Johnson & Johnson Covid Vaccine

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Johnson & Johnson Covid Vaccine

Post by karlchen »

<mod>
1 post put into quarantine. Reason: FUD post, lots of half-true/untrue claims, no sources given for any of them.
Telling people to go and google, where you got your claims from is not acceptable. Share the sources of your wisdom, please, or keep it to yourself.
</mod>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Next day, noon, no side effects.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Removed post
Last edited by LanceM on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

My card
Hi Lance, and all others reading this,

A warning was just issued by US news services from the US Gov't, and FBI, in conjunction with the CDC asking people to stop posting these cards online as they have now found that they are being counterfeited and sold on whatever market there is to unvaccinated individuals in anticipation of future need to be able to attend public events, air travel, as well as identity theft, etc...DAMIEN

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-of ... -platforms

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vacc ... ers-fraud/

EDIT...Glad to see you removed your card pic, for your on privacy/security sake...lol.
Last edited by DAMIEN1307 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter_Minty
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Peter_Minty »

Ah this thread is being censored. My post and those by others, have been removed explaining the real situation. This is clearly a pro-vax site. :evil: Worth knowing.

The current phase is to demonise unvaccinated people, Zuckerberg is doing it, our New Supreme Leader is also announcing it. "...unvaccinated people are the current greatest threat to humanity" (Klaus Schwab) - Right words, wrong order, he actually means "..the greatest threat to humanity is Klaus Schwab and the vaccines."

The Vaccine Passport is needed to get more people vaxed and ready for "boosters" which are coming, many are not tested or even needed but you WILL take them, to the very end, job done.

censor/delete this post - and shame on you.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Peter_Minty wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:02 am Ah this thread is being censored. My post and those by others, have been removed explaining the real situation. This is clearly a pro-vax site. :evil:
it's probably Not pro-vax .. Not at all . . Nor is it anti-vax either .. it is neither.

BUT:
if there is anything that is controversial .. then that will get Moderated.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

I deleted my own post. Not censored. 3rd day no side effects, so probably won'n be an. I'm thankful.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

They were undoubtedly talking about Karlchen's edit above, not yours. An edit for which I'll express thanks: the internet overflows with ridiculous, unsubstantiated vaccination-conspiracy drivel: Peter can go spout his psychotic bullshit on many, many psychotic bullshit sites; please not on the Linux Mint forums.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

rene wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:02 am They were undoubtedly talking about Karlchen's edit above, not yours. An edit for which I'll express thanks: the internet overflows with ridiculous, unsubstantiated vaccination-conspiracy drivel: Peter can go spout his psychotic bullshit on many, many psychotic bullshit sites; please not on the Linux Mint forums.
Thanks. I'm glad your back. I was worried about you.
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Pjotr »

LanceM wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:43 am 3rd day no side effects, so probably won'n be an. I'm thankful.
Good to hear! Note that having some (relatively mild) side effects can also simply mean that your immune system is responding to the vaccine. Which is OK.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Good to hear! Note that having some (relatively mild) side effects can also simply mean that your immune system is responding to the vaccine. Which is OK.v
I thought abut that. I've had flu shots I didn't react to as well.
Peter_Minty
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Peter_Minty »

There was nothing controversial in my post that got deleted. I listed facts that can be checked and verified. I know people can't be bothered to check up, it's easier to delete such messages and say nothing is being censored, anything controversial will be removed. Censoring is so easy.

2207 deaths within 28 of taking the vax in Scotland - that's a fact, it's not controversial.

Know it's not a vax in the usual sense, a mute piece of the target virus to which the body reacts. It is mRNA, that's a recipe, the body's cells make whatever that mRNA says, in this case a virus and then the body has to defend against it. And it is classed as experimental! Facts, not controversial, look it up.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Much like there were 2207 deaths in Scotland within 28 days of watching the Eurovision songcontest in 2019. And that's a (well, approximate anyways...) fact, it's not controversial.

Yah, yah, I know, let's not respond at all. Will strive to be stronger...
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Peter_Minty wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 pmIt is mRNA, that's a recipe, the body's cells make whatever that mRNA says, in this case a virus and then the body has to defend against it. And it is classed as experimental! Facts, not controversial, look it up.
I suggest you look it up because the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine, which is the subject of this thread, is not an mRNA vaccine. It is an adenovirus vector vaccine.

This thread is for people to discuss their experiences with this specific vaccine. If you have not had it and do not plan to get it, then why are you posting false information about the J&J vaccine in this thread?
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

SMG wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:10 pm If you have not had it and do not plan to get it, then why are you posting false information about the J&J vaccine in this thread?
For the same reason anyone spreading misformation on the internet does: to feel important. To be better than all them sheeple.

Thanks for the information by the way; now feel silly for not even noticing that part...
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Peter_Minty wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 pmThere was nothing controversial in my post that got deleted.
It was nothing but controversial claims, supported by no verifiable pieces of evidence.
Peter_Minty wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 pm I listed facts that can be checked and verified.
You did not provide a single piece of evidence. You told people to google where you got your statements from.
Peter_Minty wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 pm 2207 deaths within 28 of taking the vax in Scotland - that's a fact, it's not controversial.
You are doing it again: statement, no piece of evidence provided.

Repeating what had been requested a few posts above already: Share the sources of your wisdom, please, or keep your it to yourself.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

Peter_Minty wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 pm There was nothing controversial in my post that got deleted. I listed facts that can be checked and verified. I know people can't be bothered to check up, it's easier to delete such messages and say nothing is being censored, anything controversial will be removed. Censoring is so easy.

2207 deaths within 28 of taking the vax in Scotland - that's a fact, it's not controversial.

Know it's not a vax in the usual sense, a mute piece of the target virus to which the body reacts. It is mRNA, that's a recipe, the body's cells make whatever that mRNA says, in this case a virus and then the body has to defend against it. And it is classed as experimental! Facts, not controversial, look it up.
But none of those deaths have been linked to a vaccine reaction
The request for the information was made on the 20th February 2021 and asked –

“Could you please provide the total number of deaths for any reason within 28 days of having a Covid vaccine from the start of the vaccination roll out date?”

To which Public Health Scotland responded with –

“Using the latest mortality data available (Up to 26th February), 2,207 people have died within 28 days of vaccination (number of days between vaccine and death is 0-27 where 0 is the day of vaccination).”

But Public Health Scotland then added a caveat to this data by stating –

“Please note that these deaths are due to any cause, PHS is not currently aware of any deaths in Scotland that are considered conclusively linked to vaccination.”
https://dailyexpose.co.uk/2021/03/30/f- ... ssion=true
Not sure if that website is legit but I bet very few deaths can be linked to vaccines.
zcot
Level 9
Level 9

Post by zcot »

rene wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:42 pm For the same reason anyone spreading misformation on the internet does: to feel important. To be better than all them sheeple.
Actually most of those hosebags running the content sites are doing it for the money obviously. It's just that a whole slew of unsuspecting impressionables get caught in the slag, as stated. :lol: actually there should be no laughing honestly. :shock:

Yep, that's a true shame that there's a number of honest-to-goodness social snares like that, like you mention.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

zcot wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:49 pm Actually most of those hosebags running the content sites are doing it for the money obviously.
Although possible, and although I've been known to be naive in that context, that explanation comes as far as I'm concerned close to sounding like a counter-conspiracy theory, i.e., as yet another attempt at ascribing rational motivation to random and/or irrational events and behaviour.

When an individual specimen knows more than is average for its species it is potentially in a better evolutionary position than average. Give it 3.5 billion years and the invention of the internet and up pops the tsunami of net-wads trying to convince themselves that they do in fact know more than the rest of us sheeple.

In the Western nation where most of this crap originates, "even before COVID-19, the prevalence of mental illness among adults was increasing. In 2017-2018, 19% of adults experienced a mental illness.", c.f., https://www.mhanational.org/issues/stat ... th-america. Add in that many or even most forms of mental illness seem to involve at least some level of paranoia, probably as an also natural defence mechanism of the confused mind, and the current prevalence of conspiracy-theories really needs no explanation outside of the field of psychology.

Possibly sociology in the sense of why as many people as all that need to try as desperately as all that to convince themselves they are / their life is better than it in fact is, but economy? I don't buy it.

N.B. Only SMG has added anything (directly) topical in this leaf of the thread, so should an enterprising moderator decide to scrub e.g my own posts from it: very good. I personally like freedom of mental illness a lot more than freedom of speech.
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Pjotr »

rene wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:04 am I personally like freedom of mental illness a lot more than freedom of speech.
I don't agree, not in general at least.... See the abuse of the diagnosis "sluggish schizophrenia" (or "slow progressive schizophrenia") in the Soviet Union, in order to suppress dissenters. :lol:
https://dbpedia.org/page/Sluggish_schizophrenia

Asking for proof, debunking and ridicule are usually better methods for exposing and/or silencing fools. Because who is to determine in advance what is foolishness and what is wisdom? It's a slippery road.

That said: this is not a forum for political and/or incendiary debate. It's a forum for mutual technical assistance with Linux in general and Linux Mint in particular. The off topic open chat section is just a frill and should never detract from the main purpose of the forum. So some degree of censorship is unfortunately necessary here, because flame wars are disruptive and destructive.

Back on topic: the USA have already vaccinated almost half their population. What an admirable feat. And what a dire contrast with my own country, which is scandalously lagging behind. :(

Personally I do hope I'll be able to get the Janssen vaccine. In The Netherlands, people can't choose which vaccine they want: it's "take it or leave it".
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

Return to “Open Chat”