I'm DONE with Best Buy

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Re: I'm DONE with Best Buy

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

AZgl1500 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:40 am
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:28 pm
Amazon shipping is fast only if you pay their extortion, aka Prime. Per Amazon, Amazon "prioritizes" the filling of orders, which is another way of saying they penalize non-Prime customers by delaying when they fill orders.

I'm not interested in other Prime "benefits and services".
ummmm,
tain't so....

I do NOT have, nor will I ever pay for Prime.
and I get the same fast shipping as folks who pay for Prime.

Nearly always 2 days to my door, and I'm in a rural area next to the cows putting out methane in the air.

My biggest gripe, is I don't get the same drivers here all the time.
they are ignoring the delivery instructions and I find packages littered all over the place.

instructions: Leave in Car, do not put on the ground!!!!

the brown box truck, same driver who knows me, says hello, "how ya doing to day John? "
In my case, shipping can be overnight if coming from one of their three "fulfillment centers" (pretentious term for warehouse) in my next of the woods...er...desert but they usually will delay filling the order to ensure it takes a week for me to get it. Lately, they occasionally will deliver sooner but that is the exception rather than the rule. I have one order right now that I ordered last Sunday and it's not scheduled to deliver until Saturday.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
GS3
Level 8
Level 8

Post by GS3 »

YouTube video: What Happened to America's Electronics Stores? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyuk2cbEZfs
Please do not use animated GIFs in avatars because many of us find them distracting and obnoxious. Thank you.
kelevra
Level 4
Level 4

Post by kelevra »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 am they usually will delay filling the order to ensure it takes a week for me to get it
I know exactly what you mean. I live rurally and it usually takes about a week to receive my goodies. One day to fill the order and one to get it shipped. I have noticed that the time to fill the order has grown. I am now on day three after my latest purchase and the order is still not filled.
"None of us is as smart as all of us." Ken Blanchard

Mint 21 Cinnamon
AMD© R5 2600 @ stock 16GiB

Mint 20.2 Cinnamon
Intel© Celeron© CPU B820 @ 1.70GHz 8GiB
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

One time, I was ordering something from Amazon and just as I was about to click "Submit" on the order screen, I heard this strange wheezing, groaning sound coming from my porch. I clicked the button and when I ran out to see what it was, my package was already there, leaning up against my front door!

Simply amazing service!
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
GS3
Level 8
Level 8

Post by GS3 »

Sometimes you don't want service that is too fast.

I once bought a laxative that was so fast it worked its effect just as I was paying for it at the store. It was that good.
Please do not use animated GIFs in avatars because many of us find them distracting and obnoxious. Thank you.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

I once bought a laxative that was so fast it worked its effect just as I was paying for it at the store. It was that good.
Must have been fun cleaning out the racing stripes from you undies...lol...DAMIEN
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:29 pm
Must have been fun cleaning out the racing stripes from you undies...lol...DAMIEN
Probably more like the racetrack and parking lot.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

GS3 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:26 pm Sometimes you don't want service that is too fast.

Reminds me of that stuff they gave me the night before my colonoscopy. :roll: :( :?
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

whew . . . . we need to get this tread back on track. :roll:
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

Best Buy did a good job of setting up my outdoor over-the-air TV antenna. I still use them when I need to.
RickyRaccoon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RickyRaccoon »

Schultz wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:42 pm Best Buy did a good job of setting up my outdoor over-the-air TV antenna. I still use them when I need to.
They brought my fridge out, set it up, and hauled the old one off, can't complain.
Portreve wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:17 pm Yeah, I was just about to respond to your previous post when I saw this follow up. I read about that when it happened. As for them being in all major cities, that might be the case on the west side of the U.S., but there weren't any over on this side.
Was one in Birmingham, but I never got a chance to go to it, went pffft! before the COVID.
Portreve wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:52 pm A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away...) I used to do all my ordering primarily through MacConnection, MacWarehouse, and MacMall. Of course, this was all in the days of mail order catalogs and calling up and ordering things over the phone. Generally, I would need to get a cashier's check because I didn't have a card they could take over the phone. Of course, with the rise of the Internet and e-commerce, the age of catalogs died, and eventually most of the mail order outfits either merged or simply died out.
Speaking of COVID... if you recognise these two words, you're in the High Risk Group:

Computer Shopper

Remember when Computer Shopper was HUGE? And didn't matter what your system was, you'd find something in the Computer Shopper. Even for my Timex/Sinclair

I'd buy it just to moon over the ads and toy with the notion of making me an 'XT Compatible'. With dual floppies!

Is it me, or was it just more fun back then?
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Oh, I remember Computer Shopper! OMG, I haven't heard that name in ages.

I had friends who would order things through them, and I remember going through those myself. Of course, back in the day, they had relatively little for Mac users; however, when what you wanted was one of those (at the time) fairly rare pieces of hardware which was relatively platform-agnostic (such as a networkable PostScript printer, or a SCSI flatbed scanner, and so on) then it could be quite handy.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
RickyRaccoon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RickyRaccoon »

I remember when CS started shrinking in size, after the Internet started to kill publications like that. It was like watching an old friend waste away. I rarely ever bought anything out of Computer Shopper; but I loved to buy a copy every several months, like a kid going through the toy section of a Sears/JC Penney/Montgomery Wards catalog.
farkas
Level 5
Level 5

Post by farkas »

Used to subscribe to Byte magazine. Read all the articles and drooled over the ads for the stuff that I couldn't afford.
Now it is "Ho Hum" what else is new? Brick and Mortar stores have a hard time keeping up with online retailers.
Witness
https://frys.com/
If your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the subject line.
If you found a solution on your own please post it.
A generation which ignores history has no past and no future.

Return to “Open Chat”