Daddy tech support

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
DAMIEN1307

Re: Daddy tech support

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Thanks to all. Looks like gall bladder with surgery tomorrow
My prayers are there...DAMIEN
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

MurphCID wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:23 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:01 am
MurphCID wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:41 am Doing tech support of a kind I don't like. Back to the hospital with the Spouse Unit for the second day in a row. Not sure what is going on, but I don't like seeing her in pain. Yesterday they told us it is not cardiac, but... We shall see.
I'm so sorry! Here's hoping for a swift recovery! Please keep us posted.
Thanks for the update! While still serious, as is any surgery, gall bladder surgery has an excellent recovery rate, especially nowadays. My ex had to have emergency surgery to removed a stuck gall stone and remove her gall bladder and, despite being before arthroscopic surgery had been developed for it, resulting in a massive incision, she bounced right back.

Tell her that a bunch of us here are rooting for her swift recovery!
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

MurphCID wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:23 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:01 am
MurphCID wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:41 am Doing tech support of a kind I don't like. Back to the hospital with the Spouse Unit for the second day in a row. Not sure what is going on, but I don't like seeing her in pain. Yesterday they told us it is not cardiac, but... We shall see.
I'm so sorry! Here's hoping for a swift recovery! Please keep us posted.
ah, a minor surgery these days.
glad she will be well again soon.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Thanks all. Just got home will be back at 0630 tomorrow. It took almost four hours to go from the waiting room to an ER room.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

It took almost four hours to go from the waiting room to an ER room.
I'll be in El Paso tomorrow myself taking a buddy to the VA hospital...Hope its less than 4 hours in the waiting room over there...DAMIEN
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

MurphCID wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:43 pm Thanks all. Just got home will be back at 0630 tomorrow. It took almost four hours to go from the waiting room to an ER room.
Unfortunately,
that is all too common, especially when the patient is not dying....
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

AZgl1500 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:13 pm
MurphCID wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:43 pm Thanks all. Just got home will be back at 0630 tomorrow. It took almost four hours to go from the waiting room to an ER room.
Unfortunately,
that is all too common, especially when the patient is not dying....
And especially when hospitals are filling up with Covid patients. I'm glad your "spousal unit" was able to get a room.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Well she is in surgery now. We had a delay since there was no anesthesiologist available yesterday. So she went in on the first of two surgeries.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

I wish her a speedy recovery.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Tech support week: Spouse-Unit home, sore, but home. Yay! Yesterday, drive all the way to Nacogdoches, Texas (5 1/2 hours) to take youngest to University. Unload too darn much stuff. And I mean Too Darn Much Stuff! Take it to the 4th floor. Start unpacking her stuff, discover too many shoes, I mean like Holy Nike Batman, who needs so darn many shoes?! Discover I left the ethernet cable at home. Go to Wal-Mart, get ethernet cable. Hook up laptop to ethernet with dongle. No internet. ()!@$%*!$%!!$! Discover that the log in only lets you log in a certain way. Get logged in, Set up laptop. Daughter decides she wants the furniture moved. Unhook lapto and move furniture. Re-set up laptop/ethernet. Get small HP (13.3) set up on school wifi, no problems. "Daddy I need the iPad connected as well". Set up iPad, finally get it set up. Take containers back to the Fore-runner. Tell her I have to leave since I have to go to work tomorrow. Drive back home, arrive at 2300 hours. Go to bed, get awakened at midnight because the dog wants to go out (she did not even move at 2300). Get back to bed. 0400 get woken up to help Spouse Unit to restroom, decide *!$*!%!!! it, I am awake. Got to go to work since the other two sergeants are out sick (one with a hernia, the other with COVID), and LT is leaving at noon for Dallas. I'm tired.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Life has a way of happening all at once. I'm glad your wife is home and, I assume, recovering well and you have your daughter settled in at school. Hang in there and try not to push yourself too hard (note that I said try).
Jeannie

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

She called yesterday, she could not get her phone to connect to the school wifi, I was at work, and could not spend the time diagnosing the problem. I knew there was something I had forgotten...
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

MurphCID wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:49 am She called yesterday, she could not get her phone to connect to the school wifi, I was at work, and could not spend the time diagnosing the problem. I knew there was something I had forgotten...
Shouldn't she diagnose the problem and act on it. She isn't in kindergarten anymore now.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

deepakdeshp wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:50 am
MurphCID wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:49 am She called yesterday, she could not get her phone to connect to the school wifi, I was at work, and could not spend the time diagnosing the problem. I knew there was something I had forgotten...
Shouldn't she diagnose the problem and act on it. She isn't in kindergarten anymore now.
She has been spoiled by having me do it, and so I finally told her to go to the library to the MIS folks and get them to help her. Daddy Tech support has dramatically scaled back.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Scaling back daddy tech support makes your little one more independent and knowledge able. Yeah the daughter is always the little one for her father.
So that's the way to go.
Regards,
Deepak

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

deepakdeshp wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:17 pm Scaling back daddy tech support makes your little one more independent and knowledge able. Yeah the daughter is always the little one for her father.
So that's the way to go.
She called me and told me that she had figured it out, and thanks it works now. Makes me proud, she figured it out. *sheds tear*.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

The little girl has grown up. As a grown up only girls father I can feel the pain and happiness.
Regards,
Deepak

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

The Spouse Unit is recovering nicely, some small set backs, but for the most part things are going well. She was able to get up and go to a doctors appointment yesterday with my oldest daughter. She is still sore, but much, much less than initially. Thanks to all here.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Daughter called from college and needed an urgent shipment of (MORE) clothes because she now NEEDS business casual for her sorority. Sigh
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Daughter called from college and needed an urgent shipment of (MORE) clothes because she now NEEDS business casual for her sorority. Sigh
Welcome to "Greek" life...lol...DAMIEN

Return to “Open Chat”