What are you listening to right now?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by rossdv8 »

Currently listening to the dulcet tones of a crow, singing in a tree outside my computer room . .
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

I never thought I would bother with somethign like Amazon's Alexa devices. However, they started offering me things like a couple of Echo-Dot Gen 3 devices for $10 each including free shipping. They were $39 each at the time, so I grabbed a couple for my ex-wife (to hook her up with a quick connection to her son aboout 1200 kilometres away) and one for myself.

Then they offered me two of the Gen 4 Echo Dots for half the price of one, and also free shipping, so I didn;t need one, but I thought of a couple of things I might be able to do with them.

Anyway, to make a long story longer, what I wanted to do with the 4th Gen Eco-Dots (setting them up as Stereo) doesn;t work for streaming music from anywhere other than Amazon Music. And because I hooked up my Amazon Music Unlimited account to my exes Echo-Dot, I can't use Unlimited OR Prime music on my own.
But I can use the Amazon Music Free on it. And with the two Echo-Dot 4th Gen set up as a Stereo pair, the music streaming from one of their free 'Stations' plays in absolutely beautiful sounding Stereo, with the two Echo-Dots placed at around 6 foots from each other. Nice stereo separation, decent balance of Bass and Treble and weirdly, excellent 'depth'.

So 'right now, I'm listening to a nice assortment of streaming 'Big Band Jazz'.
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

rossdv8 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:58 pm Currently listening to the dulcet tones of a crow, singing in a tree outside my computer room . .
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
heavy metal
Level 3
Level 3

Post by heavy metal »

I mostly listen to salsa music and heavy metal/hard Rock but right now I'm listening Eurobeats from Initial D anime series on my Panasonic home stereo while sanding, cleaning and varnishing mahogany ladder of my home!

P.S. while I'm listening to Eurobeats, my neighbors too, if you know what I mean!
Debian 12 Gnome on a MSI H61M-P25 (B3) PC & on a Dell Latitude E6410 & HP EliteBook 8540p Laptops.
LMDE 6 on a Panasonic ToughBook CF-C1 Laptop.
Bodhi Linux 7 on a HP Compaq DC5750 Small Form Factor PC.
Windows 11 on a Intel DH55TC PC.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

heavy metal wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:32 pm ...I'm listening to Eurobeats, my neighbors too, if you know what I mean!
I know what you mean. And I also know that if you were one of my neighbors, you would be having a little conversation with the police and the manager of the mobile home court I live in.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
heavy metal
Level 3
Level 3

Post by heavy metal »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:03 pm
heavy metal wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:32 pm ...I'm listening to Eurobeats, my neighbors too, if you know what I mean!
I know what you mean. And I also know that if you were one of my neighbors, you would be having a little conversation with the police and the manager of the mobile home court I live in.
😯😲😅😁 In my defense I have to say that I turn the music down around 7:00 pm or turn it off completely so they can't complain, the law here allows to have loud music until around 10:00 p.m. and on weekends until 12:00 a.m. or something like that!
Debian 12 Gnome on a MSI H61M-P25 (B3) PC & on a Dell Latitude E6410 & HP EliteBook 8540p Laptops.
LMDE 6 on a Panasonic ToughBook CF-C1 Laptop.
Bodhi Linux 7 on a HP Compaq DC5750 Small Form Factor PC.
Windows 11 on a Intel DH55TC PC.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

A local Aussie band that used to play in the town nearest my first Air Force posting. They were one of the most unusual bands we had in the 70s, and quite a number of well known (well knownn here - and back then) artists like Roger Frampton and Warren Daly joined them for a while.
For the first few minutes of this album people usually wonder if it is some sort of weird meditation thing.
Then they start up on flute, washboard and other percussion, sex, clarinets, and it evolves gradually into a style of jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmQIVYdqGTQ

I thought they were extinct like the Dodo, but it seems they are still playing around.
https://www.galapagosduck.net/
timmn1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by timmn1 »

Michiru Oshima - Time Machine Blues

I'm told my taste in music is quite eclectic.
Someday, maybe I'll figure out exactly what the hell I'm doing.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

I've had my Johann Strauss playlist playing much of the morning while I was reading and napping while recovering from yesterday's endeavors on my back door steps.
Jeannie

rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:17 pm I've had my Johann Strauss playlist playing much of the morning while I was reading and napping while recovering from yesterday's endeavors on my back door steps.
Ahhh, Johnny Strauss. I think the Blue Danube was the first tune I was taught to dance to when I was about ten, and learned basic waltz steps. Seventeen years later, newly married and about 8 years after my last competition, and the last time I had ever danced (I didn't 'dance' at my wedding. It was more a tipsy shuffle), I walked past a sign advertising for people to train as dance instructors. As a joke, I doubled back and auditioned. By the time I got home I had a startled wife telling me someone from a well known dance studio wanted to employ me as a dance instructor, and could I start as soon as possible.

She had no idea I'd ever danced, let alone in competition.

So Poor old Strauss and his music have a lot of fond memories. I often still play 'strict tempo' music when I just want to relax :-)
The classics are still special, although these days people seem to think the classic began with the Beatles or The Stones, and forget about Strauss and Glen Miller et al.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

rossdv8 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:29 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:17 pm I've had my Johann Strauss playlist playing much of the morning while I was reading and napping while recovering from yesterday's endeavors on my back door steps.
Ahhh, Johnny Strauss. I think the Blue Danube was the first tune I was taught to dance to when I was about ten, and learned basic waltz steps. Seventeen years later, newly married and about 8 years after my last competition, and the last time I had ever danced (I didn't 'dance' at my wedding. It was more a tipsy shuffle), I walked past a sign advertising for people to train as dance instructors. As a joke, I doubled back and auditioned. By the time I got home I had a startled wife telling me someone from a well known dance studio wanted to employ me as a dance instructor, and could I start as soon as possible.

She had no idea I'd ever danced, let alone in competition.

So Poor old Strauss and his music have a lot of fond memories. I often still play 'strict tempo' music when I just want to relax :-)
The classics are still special, although these days people seem to think the classic began with the Beatles or The Stones, and forget about Strauss and Glen Miller et al.
Glenn Miller's band is my favorite of the big band swing era.
Jeannie

Return to “Open Chat”