What are you listening to right now?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
frostymusic
Level 4
Level 4

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by frostymusic »

Spotify...Jann Arden, and I use Tuner to catch a wide variety of Jazz. Radio Swiss Jazz being a favorite. Also some older country like Conway Twitty, Blue Rodeo, RUSH, Eagles, Chicago, Sarah Harmer, Jenn Grant, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, I am all over the place. Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams, I guess I have a wide ranging ear. :D
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

frostymusic wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:58 pm Spotify...Jann Arden, and I use Tuner to catch a wide variety of Jazz. Radio Swiss Jazz being a favorite. Also some older country like Conway Twitty, Blue Rodeo, RUSH, Eagles, Chicago, Sarah Harmer, Jenn Grant, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, I am all over the place. Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams, I guess I have a wide ranging ear. :D
To frostymusic's list I would like to add Camel, Yes and Genesis. From the latter band two creative members:

Anthony Phillips: Slow Dance Part 1 & 2
Steve Hackett: A Midsummer Nights Dream

... you can find the music on YouTube. Very much worth to watch and listening as a visual documentation:

Patricia Petibon: Der Hölle Rache kocht - even if this means nothing to you, you know it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CodvdRTX8zo
acerimusdux
Level 5
Level 5

Post by acerimusdux »

Still can't get enough of Sierra Ferrell. Gum Tree Canoe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dievHU8iV10
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

American Pie by Don McLean and the album The "Chirping" Crickets by the Crickets (aka, Buddy Holly and the Crickets), in remembrance of the Day the Music Died. Shortly before 1am local time on February 3, 1959, Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper died when their airplane crashed near Clear Lake, Iowa.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
frostymusic
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frostymusic »

Yes to Yes! 8)
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

frostymusic wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:11 pm Yes to Yes! 8)
For Yes I would have this concert recommendation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3IAI4ABUg

No big arena, just the village square of Lugano - and an extremely cheerful Christopher Russell Edward Squire who obviously had fun with the audience. In particular, starting at 1:13:47, see his sleeves rolled up and his subsequent action. His use of the Rickenbacker was just great...
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

absque fenestris wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:27 pm
frostymusic wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:58 pm Spotify...Jann Arden, and I use Tuner to catch a wide variety of Jazz. Radio Swiss Jazz being a favorite. Also some older country like Conway Twitty, Blue Rodeo, RUSH, Eagles, Chicago, Sarah Harmer, Jenn Grant, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, I am all over the place. Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams, I guess I have a wide ranging ear. :D
To frostymusic's list I would like to add Camel, Yes and Genesis. From the latter band two creative members:

Anthony Phillips: Slow Dance Part 1 & 2
Steve Hackett: A Midsummer Nights Dream

... you can find the music on YouTube. Very much worth to watch and listening as a visual documentation:

Patricia Petibon: Der Hölle Rache kocht - even if this means nothing to you, you know it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CodvdRTX8zo
Classic Genesis is great. Squonk is a classic song. Yes is also a good listen, I remember getting albums with those glorious Roger Dean covers.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

My Telemann playlist (a whole lot of hours worth of music ripped from 50 CDs).
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
mediclaser
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mediclaser »

I've been listening to an audio bible since last week, when I'm not doing stuffs that require deep mental concentration. :)
I started from the book of Genesis and currently at the book of Proverbs as I write this post. The narrator, Max McClean did an excellent job.
If you're looking for a greener Linux pasture, you won't find any that is greener than Linux Mint. ;)
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Post by rossdv8 »

mediclaser wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:17 pm I've been listening to an audio bible since last week. . .
That sounds like a great Audio Read. Interesting, non-intrusive, and sort of designed for listening to. :)
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Deep Purple - Child In Time - Live (1970)

Ingenious more than 50 years ago, still ingenious today.

This was only the appetizer, so here is the 2 hours' main menu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czHAN7wDvyg
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
Rooo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rooo »

Recent post in this thread reminded me of this :)

play the full album now and again 8)

"
Artist GTR
Album G.T.R"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARERFbiqCfk
Forum Pest ...

"Easy tips for Linux Mint and Ubuntu, both for beginners and for advanced users" https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/1.html
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Rooo wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:07 pm
Artist GTR

GTR are:

Steve Howe : Guitar, Synthesizers, Backing Vocals
Steve Hackett : Guitar, Synthesizers, Backing Vocals
Max Bacon : Lead Vocals
Phil Spalding : Bass, Backing Vocals
Jonathan Mover : Drums, Percussion

Not necessarily the very best of these really good musicians. But I downloaded the album anyway, as a musical note, so to speak.
Thanks for the tip.
Rooo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rooo »

absque fenestris wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:08 pm Not necessarily the very best of these really good musicians.
i thought that on first hearing,it grows on you :)
Forum Pest ...

"Easy tips for Linux Mint and Ubuntu, both for beginners and for advanced users" https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/1.html
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

Nightwish -The Phantom of the Opera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL25rbnvM4o

Amira Willighagen

Little Drummer Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyV3nEkxkNU
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

My Beethoven String Quartet and Quintet playlist.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

OK, Zeppelin IV ... means torn bass drivers, burned out amplifiers and quite a few re-buys of the vinyl edition.
In the meantime, the problem of music playback has subsided - but it still has to be vinyl. There are things that do not belong digitized, because it would be indecent.

Well, admittedly I also have it digitally, but that's for secret pleasures with the headphones...

Return to “Open Chat”