which browser you prefer

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
carum carvi

Re: which browser you prefer

Post by carum carvi »

:D

I see quite a lot of the same words Vladimir, but placed at different places in the sentences, which is often THE fault with these kind of translator software. The words are right, but the sentences arent naturally flowing, which can result in some twisted sentence structure... :D
Vladimir00

Post by Vladimir00 »

carum carvi wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:33 am :D

I see quite a lot of the same words Vladimir, but placed at different places in the sentences, which is often THE fault with these kind of translator software. The words are right, but the sentences arent naturally flowing, which can result in some twisted sentence structure... :D
Maybe my developmental disorder is affected my language :D But I think the main fault lies with online translators.
Last edited by Vladimir00 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

antikythera wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:23 pm...I am aware of people's issues with Google with regards data usage and search monitoring but ALL browser developers do that. It is how they can afford to give you a browser 'free'. Better the devil you know?...
By that illogical logic, Linux (with the possible exception of Ubuntu) is no more (or is less) private than Windows because Linux is free. There are free browsers that are far more private than Google Chrome, such as Chromium or Brave (I prefer the latter).
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Vladimir00

Post by Vladimir00 »

Vladimir00 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:21 am
carum carvi wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:20 am
Vladimir00 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 am I do not understand English .Built-in translator in the browser chromium allows me to read this forum with ease :D
How well is my Russian Vladimir?
Я должен сказать, что я всегда нахожу Chromium менее адаптивным, с меньшими настройками, которые можно изменить, как это делает Firefox, но эта программа перевода Chromium - несомненный плюс для Chromium. Я нашел сопоставимую альтернативу перевода Firefox, хотя
The meaning is clear.But it's better this way: "Я должен сказать, что нахожу Chromium менее адаптивным по сравнению с браузером Firefox ,с меньшим количеством настроек которые можно изменить.Но встроенная программа для перевода несомненный плюс браузера Chromium.Хотя я нашёл сопоставимую альтернативу для Firefox"
Perfect option : "Я хочу сказать,что нахожу Chromium менее адаптивным по сравнению с Фирефохом . Firefox даёт больше возможностей изменять настройки.Но встроенная программа для перевода несомненный плюс Хромиума . Хотя я нашёл сопоставимую альтернативу для Фирефоха."
( Not sure how is it correct in Russian letters need to write word " Firefox". "Фирефох" or "Фаерфокс" :D )
iwantmylinux

Post by iwantmylinux »

I was searching for tips of using qutebrowser when I found this thread.

Loving qutebrowser right now, despite all the coolness that comes with it, it actually works well!!
I can browse any site easily with a touch of my keyboard

All I know how to do right now is "f" tells me what keys to press for each of the element on the web.
o to open a site, hjkl for navigation, gg to go to the top, G to go to the bottom

Still using mouse for tab management, but I'm already finding myself trying to use the same shortcuts on a mainstream browser when I go back to Windows

The best part is, I haven't ran into any issues with this yet. Every site I've gone through worked flawlessly so far.
Vladimir00

Post by Vladimir00 »

iwantmylinux wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:44 pm
Loving qutebrowser right now, despite all the coolness that comes with it, it actually works well!!
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the existence of the browser qutebrowser :D I have never tried this browser yet. Perhaps I will try in the near future.
FullyCloser

Post by FullyCloser »

I also prefer Firefox. ;-)
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I pretty much stick to Firefox. Firefox at least respects my privacy, just watch network history. I am not crazy about their rapid release cycle and high memory use though...
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

exploder wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:29 am I pretty much stick to Firefox. Firefox at least respects my privacy,
Yeah, compared to Google. I'd keep an eye on that though. It's not getting better.

Return to “Open Chat”