[SOLVED] Dropping my Apple iPhone

Chat about just about anything else
Bobb24
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Dropping my Apple iPhone

Post by Bobb24 »

He may be out there but he provides links and references and most often they check out. This wiki is a non profit and it's main purpose seems to be to smear anyone that contradicts the official narrative of anything .
Here is what AVG says about smartphone tracking in general
https://www.avg.com/en/signal/is-your-s ... acking-you

Are you familiar with this organization ? https://id2020.org/
Notice their sponsors ? Who is GAVI ? Here is their homepage https://www.gavi.org/
Coincidence it's 2020 currently, things are going according to plan.

rene
Level 16
Level 16

Post by rene »

tweetybird wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:53 pm
That's my point. The register of phones! You do not see the danger with this.
No, you do not see the dangers or non-dangers, due to not knowing enough about in this case technology. You are talking about a protocol (an API) developed jointly by Google and Apple and I linked to the official if preliminary documentation of said protocol on the Apple site. The FAQ is easy to read: specifically note how there is no "register of phones" but "random Bluetooth identifiers that rotate every 10-20 minutes". For more detail the end of that document links to the publicly available and more in-depth documents as well.

.... but my basic description which you just quoted in its entirety will do -- which you will need to verify from those provided sources if you feel it not. Your reply sounds like you will not, that you are already too deeply emotionally invested in your own view. I will in that case not be able to do anything about that and as such expect that this will be my last reply in this thread.

I'm (relatively) sure some others will have appreciated the description and links to where to verify such though.

Ragz
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Ragz »

rene wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:50 pm
tweetybird wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:53 pm
That's my point. The register of phones! You do not see the danger with this.
No, you do not see the dangers or non-dangers, due to not knowing enough about in this case technology. You are talking about a protocol (an API) developed jointly by Google and Apple and I linked to the official if preliminary documentation of said protocol on the Apple site. The FAQ is easy to read: specifically note how there is no "register of phones" but "random Bluetooth identifiers that rotate every 10-20 minutes". For more detail the end of that document links to the publicly available and more in-depth documents as well.

.... but my basic description which you just quoted in its entirety will do -- which you will need to verify from those provided sources if you feel it not. Your reply sounds like you will not, that you are already too deeply emotionally invested in your own view. I will in that case not be able to do anything about that and as such expect that this will be my last reply in this thread.

I'm (relatively) sure some others will have appreciated the description and links to where to verify such though.
Ok.
Last edited by Ragz on Wed May 27, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia 64 bit

rene
Level 16
Level 16

Post by rene »

The point of technology such as described is exactly that you don't need to trust Apple or Google. May trust science instead.

Buy, yes then, I'll be out of here.

cliffcoggin
Level 5
Level 5

Post by cliffcoggin »

tweetybird wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:15 pm

I don't trust Apple or Google. Nothing is FREE. Their default settings speaks!
True, but so what? They have never been trustworthy, and the tracing apps haven't changed that.
Cliff Coggin

Ragz
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Ragz »

cliffcoggin wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:20 pm
tweetybird wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:15 pm

I don't trust Apple or Google. Nothing is FREE. Their default settings speaks!
True, but so what? They have never been trustworthy, and the tracing apps haven't changed that.
Ok. Google made 140 Billion dollars on "advertising" last year.
Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia 64 bit

Bobb24
Level 2
Level 2

Re: SOLVED-Dropping my Apple iPhone

Post by Bobb24 »

yet another push to make smartphones tracking devices, funded by googoo and the usual suspects

https://www.crypto-news-flash.com/rippl ... worldwide/

Return to “Open chat”