Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Post by Pjotr »

My first Pfizer shot was almost three weeks ago. I still feel some muscle ache (not much) in the upper arm that got the shot. That's remarkable, because according to the official side effects warning, muscle ache should disappear within a couple of days after vaccination with Pfizer.

Hopefully that doesn't bode ill for the (heavier?) side effects of the second shot, which is due in two weeks from now. :?
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Pjotr wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:35 am My first Pfizer shot was almost three weeks ago. I still feel some muscle ache (not much) in the upper arm that got the shot. That's remarkable, because according to the official side effects warning, muscle ache should disappear within a couple of days after vaccination with Pfizer.

Hopefully that doesn't bode ill for the (heavier?) side effects of the second shot, which is due in two weeks from now. :?
You just might get lucky with that second shot. I didn't get any arm soreness from the second shot and the kinda wiped out feeling for both shots lasted only two or three days for me (being retired, I had the luxury of just goofing off and sleeping it off).

I've read that swinging the injected arm in circles for a while after the shop helps to reduce the soreness.

Edit: I had the Pfizer shots.
Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald on Fri May 28, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

I still feel some muscle ache (not much) in the upper arm that got the shot
Someone here on the forums had recommended arm rotation exercises with the arm in question, before and after the shot...I didnt do this on the first shot and had a sore arm for about three days...On the second shot, i did not even have a sore arm at all so i guess there is something to be said for the arm rotations...lol...I also had the Pfizer shots...DAMIEN
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

It's odd how people react differently. I had zero side effects to both of my AZ jabs. In fact within 30 minutes I was not aware that a needle had been stuck in my arm.
Cliff Coggin
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

cliffcoggin wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:25 pm It's odd how people react differently. I had zero side effects to both of my AZ jabs. In fact within 30 minutes I was not aware that a needle had been stuck in my arm.
likewise, but with Pfizer.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

I got very little pain from my Pfizer second shot, but I did have a mild fever which lasted only one day.
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

AZgl1500 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:47 pm
If you have ample sun try to be in the sunlight for 30 minutes minimum per day and your body will produce Vitamin D
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Vitamin D alone will not be sufficient to protect anyone against Covid-19. Nor will Zinc, magnesium and Vit C. No matter how high the dosis.
Folks, you are starting to get closer and closer to spreading the same nonsense that those fools spread, who deny that Covid-19 is a dangerous disease and that the pandemic exists.
Please, leave this thread to those people, who wish to report on their experience made when they got vaccinated for the first and/or second time.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
Pippin
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Pippin »

karlchen wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:35 pm Folks, you are starting to get closer and closer to spreading the same nonsense that those fools spread, who deny Covid-19 were a dangerous disease and that the pandemic exists.
Then you should have left ^that^ out.....
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Corrected the grammar of my sentence, hoping that this will help avoid (mailicious) mis-interpretations.
As a lot of forum users may be aware that English is not my native language. So it is not unlikely that I phrase sentences in a way, how native speakers' would never phrase them. But no problem, the same happens when using my native language as well. :wink:
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:26 am I've read that swinging the injected arm in circles for a while after the shot helps to reduce the soreness.
DAMIEN1307 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:39 am Someone here on the forums had recommended arm rotation exercises with the arm in question, before and after the shot...I didnt do this on the first shot and had a sore arm for about three days...On the second shot, i did not even have a sore arm at all so i guess there is something to be said for the arm rotations...lol...I also had the Pfizer shots...DAMIEN
Good tip. I'll do that.

When the first shot was administered I didn't have time to properly relax my arm entirely before the nurse jabbed me, she was so bloody quick with it. That may have caused some extra muscle damage.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

karlchen wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 pm ...As a lot of forum users may be aware that English is not my native language. So it is not unlikely that I phrase sentences in a way, how native speakers' would never phrase them. But no problem, the same happens when using my native language as well. :wink:
You could have fooled me. Your English is better than many people born and ruined...er...raised in this country.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Interesting snippet on the BeeB evening news also on their website
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57260463
One of those rare unfortunates to suffer blood clots after the AZ vaccine, a vicar and his view:
I asked Rev Hatwell what he might say to his congregation about Covid vaccines, in the light of his experience. His faith in immunisation is unshaken.
"In speaking about love for one's neighbour, it seems to me that's a really important aspect of getting the vaccination, because we're not only looking out for ourselves and our own protection, but we're also looking at protecting others."
Also quoted, UK stats: chance of dying from side effects 2 in 1.2 million, chance of dying from covid 1,900 in a million. Bit of a no-brainer from whatever angle you look at it.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

AndyMH wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:12 pm UK stats: chance of dying from side effects 2 in 1.2 million, chance of dying from covid 1,900 in a million. Bit of a no-brainer from whatever angle you look at it.
That's perhaps a tad too general.... You can narrow it down a bit tailored to your own situation, thanks to the University of Oxford:
https://qcovid.org/Calculation

For the rest, this is my personal take: I wear a mask in order to protect others. But I have chosen to be vaccinated solely for my own protection. If the risk balance would have swung the other way in my case, I certainly wouldn't have taken any vaccine at all. :mrgreen:

As it is, I'm looking forward to my second shot of Pfizer/BioNTech so I can finally be done with bloody COVID-19.

Yet I'm not quite convinced that I even really need a second shot of Pfizer/BioNTech: recent research has shown high levels of protection after even one shot. But two shots is the official recommendation and the only way to get the redeeming full clearance for travelling abroad and such.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Pjotr wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:20 pm ...Yet I'm not quite convinced that I even really need a second shot of Pfizer/BioNTech: recent research has shown high levels of protection after even one shot...
I would rather have something and not need it than to not have it and then need it. If that makes me chicken, then excuse me while I go outside, cluck, scratch for worms, and lay eggs.
Jeannie

DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

cluck, scratch for worms, and lay eggs.
And i would pay good money to see that too...lol...DAMIEN
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:26 pm
cluck, scratch for worms, and lay eggs.
And i would pay good money to see that too...lol...DAMIEN
Darned right you would! :wink: An act like that ain't cheap!
Jeannie

HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:12 pm
Pjotr wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:20 pm ...Yet I'm not quite convinced that I even really need a second shot of Pfizer/BioNTech: recent research has shown high levels of protection after even one shot...
I would rather have something and not need it than to not have it and then need it.
I think it may be to late for that .
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

HaveaMint wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:50 am
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:12 pm
I would rather have something and not need it than to not have it and then need it.
I think it may be to late for that .
Hence my preference for having it and not needing it.
Jeannie

ricardogroetaers
Level 6
Level 6

Post by ricardogroetaers »

karlchen wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:35 pm .... spreading the same nonsense that those fools spread, who deny that Covid-19 is a dangerous disease and that the pandemic exists.
Only the country changes but it is the same.
Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine (remedies for malaria), ivermectin (remedy for lice), nitazoxanide (remedy for worms) .......

Return to “Open Chat”