Daddy tech support

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Daddy tech support

Post by MurphCID »

rossdv8 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:41 am
On the old TV, I could not get the screen display to work 100% it was cutting off all the edges.
Probably irreverent now because it's the 'old TV', but for future reference (assuming the TV was not faulty) the setting that uoften fixes this problem is generally found in the 'System' Menu on most TVs.
It can have various names, and on the TV I'm using at the moment as my monitor it is under the 'Aspect Ratio' setting and is called 'Just Scan.

Several times over the years I've fought with the settings in computer BIOS juggling various 'Overscanny' things that are supposed to get rid of the Black border around the image, or shrink a picture that is overflowing past the edges of the screen, then remembered to check the Aspect Ration settings of the TV and see if there's a 'scan' setting in there. A recent classic was one of my Raspberry Pis, which has instructions to set Overscan or Underscan or something in the config file, but I remembered to check the Menu on this TV and lo and behold - there it was!

Also, some of my TVs, from a few years ago (including CRT) had a button that if pressed, popped whatever signal was detected into the screen space automagically. Although if yours had that I think you'd have seen it.
Thank you, I will look for that.
RollyShed
Level 8
Level 8

Post by RollyShed »

Screen display and greater than 100%. Our TV display is a little bigger than the screen. One of our channels each evening gives the weather and then expected temperatures for the coming 3 days. The announcer is standing there with a big number display for 4 different places, (3 temperatures across, 4 towns down) so someone slowly zooms in on the numbers until the right hand numbers disappear. She still has plenty of room between her back and the edge of the screen on the left. Just bad work by the technical staff.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I have this: https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Edge-Chro ... r=8-4&th=1 It is a pretty decent bag for the most part. The downside is the inner side of the flap is mesh which does not last. The Spouse Unit sewed some denim over the mesh, it does not look "pretty" but it works and holds my dongles, external drive, rodent, and similar stuff. The inner laptop pocket has a velcro tab that holds the laptop. It has several inner sections that work well. Being a messenger bag, it is pretty comfortable, I find it more so than a backpack. This is a well made bag. I looked at this one: https://system76.com/merch/bag-15msngr3/configure But almost $200 for a bag is ridiculous, and I do not like the gray color, I liked the brownish olive color. A review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHqXxiDxx2A It only has one pocket inside, which does not work for my use case scenarios, plus is is almost $200! I paid $35 for the Mobile Edge one at Best Buy. Like many I am looking for the perfect carry bag for my laptops when I am on the go.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

This topic is no longer about what it was started for. It has gone all over the map. We're drawing it to a close. Locked.

Return to “Open Chat”