Judge Judy

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
carum carvi

Judge Judy

Post by carum carvi »

I am binge watching Judge Judy. I just cant get enough of this fiery judge who has a wicked tongue and a truth radar. She can sense if someone is lying to her. Just for clarity, Judge Judy is a televised court, handling small court cases like dog bites and unpaid loans etc. Nothing really serious...

Sometimes it is obvious that a defendant or someone who is prosecuting is full of baloney. "BALONEY" or "RIDICULOUS" or "IDIOT", are words often SHOUTED at witnesses by Judge Judy. She is used to cussing and shouting at the people in her courtroom. Boy Oh boy can she raise her voice !!! She is truly a fiery judge, but someone with a definite sense of who is LYING to her... How does she know though who is lying? She says she can tell because of 40 years of experience with people lying to her in court... :)

I dont like Judge Judy as a judge. I think SHE is RIDICULOUS. I hope I never have to encounter such a judge in my real life in my country. But it is undeniably worthy of (binge) watching her on television.

The thing that fascinates me the most about Judge Judy is that she is adamant in her belief that she KNOWS who is LYING in her courtroom. Even very young children lie. Lying is human. Very human. One youtube example is so endearing: it's a toddler being filmed, who claims she did not eat the chocolate... Can you guess the truth if a crime of eating chocolate has been committed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mUCAPhIhFU

Any more fans of Judge Judy out there...?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Judge Judy

Post by antikythera »

I watch it occasionally for a laugh. She's actually stopped recording the show now, I guess she got tired of making it and they definitely ran out of new types of cases for her decades ago.

There's a UK version called Judge Rinder, he's quite amusing too in his own way and doesn't take BS either. I don't see it lasting as long as Judge Judy though. There's practically an episode of Judge Judy on all day over various channels in the UK. There are a few because ITV have rights to show different series of her but also CBS own a broadcaster here now too so have added more channels to air in the UK from their own portfolio.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Vladimir00

Post by Vladimir00 »

carum carvi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 am Even very young children lie. Lying is human. Very human.
I read somewhere that the "average" person lies average several times a day. :D I don't know how true this is. I myself don't have to lie
very often (as my social life is very poor ).
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

carum carvi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 am Even very young children lie. Lying is human.
Hi. My name is Ralph, I have several dogs, I hate non-proprietary software, I go extreme dirt biking every day, wished I lived in Washington, D.C., am the best at everything I've ever done, once learned to play the piano, along with all of Brahms' classical piano pieces in one day so I could win a scholarship at Juliard, and I have never lied to anyone about anything in my whole life.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Vladimir00

Post by Vladimir00 »

Portreve wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:01 am
carum carvi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 am Even very young children lie. Lying is human.
Hi. My name is Ralph, I have several dogs, I hate non-proprietary software, I go extreme dirt biking every day, wished I lived in Washington, D.C., am the best at everything I've ever done, once learned to play the piano, along with all of Brahms' classical piano pieces in one day so I could win a scholarship at Juliard, and I have never lied to anyone about anything in my whole life.
I am sure you lie.I am very good at recognizing lies. One time i was president of Russia. As the head of the country, I learned to understand very well when people lie. :lol:
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Vladimir00 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:27 am I am sure you lie.I am very good at recognizing lies. One time i was president of Russia. As the head of the country, I learned to understand very well when people lie. :lol:
Да, товарищ президент, я вам верю. :lol:
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Pippin
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Pippin »

It takes one to know one... :)
Last edited by Pippin on Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick-Cork »

carum carvi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 am Lying is human. Very human.
Yep, so much so we even lie when we're dead...
horizontally! :)
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

To put it politely, I was not a fan of that smart-mouthed person and her absurd show. She was nothing but a court based Jerry Springer (ironically, Springer is doing a court show as a judge now :roll: ) and a forerunner of today's so-called ridiculous reality shows.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

If more judges were like Judge Judy, this country (USA) would be a much better place. She may be smart-mouthed, but she's right 99% of the time (IMHO, at least).
GS3
Level 8
Level 8

Post by GS3 »

carum carvi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 amI dont like Judge Judy as a judge. I think SHE is RIDICULOUS.
Exactly. "Reality" TV is garbage.

I used to like the original judge Wapner's People's Court as it was much more subdued and realistic... and therefore boring for today's audiences.
carum carvi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 am Lying is human.
Different humans lie in different ways. As someone once put it:
Men fall in love with what they see and women fall in love with what they hear and that is why men lie and why women wear make up.
Different ways of lying. :)
Please do not use animated GIFs in avatars because many of us find them distracting and obnoxious. Thank you.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Judge Judy also has a saying she uses when she knows someone is lying.

"Do you know how i can tell you are lying to me ???, YOUR LIPS ARE MOVING" (Judge Judy shouts)...lol...DAMIEN
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Hi @ antikythera,
She's actually stopped recording the show now, I guess she got tired of making it and they definitely ran out of new types of cases for her decades ago.
A press notice that came out just today says;
“Judge Judy,” which starts its 25th and final season Monday. The show, which airs locally weekdays on WCBS, averages 9 million viewers a day who tune in for Judith Sheindlin’s acerbic wit and biting comments to a parade of plaintiffs".
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

She was interviewed earlier this year and said then she was recording the last series, I don't have a crystal ball (honest). I guess it took a while for them to screen them. New series tend to start in the Autumn here too.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Bailiff Petri Hawkins Byrd’s letter to Judge Judy changed his life
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/t ... 0053af31cc
She’s one of the toughest women on TV - but Judge Judy’s co-star has shared an incredible behind-the-scenes story about her ..
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Forgot about this one, Judge Romesh :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAENY1lYCbk

It may be region restricted, not sure.
chiefjim
Level 6
Level 6

Post by chiefjim »

Should not be overlooked is the simple fact this is a TV show. Watch enough of it and you will see instances where the defendant never had a chance to speak. Routine disclaimer says the show has been edited. One instance stands out where a party had a printout of the specific state law to support their side of the argument. Judge Judy could have confirmed the validity but instead said "I don't care" . Yet she routinely says to the litigants "that's the law". Can't have it both ways.

It is just a TV show.
Mint-21.0 Mate 64 bit / LMDE-5 64 bit
Gigabyte H370M D3H
Intel G3258
Crucial Ballistic Sport 32GB DDR4 2400
8TB HDD Seagate Baracuda 5400rpm
ddog241

Post by ddog241 »

Vladimir00 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:44 am
carum carvi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 am Even very young children lie. Lying is human. Very human.
I read somewhere that the "average" person lies average several times a day. :D I don't know how true this is. I myself don't have to lie
very often (as my social life is very poor ).
as long as they follow Elim Garaks tip "never tell the same lie twice" they will be good.
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Post by motoryzen »

carum carvi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 am I am binge watching Judge Judy. I just cant get enough of this fiery judge who has a wicked tongue and a truth radar. She can sense if someone is lying to her. Just for clarity, Judge Judy is a televised court, handling small court cases like dog bites and unpaid loans etc. Nothing really serious...

Sometimes it is obvious that a defendant or someone who is prosecuting is full of baloney. "BALONEY" or "RIDICULOUS" or "IDIOT", are words often SHOUTED at witnesses by Judge Judy. She is used to cussing and shouting at the people in her courtroom. Boy Oh boy can she raise her voice !!! She is truly a fiery judge, but someone with a definite sense of who is LYING to her... How does she know though who is lying? She says she can tell because of 40 years of experience with people lying to her in court... :)

I dont like Judge Judy as a judge. I think SHE is RIDICULOUS. I hope I never have to encounter such a judge in my real life in my country. But it is undeniably worthy of (binge) watching her on television.

The thing that fascinates me the most about Judge Judy is that she is adamant in her belief that she KNOWS who is LYING in her courtroom. Even very young children lie. Lying is human. Very human. One youtube example is so endearing: it's a toddler being filmed, who claims she did not eat the chocolate... Can you guess the truth if a crime of eating chocolate has been committed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mUCAPhIhFU

Any more fans of Judge Judy out there...?
-- " so....take me to Judge Judy FOOOO " xD "Next Friday" * trips over himself because he had the hat pulled down too low to see straight trying to look cool *
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor
Linux 2020

Post by Linux 2020 »

@ddog241

+1 for the Elim Garak reference! :D

"Lying is a skill like any other. And if you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly."

- Garak, to Worf (DS9: "In Purgatory's Shadow")

""Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."

- Bashir and Garak (DS9: "The Wire")

Return to “Open Chat”