Banned Posting

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
JTemple
Level 5
Level 5

Banned Posting

Post by JTemple »

I looks like this was a banned post. I don't know why. It was posted as a warning so people would be more careful than ever about trying to protect themselves and stay safe. How could this be a bad thing to post?
Barred.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. “- Bertrand Russell (I suspect I'm often of the stupid variety!)
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Banned Posting

Post by rene »

It apparently didn't even make it to Google's webcache so only the banning moderator will be able to say, but I take it then that that cut off subject line was not e.g. "COVID-19 variants are making people sicker so mu [... ] tilation of your neighbour's dog is in order as a sacrifice to the COVID-demon" or "sings on the great COVID-conspiracy are hereby shared" or... ?

I do notice that Peter_Minty was one of the responders. Let's just say that doesn't bode well for the factuality of any such thread in and of itself; if you didn't read his contribution I expect that may have been it.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

JTemple wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:04 am I looks like this was a banned post. I don't know why.
I'm sure you have some idea of why. It was removed from public view because it's a sensitive subject and got contentious pretty much immediately. As I stated in the topic, before your last post to the topic, so you must have seen it:
As a mod, I have to say that this subject has the potential to get ugly, really fast. We've seen it before, it was no fun. And we don't necessarily feel like babysitting yet another Covid topic.
So either this one stays civilised, and the mods grind their teeth and babysit it anyway, or it gets locked.
It did not stay civilised. If it stayed up, it would have gotten worse. That's all.
We have had long threads about Covid here in the past. They're a pain to moderate. No one wants to do it. It's better not to have these threads.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
JTemple
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JTemple »

My apologies, it really was meant a a "public service announcement" and copied directly from the Toronto Star Newspaper. I will be sure to keep such news to myself in future. No, I was dense enough to not understand why it was removed. :oops: Again, my apologies. It is never my intent to cause trouble.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. “- Bertrand Russell (I suspect I'm often of the stupid variety!)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

JTemple wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:18 pm It is never my intent to cause trouble.
No worries, I know that! Apologies gladly accepted.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

Just be thankful that on this forum, we can get answers.

On Amazon you cannot ever get an answer as to why you got banned from posting anything, not even a question to a vendor.

I had that happen immediately after I had written a detailed review of a book, that I had been lucky enough to be a Beta Reader, and offered up corrections to the Manuscript to the Author of the book.

when I wrote my review of the book after it was published, the Author thought that I had " given away too much of the plot " and asked me to revise my Review.

I did, shortened it down from about 5 lines to only 1 line.
I got banned the next day, they stripped out 100s of my Reviews on Kindle books that I had read....
and now, I can't post a Review, nor can I ask a question to any Vendor.

and there is NO WAY to get that fixed, there is NO ONE TO CONTACT at Amazon to argue your case.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
JTemple
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JTemple »

AZgl1500 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:10 am Just be thankful that on this forum, we can get answers.

On Amazon you cannot ever get an answer as to why you got banned from posting anything, not even a question to a vendor.
and there is NO WAY to get that fixed, there is NO ONE TO CONTACT at Amazon to argue your case.
I never have any doubt that the mods have good reasons for actions they take and though they have no obligation to explain are happy to do so, which is very nice of them. I have also noted they are some of the most tolerant mods on the web!

I have ZERO interactions with Amazon. The reasons are how they treat their sellers, who also fail to get real answers, get abused by Amazon and also can not argue their case with anyone AND then there is the HE!! they put delivery drivers through. Last but not least the abuse and exploitation of warehouse workers.

An aside is the horrendous amount of data they collect. It is unbelievable how much they know about people that visit Amazon, to the point of being shocking. I go there to see what might be available in a given line of products and then scrub the history immediately. If I saw a product I like, I go directly to the manufacturer's website or a IRL, bricks and mortar business. I loath Amazon more than any other tech giant! Contrary to popular misconceptions, they, very often, are, far, from the cheapest, anyway. Heaven forbid, they want to get into banking and health care. In effect, they want to be the only viable company for all things, An amazon world. :twisted:

Return to “Open Chat”