Goodbye

Chat about just about anything else
Vladimir00
Level 4
Level 4

Goodbye

Post by Vladimir00 »

I had a good time on the forum Linux Mint.Unfortunately, I cannot give much useful to this forum. Most of my posts are here have little real value. So I decided not to waste any more time on this forum.Maybe I'll be back in a year or two :D Bye.
antikythera
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Goodbye

Post by antikythera »

Seriously? I thought you were joking :?

Think on it a bit.
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor
Vladimir00
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Vladimir00 »

antikythera wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:09 am
Seriously? I thought you were joking :?

Think on it a bit.
I've already made my final decision. Bye.
antikythera
Level 9
Level 9

Post by antikythera »

Happy trails then ;)
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

Goodbye, and feel welcome to come back whenever you wish.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Benedetto
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Benedetto »

For the record Vladimir00, I have only made 83 posts since being here for a little over two years.
Like you I never felt that they were that important, but you never know. Many who read this board do not post on it but do get benefit and help from threads that are of interest to them. I stay here for two reasons; one ii I need help this is where I would come and secondly often a tip or comment by someone helps me decide to add or delete certain software or change my settings. Lots to gain from reading I believe.
There are lots of folk here with a vast amount of knowledge which lesser mortals, like me, can take advantage of. :lol:
Best wishes,
Linux Mint 20 Ulyana Cinnamon 4.6.7
bob466
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bob466 »

Don't be stupid...everyone's opinion and comments are welcome on this Forum. :D You don't have to be an expert ...everyone knows something...no one knows everything. Image
Linux For Ever...Windoze Never. Image
The Freedom To Choose Your Own Avatar Without Victimisation.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

Bye Vlad...
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running mostly LM19C and a little LM20C.

Image Image Image
HaveaMint
Level 5
Level 5

Post by HaveaMint »

^^^
Waves goodbye
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
CtrlAltDel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by CtrlAltDel »

Vladimir00 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:08 am
I had a good time on the forum Linux Mint.Unfortunately, I cannot give much useful to this forum. Most of my posts are here have little real value. So I decided not to waste any more time on this forum.Maybe I'll be back in a year or two :D Bye.
Most of us don't give any good advice, really, but that doesn't stop us. Let's break it down poster by poster:

Expert knowledge - 10%

Intermediate knowledge - 30%

Just hanging out and bluffing your way into making people think you actually know what you are doing while jumping on the really easy questions really fast and trying to seem smart. - 60% (This is my category)
Mint 20 Cinnamon / i7-4790 Processor
Nvidia GeForce GT 720 / 8 GB Memory
Pjotr
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Pjotr »

The thing is though, that you sometimes need to have a thick skin on fora like this, despite the moderation. Even purely technical criticism can catch you on the raw from time to time. I've become rather immune by now, but I remember that in the beginning it was not always easy for me, too.

That's one of the disadvantages of written communication. There's no softening by facial expressions, gestures, tone of voice etc. You need to be able to cope with that.

If one feels that it's too difficult for one to deal with that, maybe it's sensible self-protection to withdraw oneself.... I certainly respect that.

A man (or woman of course, blah blah blah) should always measure his strength when dealing with a problem. If it's reasonable to expect that he can't solve it, then it's only wise to avoid that problem instead. There's no sense in harming yourself.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 20 Ulyana
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
majpooper
Level 6
Level 6

Post by majpooper »

CtrlAltDel wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:39 am
Most of us don't give any good advice, really, but that doesn't stop us.

Just hanging out and bluffing your way into making people think you actually know what you are doing while jumping on the really easy questions really fast and trying to seem smart. - 60% (This is my category)
+1
Me too . . . I am definitely in the 60% category BIG TIME. :mrgreen:
kelevra
Level 4
Level 4

Post by kelevra »

Gonna miss ya Vlad. :(
"None of us is as smart as all of us." Ken Blanchard

Mint 20 Cinnamon
Intel© Celeron© CPU B820 @ 1.70GHz 8GiB
MurphCID
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MurphCID »

Pjotr wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:03 am
The thing is though, that you sometimes need to have a thick skin on fora like this, despite the moderation. Even purely technical criticism can catch you on the raw from time to time. I've become rather immune by now, but I remember that in the beginning it was not always easy for me, too.

That's one of the disadvantages of written communication. There's no softening by facial expressions, gestures, tone of voice etc. You need to be able to cope with that.

If one feels that it's too difficult for one to deal with that, maybe it's sensible self-protection to withdraw oneself.... I certainly respect that.

A man (or woman of course, blah blah blah) should always measure his strength when dealing with a problem. If it's reasonable to expect that he can't solve it, then it's only wise to avoid that problem instead. There's no sense in harming yourself.
OMG, this is one of the nicest, most polite forums on the net! Several that I am on are absolutely brutal, you HAVE to have a thick skin to survive on those. This forum is all about help and community.
majpooper
Level 6
Level 6

Post by majpooper »

Generally speaking this is a very friendly and helpful forum. When things slide sideways in to politics it can start to get nasty but the Mods are really good about shutting that stuff down even IMHO they tend to give one side a little more more leeway than the other. And on occasion folks can be impatient with noobs which concerns me more but even that is mild compared to some forums that will remain un-named. And yes over the years I have followed a couple of technical dust-ups between a few of the %10ers (the people on this forum who are really technically proficient).

Things being relative this forum overall is extremely friendly as far as technical forums go and that is a credit to the Mods.
mediclaser
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mediclaser »

Vladimir00 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:08 am
I had to research your post history to understand the reasoning behind this "Goodbye" thing of yours (and my hunch was right).

Imagine if Linus Torvalds did not have *thick skin*, we would not have Linux as good as we have it today.
If you're looking for a greener Linux pasture, you won't find any that is greener than Linux Mint. ;)
GS3
Level 7
Level 7

Post by GS3 »

Pjotr wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:03 am
Anyone who is rude to me I put on ignore. It makes any forum a much more pleasant place.

I do not care how much anyone knows, I will not tolerate rudeness. And very often those who answer with rude, smug superiority are wrong. Smugness, condescension and rudeness get in the way of communication and of being helpful.

And in any forum where the mods or just the established clique are rude, I just leave. Some places make you undergo hazing, pay your dues and earn your place in the pecking order. No thanks.

I have never felt the need to make an announcement that I was leaving. I just stop posting.
Please do not use animated GIFs in avatars because many of us find them distracting and obnoxious. Thank you.
Pippin
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Pippin »

@Vladimir00 probably still reading here... ;)

I left one forum not too long ago.
Opened a topic that did not fit the believes of some that were registered long time and topic got deleted.

Long live GDPR ;)
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp

Return to “Open chat”