Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Post by cliffcoggin »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:53 pm
DAMIEN1307 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:26 pm
cluck, scratch for worms, and lay eggs.
And i would pay good money to see that too...lol...DAMIEN
Darned right you would! :wink: An act like that ain't cheap!
Beer tokens await your performance.
Cliff Coggin
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

cliffcoggin wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:29 am
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:53 pm
DAMIEN1307 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:26 pm

And i would pay good money to see that too...lol...DAMIEN
Darned right you would! :wink: An act like that ain't cheap!
Beer tokens await your performance.
You'll have to do better than that, son; I don't drink.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

karlchen wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:35 pm Folks, you are starting to get closer and closer to spreading the same nonsense that those fools spread, who deny that Covid-19 is a dangerous disease and that the pandemic exists.
I find this sad. Just the other day, I learned of a former co-worker I had that died of covid back in October. That makes two people I've known in my life to die of covid. At first I was hesitant to take the vaccine, but over time I changed my mind. And it (the covid/vaccine situation in general) has nothing to do with politics, as I'm anything but liberal. I've gotten both shots (Pfizer) and I recommend all who can to get the shots. I can understand the hesitancy some have for the AZ and J&J vaccines; in that case I would just say then get the Pfizer shots. As for Vitamin D and Zinc, those do help with infections in general, but they are no replacement for the vaccine, as far as I'm concerned (and I do still take both currently, although I may drop the Zinc until the next flu season starts).
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Schultz wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:52 am it (the covid/vaccine situation in general) has nothing to do with politics
Very true, and I wish more people saw it this way.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Moem wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:47 pm
Schultz wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:52 am it (the covid/vaccine situation in general) has nothing to do with politics
Very true, and I wish more people saw it this way.
You and me three!
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:03 am
Son, eh? I haven't been flattered like that in decades.
Cliff Coggin
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

cliffcoggin wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:54 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:03 am
Son, eh? I haven't been flattered like that in decades.
Dreamer. :wink:
Jeannie

bracknelson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bracknelson »

I also got vaccinated last week and no side effects at all.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

bracknelson wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:23 am I also got vaccinated last week and no side effects at all.
What vaccine?
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

In The Netherlands, the Janssen and Astra Zeneca vaccines are being phased out (governmental decision from today). Because of concerns over blood clotting. Sounds more like a PR thing than a genuine concern to me, because of the rarity of those clotting cases: I expect they simply want to increase the popularity of vaccination.

Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna will be the only remaining vaccines in the Dutch vaccination campaign, with a few minor exceptions: people who specifically want Janssen or Astra Zeneca, people for whom a two-shot model doesn't work (homeless, seamen etc. who will get Janssen) and people who are waiting for their second shot of Astra Zeneca (because mixing vaccines is probably a bad idea).

Birth year 1981 can already make a vaccination appointment: the scandalously slow Dutch campaign is (finally!!!) speeding up.

What will they do with the superfluous supplies of Janssen and Astra Zeneca (already in stock and pre-ordered)? I think they'll give them away to poor countries that can't pay for it. Which is of course both good in a humanitarian sense and for dampening the risk of new dangerous mutations in largely unvaccinated populations.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

here in Western Australia, the default(s) seem to be:
- under 50 years - - get the Pfizer vaccine
- over 50 years - - get the Astra Zeneca vaccine.
:mrgreen:
even our family doctor is now encouraging everyone to get their vaccine shot.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

Pierre wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 am even our family doctor is now encouraging everyone to get their vaccine shot.
Are you implying he was discouraging his patients until now?
Cliff Coggin
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

don't remember their last position, as I've not been any need to visit their practice,
until this week, so can't recall their prior position.

she did say, that all of the practice's doctors had the Pfizer vaccine, though,
as they were all under 50 years of age.
:)

thus I'll be making some enquiries about which practice, has got some available.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

cliffcoggin wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:29 am Beer tokens await your performance.

BTW, what exactly is a beer token?
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

Portreve wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:42 am
Cash of course. The only good use for money is buying beer, preferably cool (but not chilled), flat and bitter.
Cliff Coggin
dorsetUK
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dorsetUK »

cliffcoggin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:40 am ... preferably cool (but not chilled), flat and bitter.
Music to my ears. :D
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

cliffcoggin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:40 am Cash of course. The only good use for money is buying beer, preferably cool (but not chilled), flat and bitter.
Oh, ok... lol! It's just that I'd never heard that term before. I'm guessing it's British?

dorsetUK wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:13 pm Music to my ears. :D
My two favorite UK imports are Boddington's Pub Ale and Fuller ESB.

Long-ish short story...

Many years ago I worked for Sony Electronics, and one of my coworkers and I had a conversation which, in due course, turned into a discussion of beer. The general consensus among the several people who had joined in was to the effect that the only way to experience British, Irish, etc. beer was to visit the country. Guinness, for example, isn't as good here as there because when it's made and bottled here, there's preservatives added which you wouldn't encounter in a bottle or on draft over there.

Now, in general, dark beers are not among my favorites nor my go-to variety. There are a couple "darker" beers I like, but that's about it. I only mention Guinness because it came up in that discussion, and by way of general reference where "dark" beer is concerned here in this post.

In July of 2019, I left the U.S. for the first time and visited a friend in Germany for a week. We drove to several different cities, and on the list of things I experienced was, of course, beer. One of the beers I had was a dark beer (though not anything like Guinness) and it was definitely the sort of beer I would not have liked if I had gotten here in the U.S. Anyhow, it was absolutely fantastic, and it immediately brought to mind the conversation I mentioned above.

To be fair, local craft (a.k.a. "micro brew") beer in the U.S. is generally considered to be excellent, but then those makers aren't constrained by factors of mass production and supporting a long supply chain.

Anyhow, I bring this up because I fully intend to go back to Europe, and the UK is definitely on my list of places to experience. And, I definitely expect the beer there to be top notch.

It would be cool to have a Mint get together. :)
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick-Cork »

cliffcoggin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:40 am
Portreve wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:42 am
Cash of course. The only good use for money is buying beer, preferably cool (but not chilled), flat and bitter.
Many years ago in my late teens down on the south coast (UK) with old school mates we went for a pint. It was in the days where fruit machines (slots in the US) used to pay out with bar tokens if you got the £2 jackpot! :) Anyway, we were feeding it a few coins and I think we dropped one in that was wet. Must have shorted something out as it then kept going without putting any more money in.

There was five of us and we were huddled around it for 2-3 hours. Every time we hit the 'jackpot' one of us would run up to the counter with more tokens and get another round in. We all rolled out of there fairly tipsy (putting it mildly!) for the princely sum of probably 50 pence! :)

(I should add that if the same happened today I'd probably be a good citizen and advise the owner. Ah teenage years!)

PS: Guinness is good for you!
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

PS: Guinness is good for you!
Sláinte...lol...DAMIEN
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

Portreve wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:37 pm
My two favorite UK imports are Boddington's Pub Ale and Fuller ESB.
I am sure we can do better than that, including light, pale, bitter, mild, and stout.
The general consensus among the several people who had joined in was to the effect that the only way to experience British, Irish, etc. beer was to visit the country. Guinness, for example, isn't as good here as there because when it's made and bottled here, there's preservatives added which you wouldn't encounter in a bottle or on draft over there.
So I've heard, but the Guiness I drank in Ireland tasted the same to me as that brewed in England. Perhaps that's more to do with the number of cigarettes I smoked at that time.

In July of 2019, I left the U.S. for the first time and visited a friend in Germany for a week. We drove to several different cities, and on the list of things I experienced was, of course, beer. One of the beers I had was a dark beer (though not anything like Guinness) and it was definitely the sort of beer I would not have liked if I had gotten here in the U.S. Anyhow, it was absolutely fantastic, and it immediately brought to mind the conversation I mentioned above.
Maybe it was alt bier (old beer) that I had once in Hamburg. Absolutely delicious, and never tasted again in the 45 years since. There were also many fine beers in Bavaria, though the crown must go to those around Plzen in what was then Czechoslovakia.

Anyhow, I bring this up because I fully intend to go back to Europe, and the UK is definitely on my list of places to experience. And, I definitely expect the beer there to be top notch.

It would be cool to have a Mint get together. :)
I look forward to it. Seriously. Let me know the date.
Yours in cervisia. Cliff.
Cliff Coggin

Return to “Open Chat”