Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Post by Pjotr »

Had the second Pfizer/BioNTech jab this afternoon (two hours ago), five weeks after the first jab (which is the standard interval for that vaccine in The Netherlands).

So far, no side effects except for a slight tiredness and perhaps a bit of a foggy feeling. Waving the jabbed arm around before and after the shot helped to keep the muscle pain away (so far), so that was a good tip.

Off to get me some slabs of meat now, because we're having a BBQ tonight, on this warm and sunny day. Perhaps accompanied by a ceremonial torching of some masks: burn, baby, burn!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5lSeYd_riw

Life is good. 8)
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
revmacian
Level 5
Level 5

Post by revmacian »

I received my second dose of the Moderna vaccine three weeks ago.. still waiting for the side effects to set in. I think the side effects depend on your level of activity, I've been a runner for years so I doubt I'll see any side effects.. well, other than a sore arm for a day or two.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime.
US Navy, NEC HM8404
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

I spoke a bit too soon: nearly eight hours after getting my second Pfizer/BioNTech shot, I feel very tired. Exhausted even. Although it's a warm night, I was cold and had to put on a sweater. No fever.

Clearly more side effects than after the first shot.
old_noob
Level 4
Level 4

Post by old_noob »

I felt like a tank ran over me the morning after my 2nd Moderna shot. Headache, fatigue, bone/joint pain, nausea and a mild fever. My normal resting heart rate in the low 50's was instead 75. Faded away gradually and I was good as new after about 6 hours, except the fatigue was not totally gone till the next morning.

These vaccines were developed on an emergency basis and there was no time to smooth the rough edges. Still damn glad I got it though.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

I forgot to mention nausea on Sunday evening.

Monday only less energy than normal. Easily tired. No other side effects any more. Tuesday everything back to normal. Fit and a happy feeling like you have after recovering from a disease.

Anyway: this second Pfizer shot definitely marks the end of the COVID vaccinations for me. No potential periodic "booster shots" in my body.

I can understand that creating immunity against a potential (accidentally leaked) biological weapon can't be done with velvet gloves on, but enough is enough. This second shot was no easy ride for me; I shudder at the thought what the impact of booster shots might be for me.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

This second shot was no easy ride for me; I shudder at the thought what the impact of booster shots might be for me.
I barely knew that i got jabbed the first time, only a 2 or 3 day sore arm was all...On the second jab, (rotated arm as recommended before and after shot), not even a sore arm...Maybe being older has less of an effect than you youngsters out here...lol...Im turning 66 2 days from now...lol...DAMIEN
Last edited by DAMIEN1307 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

I have no doubt that improved vaccines will become available in time, and they will be as routine and harmless as vaccines for that other common virus pneumonia. After all it is only a year and a half since the discovery of the virus, so remarkable progress has been made to get several vaccines on the market in such a short time. COVID is here to stay, so we need to get used to it.
Cliff Coggin
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

Pjotr wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:33 pm Anyway: this second Pfizer shot definitely marks the end of the COVID vaccinations for me. No potential periodic "booster shots" in my body.
I'm still on the fence concerning the booster shots. Have the "experts" said when they will be available?
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Schultz wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:41 pm
Pjotr wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:33 pm Anyway: this second Pfizer shot definitely marks the end of the COVID vaccinations for me. No potential periodic "booster shots" in my body.
I'm still on the fence concerning the booster shots. Have the "experts" said when they will be available?
Not all of the experts have said if a booster will be needed or not since not enough data is available yet to determine just how long the protection from the vaccines will last past six months and if a booster will be needed. I'm guessing a booster will be needed eventually but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I've been watching the news for this pretty closely because the six month point for me will be on Aug. 2. I saw a day or two ago the first person to get jabbed hit her six month point but nothing was said about how well protected she still was.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

I think we probably can rest assured (and I'll take my chances anyway):
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/26/heal ... cines.html

Key quote:
Immunity to the coronavirus lasts at least a year, possibly a lifetime, improving over time especially after vaccination, according to two new studies. The findings may help put to rest lingering fears that protection against the virus will be short-lived.
Vaccination helps to keep COVID-19 out of our bodies; now it's time to get COVID-19 out of our heads. The latter is something we need to do ourselves; fear, even irrational fear, has a tendency of ingraining itself on the mind.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

we both had the Astra Zeneca jab this morning
- - several hours ago, in fact - -
no issues, so far.
:D
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
rumpus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rumpus »

It's been almost five months since I received the first jab of Moderna Vaccine and my life
has returned to "almost " normal. I still wear a mask in very crowded places, but don't worry
much about getting sick any more.

Should it is found a booster shot is needed to maintain my sense of security, I will go for it.
I sure don't want to go back into lock down again.
I get a flu shot every year and have not had the flu for years, so perhaps a combo shot is in order.

I am sorry some have an adverse reaction to their shot, but it is better than getting Covid.....r
Swampthing
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Swampthing »

I had my first shot Pfizer/BioNTech last week, I had 2 days with a headache and a sore shoulder, that's all.
Can't wait for my second shot July 21.
ricardogroetaers
Level 6
Level 6

Post by ricardogroetaers »

ricardogroetaers wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 am First dose of Astra Zeneca on April 8, Thursday.
12 hours later and throughout the next day I had a fever, severe headache and body fatigue.
On Saturday (April 10), everything was gone.
Second dose scheduled for July 1.
Yesterday, July 1, second dose of Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccine.
No apparent reaction.
In 15 or 20 days, theoretically I will be immune against serious cases of covid19.
Take care of yourself, take care of your loved ones, take care of others.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

xenopeek wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:59 pm Admin note: some posts have been removed from this topic. To those that don't care for the vaccine, or for national effort to reduce hospitalizations and preventable deaths, please take that elsewhere. This topic is for those that got the jab and sharing personal experience.
Mod note: this needed to be posted again. Please control yourselves so we don't have to.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
old_noob
Level 4
Level 4

Post by old_noob »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:57 pm
This second shot was no easy ride for me; I shudder at the thought what the impact of booster shots might be for me.
I barely knew that i got jabbed the first time, only a 2 or 3 day sore arm was all...On the second jab, (rotated arm as recommended before and after shot), not even a sore arm...Maybe being older has less of an effect than you youngsters out here...lol...Im turning 66 2 days from now...lol...DAMIEN
I have heard that older people suffer fewer side effects, but I am 60 and felt pretty rough the day after. Though I am mature in years only (just ask my wife) so maybe my attitude did me in...
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

old_noob wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:00 am I have heard that older people suffer fewer side effects, but I am 60 and felt pretty rough the day after.
Side-effects are the effect of your immune system's response and a person's immune system gets less effective with age (which is normally the reason older people get more easily sick and get sicker more easily). Significant variation in how much less from person to person so, yes, the fact that you felt it is a good sign in this case.

Given my own immune system's reaction to a first dose of AstraZeneca I am in that same category. Coming up on the second: already really looking... forward... to that effective response again...
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I've had my second jab of Moderna earlier this week. The day after I had a real bad headache and developed a fever. Not worryingly high though and I felt fine the next day.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

I had my second Pfizer shot a couple weeks into June. Nothing the day of the injection, and then the next day my body, towards the afternoon, started acting like it was fighting off influenza. I got up the next morning and felt perfectly fine, and have been just fine ever since.

Well, unless you count my left foot falling off and suddenly growing all the hair back on my head.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

xenopeek wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:54 am I've had my second jab of Moderna earlier this week. The day after I had a real bad headache and developed a fever. Not worryingly high though and I felt fine the next day.
I had a similar reaction, but mine started about 8 hours after the shot, and was completely over by the next day.

Return to “Open Chat”