What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Chat about just about anything else
Locked
User avatar
Pjotr
Level 21
Level 21
Posts: 14988
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:18 am
Location: The Netherlands (Holland)
Contact:

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by Pjotr »

Moem wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm
I'm going for a bike ride.
Have fun. :)

How do you deal with bicyclists passing each other at much too close a distance, on the narrow bicycle lanes? It has kept me from riding my bicycle until now.... Currently I'm sticking to walks in the woods, but pretty soon horse flies and ticks will make that less attractive.

I miss my bicycle and would appreciate some tips on safe distance keeping. :(
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 20 Ulyana
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

dorsetUK
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:40 am

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by dorsetUK »

Pjotr wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm
Moem wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm
I'm going for a bike ride.
I miss my bicycle and would appreciate some tips on safe distance keeping. :(
I saw Moem on one of those canal paths in Amsterdam and she seemed quite comfortable with her cattle prod and I was impressed that she, at least, warned others with her VERY LOUD warning device - although I did wonder if that could be connected with her role of keeping us in line. :)

I hope this can solve your distancing conundrum. :?

User avatar
Moem
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 11280
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by Moem »

Pjotr wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm
How do you deal with bicyclists passing each other at much too close a distance, on the narrow bicycle lanes?
1) The easy way out: Mr Moem and I ride on country lanes and dike roads, that aren't all that narrow. Plus, it's not that crowded here... on our ride just now, no one passed us on a bike, and all of four people rode in the opposite direction. We all gave each other a wide berth.
2) When you know someone is coming up from your back or front, you can generally hold your breath for a few seconds until they're gone.
3) Ride when everyone else is sitting behind the proverbial plate of potatoes. Most people eat at certain times which makes for quieter roads.
4) And finally, keep in mind that it takes more than a few virus particles to get you sick, and with very brief exposure the chance that they're going to be breathed in in large enough numbers to conquer your immune system is vanishingly small.
Image

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

User avatar
Pjotr
Level 21
Level 21
Posts: 14988
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:18 am
Location: The Netherlands (Holland)
Contact:

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by Pjotr »

Moem wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:14 pm
Pjotr wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm
How do you deal with bicyclists passing each other at much too close a distance, on the narrow bicycle lanes?
1) The easy way out: Mr Moem and I ride on country lanes and dike roads, that aren't all that narrow. Plus, it's not that crowded here... on our ride just now, no one passed us on a bike, and all of four people rode in the opposite direction. We all gave each other a wide berth.
2) When you know someone is coming up from your back or front, you can generally hold your breath for a few seconds until they're gone.
3) Ride when everyone else is sitting behind the proverbial plate of potatoes. Most people eat at certain times which makes for quieter roads.
4) And finally, keep in mind that it takes more than a few virus particles to get you sick, and with very brief exposure the chance that they're going to be breathed in in large enough numbers to conquer your immune system is vanishingly small.
Thanks. Some useful tips, but it remains tricky....
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 20 Ulyana
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

DAMIEN1307
Level 9
Level 9
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Do what I do, I just strap motors on my bikes...no worries about "pedal pushers" catching up to me and passing me...lol...DAMIEN
ORDO AB CHAO

User avatar
AZgl1500
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 4701
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:20 am
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
Contact:

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by AZgl1500 »

I'm not much worried on my bike either.


Image
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

User avatar
Pjotr
Level 21
Level 21
Posts: 14988
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:18 am
Location: The Netherlands (Holland)
Contact:

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by Pjotr »

Motorized schmotorized! This is how physical exercise makes my immune system look:
https://i1.wp.com/elliotthall.me/wp-con ... strong.jpg
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 20 Ulyana
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

User avatar
lsemmens
Level 10
Level 10
Posts: 3414
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Rural South Australia

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by lsemmens »

AZgl1500 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:26 am
I'm not much worried on my bike either.
That wouldn't be a Leadwing..........errrr. Goldwing, would it? I've known many owners over the years who love their bikes. I'm not sure that I could come at a Goldwing for a tourer, too much like a car. Ideally I'd like a "sporty" for 'round town and decent cruiser for the open road, I'll probably end up on something like the Suzi Boulevard. I'll post piccies when I spend my money.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

User avatar
MurphCID
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1187
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by MurphCID »

I go to work, and pretty much ignore it. I am not sure that we (my family) might not have already had it back in January/February when we were all sick with what we thought was the flu, but my daughter got tested and came up negative for the flu. We were all pretty sick, but got over it in a week.

User avatar
AZgl1500
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 4701
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:20 am
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
Contact:

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by AZgl1500 »

lsemmens wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:43 am
AZgl1500 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:26 am
I'm not much worried on my bike either.
That wouldn't be a Leadwing..........errrr. Goldwing, would it? I've known many owners over the years who love their bikes. I'm not sure that I could come at a Goldwing for a tourer, too much like a car. Ideally I'd like a "sporty" for 'round town and decent cruiser for the open road, I'll probably end up on something like the Suzi Boulevard. I'll post piccies when I spend my money.
the big Goldwing is the only way I can ride for more than 20 minutes, it has spring loaded foot pegs that allow me to straighten out my back, and there is a Backrest that I can lean into while standing on the lower spring loaded pegs....

if I am just messing around my little community here at home, I take the little 250cc PiaggioMP3 scooter for a spin.


Image
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

User avatar
kukamuumuka
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6676
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:51 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by kukamuumuka »

MurphCID wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 am
I go to work, and pretty much ignore it. I am not sure that we (my family) might not have already had it back in January/February when we were all sick with what we thought was the flu, but my daughter got tested and came up negative for the flu. We were all pretty sick, but got over it in a week.
I suppose that you had a normal flu.

User avatar
MurphCID
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1187
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by MurphCID »

kukamuumuka wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:05 pm
MurphCID wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 am
I go to work, and pretty much ignore it. I am not sure that we (my family) might not have already had it back in January/February when we were all sick with what we thought was the flu, but my daughter got tested and came up negative for the flu. We were all pretty sick, but got over it in a week.
I suppose that you had a normal flu.
No idea, but the tests were negative for the flu, odd that.

User avatar
kukamuumuka
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6676
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:51 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by kukamuumuka »

MurphCID wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:23 pm
No idea, but the tests were negative for the flu, odd that.
Tests are unreliable. What kind of symptoms you had?

User avatar
MurphCID
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1187
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by MurphCID »

kukamuumuka wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 pm
MurphCID wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:23 pm
No idea, but the tests were negative for the flu, odd that.
Tests are unreliable. What kind of symptoms you had?
sore throat, body aches, high fever, nausea, cough.

User avatar
lsemmens
Level 10
Level 10
Posts: 3414
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Rural South Australia

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by lsemmens »

MurphCID wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:36 pm
kukamuumuka wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 pm
MurphCID wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:23 pm
No idea, but the tests were negative for the flu, odd that.
Tests are unreliable. What kind of symptoms you had?
sore throat, body aches, high fever, nausea, cough.
You might infect us all! ;) Get back! Get Back! :lol:
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

User avatar
MurphCID
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1187
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by MurphCID »

lsemmens wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:13 pm
MurphCID wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:36 pm
kukamuumuka wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Tests are unreliable. What kind of symptoms you had?
sore throat, body aches, high fever, nausea, cough.
You might infect us all! ;) Get back! Get Back! :lol:
I am. I am being forced to mow my yard, build a flower bed, oh the horror....

User avatar
kukamuumuka
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6676
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:51 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by kukamuumuka »

MurphCID wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:36 pm
sore throat, body aches, high fever, nausea, cough.
You had Covid-19 symptoms. Antibody test should see if you had Covid-19.

rjsrjs
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm
Location: Florida

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by rjsrjs »

The reality is, that I will not be going to any restaurants, Disney, Amusement Parks, Parks, or any people gatherings ETC. Only to buy food when needed at night, if grocery stores are open, till a proven and safe vaccine for covid-19 is out there to be distributed. Now thats the real reality.

User avatar
Pierre
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 10462
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Perth, AU.

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by Pierre »

as of Today .. there is No Need to Avoid
:D

as an lot of Commercial Business's are now allowed to re-open.
- - some have chosen Not To, due to some restrictions, still being in-place.

aaannd .. the Local Police Roadblock .. is being removed.
very :D indeed.
Image
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

User avatar
trytip
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 4749
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Re: What is your strategy for avoiding COVID-19 ?

Post by trytip »

i edit:
Last edited by trytip on Thu May 28, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Locked

Return to “Open chat”