Android Phone Users: Are Your Apps Suddenly Crashing/Refusing To Open?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Android Phone Users: Are Your Apps Suddenly Crashing/Refusing To Open?

Post by Portreve »

If suddenly, within the last day or so you've noticed on your Android-based phone that your apps are randomly no longer able to open without crashing, here's what's happened, and what you can do about it.

This has happened to me so I researched it and discovered the following:

The last update Google made to Android WebView had problems which are at the root of this situation.

If you check again, you should find there's another brand new as of today (3/23) release of both WebView and Chrome. Download and install them both. Then, reboot your phone. You should now find the problem has been resolved.

As always, if you or any of your crew are caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

This message will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Lert
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Android Phone Users: Are Your Apps Suddenly Crashing/Refusing To Open?

Post by Lert »

Thanks for the 'heads up' on that. My Samsung S7 phone had some of the app quitting for no reason since the last couple of days. A good update fixed it.
You may ask why the French eat snails.. It's because they don't like fast food..

Return to “Open Chat”