the last 3 days, that the graph was flattening out.
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Pepi
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Pepi »

Pepi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:29 am
Just had an old friend die yesterday from COVID-19 :cry: He was in Ft Wayne hospital for 15 days and they finally took him off the ventilator. He didn't last an hour after than :( This CRAP is real
His brother just died yesterday in the same hospital. This virus just wiped out all the men of a family :cry:
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

Pepi wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:50 am
Pepi wrote:
Just had an old friend die yesterday from COVID-19 :cry: He was in Ft Wayne hospital for 15 days and they finally took him off the ventilator. He didn't last an hour after than :( This CRAP is real
His brother just died yesterday in the same hospital. This virus just wiped out all the men of a family :cry:
I'm sorry for your loss Pepi... Makes me wonder if some people are genetically more susceptible / likely to develop the serious respiratory complication (ARDS) of this virus.
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM19 Cinnamon.

Image Image
Pepi
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Pepi »

Reorx wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:05 am
Pepi wrote:
Pepi wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss Pepi... Makes me wonder if some people are genetically more susceptible / likely to develop the serious respiratory complication (ARDS) of this virus.
Both of them smoked like a chimney and were over weight. One had Type 1 diabetes. Not a lot going for you being like this :cry:
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

Pepi wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:53 am
Reorx wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:05 am
Pepi wrote:

Both of them smoked like a chimney and were over weight. One had Type 1 diabetes. Not a lot going for you being like this :cry:
OK, so those details may have had something to do with it! As an aside, the average life expectancy, taking insulin, is 40 years of insulin use. I had a friend/coworker who took insulin since adolescence... she died at 51 y/o - almost exactly the prediction.

Stay safe!...
- R -
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM19 Cinnamon.

Image Image
lsemmens
Level 10
Level 10

Post by lsemmens »

I have been involved in a discussion on another forum and it appears, too, that ethnicity may have some bearing on the cases, too Inquiry announced into disproportionate impact of coronavirus on BAME communities.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
gittiest personITW
Level 8
Level 8

Post by gittiest personITW »

lsemmens wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:35 pm
I have been involved in a discussion on another forum and it appears, too, that ethnicity may have some bearing on the cases, too Inquiry announced into disproportionate impact of coronavirus on BAME communities.
I know of at least 2 cases not in the news that may go to help explain this.
They both involved religious gatherings in 'community' halls. Lots of older BAME people packed in to the hall with lines of cars outside dropping off more people.
There is also the anti-science/pro 'God will save us' which the above gathering fits into - and yes, 99% will be saved, or 80% will be saved if they are in that age bracket so how do you turn that sort of situation around?

The following applies to all ppl, not just BAME but there are some out and out nutters around - just look in the news for face-licking or mask-pullers, and the vast majority of events aren't in the news anyway.
kukamuumuka
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kukamuumuka »

gittiest personITW wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:48 am
They both involved religious gatherings in 'community' halls. Lots of older BAME people packed in to the hall with lines of cars outside dropping off more people.
Corona is basically airborne virus, so the best way is to keep big safety distance.
Last edited by kukamuumuka on Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pjotr
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Pjotr »

Now is a great time to stop smoking, lose weight, start eating healthy food with lots of green vegetables, and start doing physical exercises. Regardless of ethnicity. :mrgreen:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 20 Ulyana
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

I see so many people out running, cycling, riding skeelers these days... sports schools are closed but a lot of folks here are still getting exercise. Yesterday I dug up my old scooter (as shown in the attachment), finally replaced the front tire (I bought a replacement two years ago...), and then took it out for a spin. That was fun, and I did not need to get close to anyone.

gelestep.JPG

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Roadpower
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Roadpower »

Moem wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:06 am
I see so many people out running, cycling, riding skeelers these days... sports schools are closed but a lot of folks here are still getting exercise. Yesterday I dug up my old scooter (as shown in the attachment), finally replaced the front tire (I bought a replacement two years ago...), and then took it out for a spin. That was fun, and I did not need to get close to anyone.

gelestep.JPG
Interesting, I've not seen that kind of scooter before. Who is the manufacturer? :)
AZgl1500
Level 13
Level 13
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Post by AZgl1500 »

I've not seen that kind of scooter before either....

Probably gets good MPG on fuel :mrgreen:
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

It doesn't say. It was sold by a Dutch hardware store, twenty years ago or so.

It's foot powered, so it runs on muesli, vegetables, eggs and so on. Food powered :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Roadpower
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Roadpower »

The funny thing about that scooter is that you are probably going to be disliked by pedestrians when you are on side walks AND disliked by bicyclists when you are on bike paths. Too fast for one, too slow for the other. :mrgreen:

@Moem I'm intrigued by it's design. It's a good candidate for an electric motor. :D
Pjotr
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Pjotr »

Moem wrote:

gelestep.JPG
On the road to Purmerend: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFbBHU92XKE
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 20 Ulyana
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Pierre »

Australia's latest coronavirus figures

(as at 4:00pm, April 23)

NSW: 2,976 total cases - 2,006 recoveries - 31 deaths
VIC: 1,337 total cases - 1,251 recoveries - 16 deaths
QLD: 1,026 total cases - 738 recoveries - 6 deaths
WA: 546 total cases - 458 recoveries - 7 deaths
SA: 438 total cases - 394 recoveries - 4 deaths
TAS: 207 total cases - 89 recoveries - 8 deaths
ACT: 104 total cases - 93 recoveries - 3 deaths
NT: 27 total cases - 16 recoveries - 0 deaths

Australia's total: 6,661 total cases - 5,045 recoveries - 75 deaths
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Portreve
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Portreve »

Moem wrote:
Yesterday I dug up my old scooter (as shown in the attachment), finally replaced the front tire (I bought a replacement two years ago...), and then took it out for a spin.
Roadpower wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:21 am
Interesting, I've not seen that kind of scooter before. Who is the manufacturer? :)
AZgl1500 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:46 am
I've not seen that kind of scooter before either....

It took a bit of digging, but lookie what I found...

OP Scooters: Kickbike Sport G4

At least we know the kind of scooter it is.

This whole discussion has reminded me of the fact that I've got a bike which I haven't ridden in too long. Unfortunately, we're steadily marching into summer, with temperatures already as high as 35,5° (96°F) and we're still in April, so there's no way I'm going to ride it now.
Please remember to mark your fixed problem [SOLVED].

Running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.0.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
— Voltaire

Return to “Open chat”