Unable to send texts from my phone

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
KS1
Level 2
Level 2

Unable to send texts from my phone

Post by KS1 »

I wonder if any of you have experienced this? Am at my witts end trying to resolve it.

I can receive texts on my mobile OK but I cant send them or reply. When I try to send a text it trys to send and them pops up an error, a red exclamation mark and a "retry button" This all started out of the blue about three weeks ago.

The phone concerned is an LG K100 but I suspect its nothing to do with the model as such and likely an obscure setting issue?
OS is Android 6.0

I have tried:
Migrating my number over to a new SIM in case it was corrupted.
A soft reset.
A hard reset back to factory defaults.
Run all updates.
Put the SIM in another phone. It then works fine so confirms the SIM/account is fine.

So it must me some setting on my phone that got changed but despite dinking around for ages I sure cant find it.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Unable to send texts from my phone

Post by Moem »

If someone can help you with this (I surely can't) they will need to know the operating system and version that your phone is running.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
KS1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by KS1 »

Moem wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:32 am If someone can help you with this (I surely can't) they will need to know the operating system and version that your phone is running.
Yes thank you Moem, valid point!
Have edited my post above
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

Are trying to use the WiFi Calling feature, and you do NOT have a carrier signal in your area?

I remember that when we were in the Seneca Rock, W. VA which is an area that is devoid of any cell carriers period, all we had was the thin ASDL internet with WiFi from the Convenience store's Router.

We were NOT able to send SMS messages, we could ONLY make Voice phone calls.

.SMS is DATA on the 1g or 2g cell carrier network, it is NOT WiFi.

here in my home, which is in a very rural area and the cell carriers signals are so weak, that he might get a call, or not....

I bought a Verizon Network Extender and connected it to my T-Mobile LTE modem Hotspot via a LAN port thru a WiFi to Ethernet adapter.
That provides us with a mini-cell tower inside our home, and the signal strength is through the roof....

Typically, our Signal strength here is between -107 to -118 dBm from the Verizon Cell Towers,
this image is from the Network Extender in my office.

LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
KS1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by KS1 »

No this is just regular trexts via normal cell phone. And it works if I put the SIM in another phone and my partners phone sends just fine too.
So must be something with my phone I presume?

Return to “Open Chat”