Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Post by SMG »

My dad got his second vaccine today (Pfizer) at the V.A. This time he had an appointment so he said it went faster. I was concerned because of the weather whether he would be able to go. He had to put down de-icer to get the car out of the driveway, but he said the drive over wasn't too bad. Return trip took twice as long because it apparently snowed a lot while he was inside.

The County Health Department called my mom to let her know there would be a site with vaccines, but it was in a place my parents are not familiar with. They've been getting hit with a lot of "wintry mix" (a.k.a ice and snow), so being able to safely get to and from a vaccine site is a factor. They're hoping something closer to where they live (such as a place they know how to get to :lol:) will have openings available in the near future.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

My mom got her first shot 3 days ago. She had no side effects.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

the Aust Fed Gov't has finally started to "approve" some of the variously available vaccines,
and has even managed to Import several million does of the Pfizer vaccine.

then Australia's medical regulator has approved the Oxford University-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine for use in Australia.
- - making that the second vaccine to get approval.
It will be produced in Melbourne and will be the vaccine most Australians get . .
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

My dad and sister have both been working all systems and my mom finally gets her first shot on Monday. Going to be a bit of an adventure for them to get the location, but the weather looks like it will cooperate. I think my dad will finally be able to relax now he knows Mom will be getting her vaccine.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

On another forum, a good friend of mine just posted this earlier today.

My Dr said no. And he has always been right. He said there is no way that they can predict 6 months to two years down the road what side affects these drugs will do to the body, especially the elderly.

He has those patients who don’t want the shots taking B12, Zinc, D3, and C, daily.

And 80 out of 80 patients over 60 which we are part of, have not had any signs of COVID 19. And I fall into the highest risk group due to my medical history and where I work. He has studied these vaccines well, and so far, he highly recommends not to take them.

I'm still holding out, thinking I will skip the vaccine.
I am on the email list, but the state has not set up an appointment for me...
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
rumpus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rumpus »

I got my second shot 3 days ago and there are no side effects,
other than a sore arm. I'm told in a few weeks the immune system
will be at it's full potential.

I am 84 years old and take no medications. I would rather eat properly and exercise
than take supplements and vitamins, but the vaccine is necessary against covid 19.
I suppose there was a lot of resistance against the small pox vaccine in it's day.

let's all get it done.......r
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Mom got her first vaccine shot yesterday. She said the did it high on her arm and more on the backside. She wanted to see it and had to use a mirror.

She has an appointment date but not yet a time for the second shot. The shots are spaced three weeks apart.

I told her about this thread and what others had experienced. She mentioned my dad had noticed his arm was sore after the second shot. She noticed he seemed to be napping a bit longer/more often around that time. He didn't tell her he felt more tired so it could have the same naps as usual, but she was watching more closely because she was still a bit on the fence about getting it. :lol:
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

SMG wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:12 am Mom got her first vaccine shot yesterday. She said the did it high on her arm and more on the backside. She wanted to see it and had to use a mirror...
On the arm and the backside? Which shot (Pfizer, Moderna, etc.) was she getting. All I ever heard of was one shot in the arm followed by another one in the same place three weeks later. Were the backside shots something other than a Covid shot?

In other news :?: , I'm getting my second shot later today.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 amOn the arm and the backside? Which shot (Pfizer, Moderna, etc.) was she getting. All I ever heard of was one shot in the arm followed by another one in the same place three weeks later. Were the backside shots something other than a Covid shot?
The backside of her arm. She did get the Pfizer shot in her arm.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

SMG wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:21 am
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 amOn the arm and the backside? Which shot (Pfizer, Moderna, etc.) was she getting. All I ever heard of was one shot in the arm followed by another one in the same place three weeks later. Were the backside shots something other than a Covid shot?
The backside of her arm. She did get the Pfizer shot in her arm.
:oops: Sorry, I completely misunderstood you.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
dorsetUK
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dorsetUK »

Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl0nogtGrCI :D

'Tushie' :lol:

COAT - where is it?
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

dorsetUK wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:02 pm Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl0nogtGrCI :D

'Tushie' :lol: ...
Hawkeye may have thought he was being funny but he got it in the end (pun shamelessly intended). :wink:

On to other news... I got my second Covid shot about two hours ago. Curiously enough, the shot itself stung a bit going in this time (the first shot didn't sting at all), yet, so far, I'm not feeling any soreness when I touch it (so far). I breezed through the first shot in what seemed like nothing flat. This time, it took an hour because of the number of people getting shot. Fortunately, I treat my ebook reader like an American Express Card; I rarely leave home without it.
Jeannie

Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

The developers of a new, Australian-developed product says it is set to revolutionise the response to Covid-19 across the globe.

ViroCLEAR is a world-first hospital grade surface disinfectant, according to its developers BioInnovate and is laboratory proven to rapidly improve the time taken to completely kill Covid-19 in comparison to other products on the market.

Unlike other disinfectants, it has the ability to kill the virus within 90 seconds of surface contact.

- most Australians are unaware of the time it takes for current products on the market to kill the virus.

“Think about when you go to the supermarket and someone passes you a trolley that has just been wiped down,” he said.

“In reality, Covid-19 can stay on that surface for 10 minutes or longer and so it is highly transmissible."
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Thought the major source of infection was airborne, not contact with contaminated surfaces.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

The major route of transmission is airborne, but it is possible to get it from surfaces if you are not careful where you place your hands after touching a contaminated surface. That's why the hand-washing and hand sanitizer are still important pieces in getting this under control. It is less likely to be as potent after being on a surface, but it is still a possibility.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

It's the morning after my second jab and, curiously enough, I haven't noticed any side effects yet. Unlike with the first shot, the injection site isn't tender at all. I'm feeling a bit wiped out but that may be from my allergies (I felt a little wiped out yesterday because my lovely allergies were acting up more than yesterday). So far, this shot has been a bit anticlimactic.
Jeannie

AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Had my first Pfizer jab a couple of weeks ago, no side effects. Second sometime April.

Well actually, there is one major side effect - that little knot of tension that you didn't know was there, but has been there for the last year, it's gone. I feel less nervous about going out where there might be crowded spaces, e.g. supermarket shopping*.

* still get up at god-awful-o'clock** to get in and out early before anyone else is around.
** another term is "o'crack sparrow fart", first heard in my navy days, but no idea where it comes from :)
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

SMG wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:21 am The major route of transmission is airborne, but it is possible to get it from surfaces if you are not careful where you place your hands after touching a contaminated surface. That's why the hand-washing and hand sanitizer are still important pieces in getting this under control. It is less likely to be as potent after being on a surface, but it is still a possibility.
I'm just a youngster at 78 y/o this week... :cry:

My mom was a RN and taught all of us kids about being careful with what we touch. :shock:

I have carried that to the extreme in the last few years, I never touch door handles with my bare hands. :(

when leaving public buildings, I open the door with my backside, and then turn around and leave the building. :arrow:
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

AZgl1500 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:49 am when leaving public buildings, I open the door with my backside, and then turn around and leave the building. :arrow:
that explains the brown residue on the door handles, always wondered where it came from :wink:
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

antikythera wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:47 pm
AZgl1500 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:49 am when leaving public buildings, I open the door with my backside, and then turn around and leave the building. :arrow:
that explains the brown residue on the door handles, always wondered where it came from :wink:
Aaaand we have another reason to not touch door handles :wink: (for the record, I also use my ample asset to open doors whenever I can).
Jeannie

Return to “Open Chat”