Tiger Woods...

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Tiger Woods...

Post by Portreve »

Just heard that Tiger Woods was in a horrific, catastrophic automobile accident today in Los Angeles.

Can anyone confirm or not the rumors that it isn't not true that Tiger Woods is or isn't not dead?

Last I heard, he had been extricated from his car with a jaws-of-life and he was rushed to the hospital and into emergency surgery.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Tiger Woods...

Post by BenTrabetere »

Portreve wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:24 pm Can anyone confirm or not the rumors that it isn't not true that Tiger Woods is or isn't not dead?
According to Golf Digest he suffered multiple leg injuries and currently is in surgery.
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger- ... os-angeles
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

He's not dead but may never play golf again or walk for a very long time if at all. Depends what they can salvage of his legs really. The state of the SUV doesn't leave me holding out much hope for his legs. The engine is clearly past the firewall and ingressing into the front passenger and driver space. Even with collapsing pedals if it had them, his legs were never going to survive that without major injuries. Given his previous issues with pain killer addiction as well quite how they will manage that aspect is another matter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/56172067
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
csqwared
Level 1
Level 1

Post by csqwared »

All depends how determined you are:-

https://www.billymongerracing.co.uk/

Billy does have age on his side but it's a tough sport. Golf isn't as demanding and Tiger isn't that old.
By 'eck. It's grim up North.
Cinnamon 19.3
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Billy has a completely different mentality and I'm a big supporter of his. I doubt Tiger would have the same drive to carry on after what he went through already with his back and the addiction resulting from it.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

I'm not a golfer, just never seemed to be attracted to that sport.

I have though, watched Tiger Woods on TV a few times, and have noted his skills at the game.

as for this accident, reviewing his past history, he likes to drive fast....
and if a cellphone were involved in this accident, it would not surprise me....

it only takes 1 second for something to catch you by surprise, and that may have been just a wheel touching the concrete curb/kerb at the edge of the pavement, which then caused the rest of the car's path to go awry.

that car is really mangled, the few shots that I saw in only one report on it, does not show the interior, just the outward views of it hanging in a sling.

I doubt that Tiger will be able to compete again, with his legs torn up as much as they were, he will never be as stable as he needs to be.

I twisted a knee badly about 15 years ago, and it is still unstable, I favor it a lot when walking.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

There's also a problem with SUV and the high centre of gravity leading to a higher risk of barrel rolling. Look up elk test videos, because if Tiger was in full control and had to swerve it would have had the same effect as him either speeding or being distracted by a phone.

My thoughts too, his balance and stability will be off for some time and if he ever gets it back decent enough to play golf again it could be years. I have a second cousin who was riding pillion on a motorbike around 15 years ago on a trip to the TT races. His left leg was fractured in multiple places when an old man pulled out of a junction without looking. Around 5 years ago he had it amputed because it was getting to the point he couldn't put weight on it at all and he couldn't work in the machine shop any more. He is now working full time as a radiographer in the hospital that treated him, started doing marathons in a normal heavy wheelchair (but now has a proper racing one) and causing the general havoc he always used to. He's got a wicked sense of humour and a heart of gold. Sometimes he has problems with the prosthetic and of course phantom pain and itching from the missing lower leg and foot but carries on and does desk work checking x-rays.

He was racing his 7 yr old step daughter down a hill recently, her on a bike, him in his new chair and they collided. She got a broken arm out of it and his Wife wouldn't speak to him for a week :) The kid thought it was funny though and likes the bright pink cast, especially whacking her step-dad over the head with it.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Billy Whizz completed his Comic Relief challenge, so made up for him as it was no walk in the park - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-56213071

Return to “Open Chat”