Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Post by AndyMH »

To be fair, local craft (a.k.a. "micro brew") beer in the U.S. is generally considered to be excellent
Agreed, there are some excellent North American beers, particularly the smaller breweries. Larger breweries - two of my favourites Rickards Red (Canadian) and Sam Adams (New England). Here in the UK, in my younger days used to drink a lot of Royal Oak (Eldridge Pope).
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Agreed, there are some excellent North American beers, particularly the smaller breweries. Larger breweries - two of my favourites Rickards Red (Canadian) and Sam Adams (New England). Here in the UK, in my younger days used to drink a lot of Royal Oak (Eldridge Pope).
It's just a real shame that beer is not a vaccine...lol...We would have all been vaccinated a long time ago...lol...DAMIEN
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

cliffcoggin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:46 pm
Maybe it was alt bier (old beer) that I had once in Hamburg. Absolutely delicious, and never tasted again in the 45 years since. There were also many fine beers in Bavaria, though the crown must go to those around Plzen in what was then Czechoslovakia.
Something is making me think the restaurant in question was in Bad Salzuflen. They had a fair amount of outdoor seating, and it was just so beautiful. I was in Hamburg as well; excellent food there, too.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
farkas
Level 5
Level 5

Post by farkas »

I got both jabs a month ago. No more painful than a mosquito bite. No sore arm or anything else.
My personal doctor insists on a blood draw for my annual physical wellness check-up. My veins take a deep dive whenever a needle comes near them. Some nurses get a hit on the first try, others ask to look at my other arm, after a couple of misses, looking for an easier vein to target.
If your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the subject line.
If you found a solution on your own please post it.
A generation which ignores history has no past and no future.
rumpus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rumpus »

Did someone mention beer?,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiyksNlrY0

rumpus
Beerislife

Post by Beerislife »

I got my first Pfizer jab yesterday at 5pm. No problems except today I've been tired and lethargic all day! It might also be the fact that it's 30C out there right now. I just put the air-conditioner on at last!

I can smell and taste everything OK except beer! I might pop out for a couple of tins later if I can keep my eyes open to see if it's any better!

I've got a 15 litre keg of hazy IPA in the fridge that I can't open until at least the 20th when this current State of Emergency ends, maybe!

Second jab is on June 29th!
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

Beerislife wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:48 am I got my first Pfizer jab yesterday at 5pm. No problems except today I've been tired and lethargic all day!
Same tiredness here after my first Pfizer jab. Lasted only one day, luckily.
Beerislife wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:48 am Second jab is on June 29th!
Strange how different countries apply different intervals between jabs. In The Netherlands the standard interval for Pfizer is five weeks, although I've read some research articles that suggest that an even longer interval is better (provides better and longer-lasting immunity). Pfizer itself recommends three weeks.

Anyway, my second shot is less than a week away.... And then I'll be done with bloody COVID-19 forever (no periodic repeater shots for me; no endless jabbing circus). I'll put my remaining masks and alcohol gel/spray/wipes on a pile and torch the lot. :twisted:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Pjotr wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:55 am Strange how different countries apply different intervals between jabs. In The Netherlands the standard interval for Pfizer is five weeks,
12 weeks here in the UK, although I suspect this was more down to supply availability than hard medical evidence.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Beerislife

Post by Beerislife »

My normal day is spent being slightly lethargic but that's down to the side-effects of the half dozen pills I swallow every day. Along with occasional nausea, being careful with sharp objects and photosensitivity. I can't go out in strong sunlight without sunglasses!

A stroke is the gift that keeps on giving.....

Still, at least I'm still able to slap myself around the head with both hands!

I think in the UK they wanted to jab as many people as possible with one shot with what supplies they had. My brother should be getting is second one RSN.

Here, we mainly have Pfizer and the SDF facilities are using Moderna. AZ was recently approved but they're shipping that off to Taiwan and Vietnam!
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

Pjotr wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:55 am I'll put my remaining masks and alcohol gel/spray/wipes on a pile and torch the lot. :twisted:
That sounds good. How about a weenie roast? (That's hot dogs in case some didn't know that.) My workplace did away with the requirement of mask wearing IF you are fully vaccinated. It took me a couple of days, but I finally stopped wearing it.
ricardogroetaers
Level 6
Level 6

Post by ricardogroetaers »

Pjotr wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:55 am I'll put my remaining masks and alcohol gel/spray/wipes on a pile and torch the lot. :twisted:
No vaccine is 100% guaranteed.
And the coronavirus variants are there.
Beerislife

Post by Beerislife »

ricardogroetaers wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:45 pm
Yes, there's the UK/Indian hybrid to worry about.

There's talk of needing a booster shot in the UK. Probably in August! I was hoping to be able to travel in Autumn. I might put that on hold and take a domestic trip.

Here they're manipulating the figures to make the daily infection rate appear lower than it really is, just in time for some stupid games that no one wants!
Japan Solves Coronavirus Crisis With Magical Math(s)
http://www.japansubculture.com/japan-so ... ical-math/
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

ricardogroetaers wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:45 pm
I agree. That's why I'm still going to be staying home for a while longer (at least, I still have plenty to do here) and masking up and social distancing when I do venture out for luxuries such as food, etc.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
ricardogroetaers
Level 6
Level 6

Post by ricardogroetaers »

Beerislife wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:09 pm Yes, there's the UK/Indian hybrid to worry about.
Add: Brazil
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

Schultz wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:11 pm My workplace did away with the requirement of mask wearing IF you are fully vaccinated. It took me a couple of days, but I finally stopped wearing it.
Yes, there's a psychological barrier to cross before one does away with all that protective stuff that we've become used to....

It's also important to realize that getting infected with COVID-19 simply doesn't matter any more when one has been vaccinated. Because then one won't become seriously ill any more. I'm not scared of getting mildly ill.

So to hell with all those variants and mutations: after my second Pfizer shot I'll eat them for breakfast. And those consecutive booster shots that some officials are talking about: I'm a healthy man with a pretty healthy lifestyle, so no way that I'll participate in some sort of a continuous jabbing circus. :twisted:
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

Pjotr wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 am
Schultz wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:11 pm My workplace did away with the requirement of mask wearing IF you are fully vaccinated. It took me a couple of days, but I finally stopped wearing it.
Yes, there's a psychological barrier to cross before one does away with all that protective stuff that we've become used to....

It's also important to realize that getting infected with COVID-19 simply doesn't matter any more when one has been vaccinated. Because then one won't become seriously ill any more. I'm not scared of getting mildly ill.

So to hell with all those variants and mutations: I'll eat them for breakfast. :twisted:
I cherish your wisdom in Linux however on this subject are you convincing yourself or others?
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

HaveaMint wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:56 am

So to hell with all those variants and mutations: I'll eat them for breakfast. :twisted:
I cherish your wisdom in Linux however on this subject are you convincing yourself or others?
I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just giving my opinion. For what it's worth. :wink:
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

Pjotr wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:59 am
HaveaMint wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:56 am

I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just giving my opinion. For what it's worth. :wink:
Please don't get me wrong on my quizzing you, I meant nothing more than to pick your thoughts.
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Fourth reminder:
xenopeek wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:59 pm Admin note: some posts have been removed from this topic. To those that don't care for the vaccine, or for national effort to reduce hospitalizations and preventable deaths, please take that elsewhere. This topic is for those that got the jab and sharing personal experience.
Please, please stay on topic and leave this topic for discussion about personal experience with the jab.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Well it’s been a couple of months and I seem to have no side effects from the Moderna version.

Return to “Open Chat”