Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Post by xenopeek »

admin note: this topic is for those that got the jab to share their personal experience.

Some recent posts have been removed. This isn't the place to discuss whether to take the vaccine or not; discuss that with your healthcare provider.
slipstick
Level 6
Level 6

Post by slipstick »

Going in Monday to get Pfizered for the second time. Getting a new, somewhat experimental vaccine like this reminds me of the first time I was a Guinea pig :D
Polio_Pioneer_front_1.jpg
Polio_Pioneer_back_1.jpg
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they ain't.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

"Pfizered"
I will have to remember that when I return for my second jab. :D

I received an official CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card when I received my first dose. It has a place for info for the second dose as well as a reminder of the second dose date and time on the reverse side. The location I received was an official state vaccination site, but maybe all sites are using CDC cards.

(CDC = Centers for Disease Control and Prevention = national public health agency of the USA)
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

SMG wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 pm "Pfizered"

I received an official CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card when I received my first dose. It has a place for info for the second dose as well as a reminder of the second dose date and time on the reverse side. The location I received was an official state vaccination site, but maybe all sites are using CDC cards.

(CDC = Centers for Disease Control and Prevention = national public health agency of the USA)
I received the same card with admonitions to make a copy of it, hold onto it, and not laminate it. The reason for hanging onto it is it's the permanent record of the shots I received and I'll need it on the odd chance boosters are ever needed.

My sister and her husband have had their shots. My children, grandchildren, niece, and nephew haven't had their shots. They are all in TX so I'm extra worried about them although my niece had the virus and appears to have recovered from it so she should be safe for a while. My grandnephew (her son) is too young for the shot so I'm extra worried about him.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
slipstick
Level 6
Level 6

Post by slipstick »

SMG wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 pm "Pfizered"
After I get the second shot I will be "Pfully Pfizered" :D
SMG wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 pm I received an official CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card when I received my first dose. It has a place for info for the second dose as well as a reminder of the second dose date and time on the reverse side. The location I received was an official state vaccination site, but maybe all sites are using CDC cards.

I got one of those too. I think they are universal nationwide.
csqwared
Level 1
Level 1

Post by csqwared »

slipstick wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:05 am
........... I think they are universal nationwide.
Must be one or 't'other. Can't be both. :lol: :lol:
By 'eck. It's grim up North.
Cinnamon 19.3
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I guess I was Moderna’ed!
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Going for my second jab of Pfizer this morning...Hoping it is just as uneventful as the first jab...lol...DAMIEN
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:09 am Going for my second jab of Pfizer this morning...Hoping it is just as uneventful as the first jab...lol...DAMIEN
Best of luck.
slipstick
Level 6
Level 6

Post by slipstick »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:09 am Going for my second jab of Pfizer this morning...Hoping it is just as uneventful as the first jab...lol...DAMIEN
Had my second jab yesterday (Pfizer). Sore arm today, just like last time. Otherwise no problems.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Had my second jab yesterday (Pfizer). Sore arm today, just like last time. Otherwise no problems.
Had mine this morning...So far not even a sore arm...YET...we shall see what tomorrow brings...lol...DAMIEN
Best of luck.
Thanks Murph

EDIT...One thing that was funny though...Their computer didnt have my appointment in it at all...Showed them the card they gave me when i got the first jab which also showed the next appt/date/and time, (today),...thats why i always arrive early for appts...To cover time lost due to mess ups with computer glitches...gotta love Walgreens...lol.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

Got my first shot today (Pfizer) about 3 hours ago. So far, no problems. The place where I got it was very efficient. I walked to the door, got my temperature taken and was asked the routine questions. Then I was immediately directed to a table where they scanned my ID and insurance card, then was immediately directed to another table where I immediately got the shot.
Last edited by Schultz on Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Schultz wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:45 pm Got my first shot today (Pfizer) about 3 hours ago. So far, no problems.
Wait til bed time! Got my first on Saturday afternoon and by the time I went to bed it felt like a big bouncer-type guy had hit me in the arm as hard as he could. Wasn't much better by morning but gradually subsided during the day Sunday. I hope yours goes better!
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

MrEen wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:50 pm
Schultz wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:45 pm Got my first shot today (Pfizer) about 3 hours ago. So far, no problems.
Wait til bed time! Got my first on Saturday afternoon and by the time I went to bed it felt like a big bouncer-type guy had hit me in the arm as hard as he could. Wasn't much better by morning but gradually subsided during the day Sunday. I hope yours goes better!
Maybe, maybe not. The shot doesn't affect all people in the same way and not all vaccines are the same. My first shot (Pfizer) only resulted in a little soreness at the injection site I felt only when I touched it (so I just didn't touch it). Unlike the first shot, the second shot stung a bit while the vaccine was being squirted in but it didn't ache at all afterwards. After both shots, I was tired for a couple of days which may or may not have been due to the shots (I waddled errands both days and I'm frequently tired for a day or two after waddling errands).

My sister had only some soreness after her first shot but her second shot did a number on her (she's not in good health). Everyone else I know who has had the shots have had little to no reactions.

Curiously, one friend had to get his second shot in a hospital. He had a reaction to one of his meds and his wife rushed him to the ER since his symptoms mimicked a stroke at first. While he was in the hospital, they went ahead and shot him there since he had to stay overnight for observation anyway. If he had a reaction to the Covid shot, it was masked by the allergic reaction he already had.

Swinging the arm in circles after the shot supposedly will reduce or maybe even prevent any soreness afterwards.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

After a day I've only had injection-site soreness (which was aggravated by lifting a 20 lb container of cat litter with only the arm that got the shot; yeah, I can be dumb at times).

Second shot is scheduled for the 26th. I'm a little concerned about that one as my mother also got the Pfizer shots and she said she was "sick" for 3 days after the second one. But then again, she is 79 years old.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

My mom had her second Pfizer shot a week ago. She was more tired that usual for a few days, but that was it.

I'm scheduled for my second shot next Monday. It's high allergen season for me, so I may not notice "more tired" as being anything unusual. :lol:
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Schultz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:27 pm After a day I've only had injection-site soreness (which was aggravated by lifting a 20 lb container of cat litter with only the arm that got the shot; yeah, I can be dumb at times)...
Not dumb as a certain, handicapped old broad ( :oops: ) who moved a 60 lb. computer case from one end of her home to the other. "She" paid for that with upper back and shoulder pain for two or three months after that.
Jeannie

DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Second shot is scheduled for the 26th. I'm a little concerned about that one as my mother also got the Pfizer shots and she said she was "sick" for 3 days after the second one. But then again, she is 79 years old.
I didnt even have a sore arm on the second Pfizer shot...i did the old rotation of the arm thing both before and after the shot...This was a week ago tuesday...DAMIEN
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Pfizered for the second time yesterday afternoon. Decided to get it in the other arm to be Pfizer balanced. :mrgreen:

I was also hoping I might experience less soreness by getting it in my dominant side, but arm soreness this morning is the same as last time. I did plenty of arm circles starting several days before as well as now doing some after, so I think the soreness may just depend on how one's immune system reacts.

I did notice a definite difference in my energy levels. I was yawning and having trouble keeping my eyes open much earlier in the evening than usual. I've taken different allergy medicines over the years which have made me drowsy or put me to sleep, but this was a different feeling. It was as if my body cells instead of being sharp and alert were droopy and blah. I woke this morning still on the blah side, but it also has not even been 24 hours since I received the second vaccine. I assume my body cells are busy doing important immune work. I planned my week as if this might happen because of all the feedback on this thread, so thanks to those who went before me and posted about their experiences.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Mouseover text reads:
I don't care whether you win or lose, as long as you have-- ...okay, sorry, I'm being reminded I very much care whether you win or lose. I need you to win, that's very important.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Open Chat”